Suzanne: At Least I Don't Have a Kid in Iraq

1/9/2007 3:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In the wake of a devastating fire that destroyed her Malibu home, Suzanne Somers maintains a positive attitude.

In a statement to TMZ issued by her rep, Suzanne says, "My nature is to look at the glass half full. I don't have a son or daughter in Iraq. I haven't lost a loved one. We will rebuild, and I truly believe we will learn something great from this experience."

Suzanne and her husband were not in Malibu during the blaze.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Virginia

If I was a mother, who lost a son or daughter in Iraq, I would never be able to replace that loss or repair the damage to my heart and soul.

But if I was a homeowner, who lost a house in Malibu, then I would simply replace the lost house.

That is all Ms. Sommers was saying - losing a house in Malibu is nothing compared to life changeing losses many mothers here in the US are experiencing EVERYDAY, thru the loss of their children being sent to the frontlines of war.

jake

Wow ....stingy, self centered remarks...used to like her...still hot..but..She should of thought of the families that have HEROS in Iraq...like my Son.....

JULIE

SHE'S A CLASS ACT.

luvbny

wow, that was nice. why dont you go get some more plastic surgery and act more your age, arent you like 60 ??? what a beotch!

bigSHADY

...AND SHE'S STILL HOTTER THAN A MUTHA F***ER!!!!

nore

please, freedom of speech morons she can say what she wants that is why your people are over there dying isn't it? for democracy???? doesn't that apply here?? why yes it does MORONS. Bush should be tried in world court for war crimes. US soldiers in Iraq are there illegally and need to come home now!

dd

I don't see the connection with Iraq and her house being burned down.

Sweet

what is with you people? She is being honest. her house burned down, she's alive, and her kids didn't die. so it's not the end of the world for her. jeeze!

nore

did it ever occur to you jake that she was THINKING of the families in IRAQ and suggesting that her plight was not as bad as service men and women and their families my god are you THAT stupid? and luv, f*** you you're the beotch

free4all

Kiss my ass, Kelly you beeotch!!!

Gina

To the posters that critiqued Ms. Sommers for saying she is glad that her son or daughter isn't in Iraq- you are proof that even trailers have internet access. She wasn't saying they weren't heroes, but that she is better off knowing where her son/daughter is and they are healthy. It isn't 2 to 3 million-it's more like 10 million dollars worth of homes and these people lost their homes despite the cost.

racer

yes jake is a moron and probably doesn't have a kid anywhere near iraq...

jake

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly ..you ignorent slut...Stop tying to read sh*t thats not there...

free4all

Hey Kelly Kiss my Azz, such a dickhead!

Rachel

IDIOTS-She was showing more sympathy for the parents with children in IRAQ as opposed to her situtation. GET OFF HER BACK!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments