Suzanne Somers' Home Destroyed in Fire

1/9/2007 1:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed that the home of Suzanne Somers was completely destroyed in a fast-moving fire that also engulfed several other multi-million dollar homes in Malibu. Most homes in the area go for between $5 and $15 million.

The blaze burned near Malibu Colony, one of the area's original beachfront neighborhoods. The densely built stretch of luxury homes is a favorite of celebrities, and boasts such residents as Mel Gibson, Pierce Brosnan, Pamela Anderson, Barbra Streisand, Ted Danson, David Geffen and Courteney Cox-Arquette.

Malibu fire: Click to watchSomers, perhaps best known for her role on the 80s sitcom "Three's Company," currently sells diet and lifestyle products with her husband of nearly 30 years, Alan Hamel.

Amy

Very sad to see this happen, but if you live in Malibu you know the risks and hopefully Suzanne did get the proper insurance.

By the way, she was best known for her role on "Three's Company", yes, but she was on it from 1977-1981 and the show didn't do nearly as well after she left. I'd call it a "70s sitcom", rather than credit it to the 80s.

bunny

SORRY TO HEAR THAT SUZANNE. I AM SURE YOU WILL BUY BIGGER AND BETTER HOUSE. KEEP PRAYING IT WILL BE ALRIGHT. STUFF HAPPEN IN EVERYBODIES LIFE FOR REASON. SO JUST BE THANKSFUL THAT YOU ARE ALIVE, AND NOBODY GOT HURT. IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.

Linda

I just want to say, I hope that Suzanne and her Husband are ok, and hopefully one day, will rebuild there home! Good Luck, my prayers are with you, and to everyone else as well!

Ken Hughes

There are two certainties in Southern California, mud slides and fires. To say it was started by someone throwing a lit cigarette out a car window is ridiculous. California law has prohibited using the landscape as an ashtray for the past 50 years at least, the warning signs are everywhere.
It would be nice if people stuck to the facts they know and not make them up for convince sake.

Sandy M

Losing your home to a fire is tragic no matter who you are..Hopefully no one ever has to have that happen to them.

D*aisy

I watched this fire and the drama from a happy hour patio on the Santa Monica Pier.....slow nite in l.a.

Mauricio Villablanca

Yeah it sucks but don't feel sorry for her. She'll have a new mansion in a few weeks.

Butterfly

I have been a secret Suzanne Somers fan for years and I'm sorry to hear about this devastating tragedy.

My prayers are with her and Alan.

Steve

Who cares?

Did they donate MILLIONS to the victims of Katrina or Rita - not hardly.

They are the "rich and [in]famous" who expect the commoners to give away their loot, but don't even ask them to fork over.

They are no different than the likes of Osama bin-Laden who tells his followers to go out and blow themselves and others up, but don't have the gonads to do what they demand their followers do.

Linda

How tragic! Suzanne and Alan, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Suzanne is a wonderful entrepeneur and works very hard for her money! She has helped millions of people. You all who are making light of this need to get a life. I think the word for ya'll would be "jealous"! Suzanne, always the optimist, WILL deal with this and get through it. They are a very very strong couple. I sympathize with the both of you as you suffer through your loss. I am so sorry to hear that this happened to everyone who sufferred a loss last night.

Allred Tree

This is a true tragedy. I hope that no animals lost their lives and that this "suspicious" fire was not caused by an arsonist. Suzanne had a rather volatile interview recently on Larry King, discussing one of her books having to do with bio-identical hormone treatment that she chose rather than chemotherapy for her breast cancer. There were doctors on this panel and one of the points Suzanne made was about how much money the pharmaceutical industry makes on some of their drugs! Could Suzanne's research have provoked an arsonist?

chena

YOU CAN'T LIVE THE GOOD LIFE FOR EVER !! 2 BAAAAD

THE GOOD NEW IS THAT NOW THEY CAN LITERALLY LIVE ON THE BEACH !!

HAAAAA !!

RStothart

This was our family home ---built by my husband and myself to house our
first baby....and eventually three more. We played on every inch of that beach,
and have such fond memories of those days 1956-1974. We faced several
fires; one in 1958 took down many close neighbors homes and ours survived
with mere smoke damage. We were often ravaged by close calls, if not from
fire, from high tides. It take guts to live along that stretch...but can also be
worth it. My heart sinks now to think of the tragedy there.

Jay

She can stay at my house if she wants just bring the thigh master.

Gene

what?

no herbal remedy for fire??