Suzanne Somers' Home Destroyed in Fire

1/9/2007 1:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed that the home of Suzanne Somers was completely destroyed in a fast-moving fire that also engulfed several other multi-million dollar homes in Malibu. Most homes in the area go for between $5 and $15 million.

The blaze burned near Malibu Colony, one of the area's original beachfront neighborhoods. The densely built stretch of luxury homes is a favorite of celebrities, and boasts such residents as Mel Gibson, Pierce Brosnan, Pamela Anderson, Barbra Streisand, Ted Danson, David Geffen and Courteney Cox-Arquette.

Malibu fire: Click to watchSomers, perhaps best known for her role on the 80s sitcom "Three's Company," currently sells diet and lifestyle products with her husband of nearly 30 years, Alan Hamel.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Ageless Diva

I think she looks incredible!

David Purcell

The West is at increasing risk of wildfire given the impact of invasive species, development, and a prolonged drought in certain areas. If you want to assess the wildfire risk (and other risks, including earthquakes and landslides) of your home address, now you finally can at www.ClimateAppraisal.com.

JULIE

THAT'S SAD.

Rick

.How sad..My heart goes out to Suzanne and her husband. I was a victim of a house fire and know what it means to lose your lifes treasures. Keep your head high Suzanne!!!!

steve

That is sad,

Bad plastic surgery........... Suzanne

She's worth what........200 million.... from QVC Crap. ???

John

Is Suzanne and her family ok?

Who cares about the stinkin' house!

SuperStarSteve

She still owns the land, that is a prime area. If she rebuilds, it can be a fireproof home. Yesterday was such a beautiful day in Malibu until the fires spread quickly. I'm curious as to how this one started. Yesterday there was someone talking to the news (KCAL 9)? who said he saw a man running from a plume of smoke just before the fires broke out....yet he didn't bother to call the police or fire department. That area is flat and near the beach, an area one would not associate with a fire prone area.

moi

I was actually in the middle of one of her books when I heard on the news that her house had been destroyed! My thoughts are with her.....

j.ryan

Susan Anton was NOT a popular 80's actress.......

Carl

I don't know what's the facination about Malibu. That place is not suitable for human dwelling. I understand the view is spectacular but every couple years fire and flood destroy homes there and people still want to live there. It's just sad to see those homes go down in flame. I wonder if those people have fire/flood insurance.

Peter Coffin

And for only a dollar, you can keep Suzanne fed...

Richard Hoffman

No matter if you are wealthy or just making ends meet, losing a home and all your possessions to a suspicious fire are tragic. Put yourself in any fire victims footsteps

May Suzanne & Alan and Susan and the others who have suffered a loss have the strength to get through this trying time.

christiana

it was started by a lit cigarette that some jackass through out the window?! what the hell is wrong with people.

it is very upsetting to see peoples homes, no matter who they are, get totally destroyed.

i wish them all well in this devastating time. we are thinking of you.

christiana

to correct myself... threw out the window.

A.J.

Where do I send my Dollar? LOL.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments