Ross to Serve as "Idol" Mentor

1/16/2007 9:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Diana RossDiana Ross told David Letterman that she is going to be on "American Idol" this season.

During a taping of "The Late Show" this afternoon, the legendary singer told Dave, "I'm going to do the 'American Idol,' as a mentor. And then I'll leave from there and I'll go on tour, March and April."

"Idol" producers were not immediately available for comment. The show premieres tonight at 8PM ET/PT on Fox.

chena

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE DIANA ROSS ! SHE'S THE ORIGINAL D-I-V-A.

AND SHE LOOKS GREAT FOR ALMOST 70.

YOU GO GIRL !

Wicked

#1 Brittany

she's not almost 70 for one thing...and she looks busted.

Wicked

she's a bitch...royal bitch

Wicked

queen of mean

so glad she is a loser like the rest of you freaks

chena

Diana Ross truly is the queen of all divas. She spawned generations of diva wannabes like:

Paris Hilton, Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, Toni Braxton and every freakin' homofag
in the world.

Luv you, Ms. Ross....................

Mad Balls

First ...If you want ot throw a phone ....say some ingrate mixed your drink wrong ....

here ... more fling ......and then the insult !
never insult first ...always be the cat ....
the cool bitch .... and then

the insult
" You're lucky I bought your contract out from the Indo-japenese mouth-HO Mob ..... slut "

A kiss on the ring finger creates ..... orgasm ...What ...NO no ?!? You want me to teach something other than .....

Oh ...... singing...singing ..heh ...I thought you wanted a DivaHhhh darling !!!

Sunny

All I have to say at some point in our lives we just have to say it's over... I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the rest of my life away from it all...... Oh wait she did that and got pulled over for D.U.I. My bad go Lady Di!!!!

Dorian

Miss Diana ought to replace Plastered Paula.

Ross, a woman with proven talent, would make a much better judge than Burnout Abdul. Technical difficulties my *ss!

Whatever

They should get rid of Paula and replace her with Diana (who has talent) and drop Paula off at the Betty Ford Clinic.

Ken

See it, stay tuned.

beth c

NO. 7..what the hell are you talking about?

george vieto

Diana Ross couldn't save American Idiot. Good luck mentoring rejects from the Dave Clark Five.

Brother Harold, S.J.

She's the most arrogant bitch in the business.

d-man

she is lying the stupid bitch.
american idol does not need her
she is just trying to get attention the friggin ho

Barry

The one and only Legend and Diva of the last fourty five/fifty years is BARBRA. Diana Ross is a homely old untalented performer. If it it wasn't for Bob Mackie dressing her in a DRAG QUEEN look of Rhinestones, Sequins, Feathers, and exagerrated wigs, nobody on the street would give her as single glance. She could never sing. Her claim to fame was strictly visual. Barbra doesn't need to wear all of that makeup, and crap, and Drag Queen gowns, because she has a God given talent. It used to be "Call Me Miss Ross", now it's "Call Me A Has Been"., and a mean & nasty one at that.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments