Sad Brad Puffs and Ponders

2/1/2007 2:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brad Pitt took a pensive break from helping Angelina Jolie collect items from her late mother's hotel room, and sat on the balcony floor to have a cigarette on Wednesday.

Angelina's mother, Marcheline Bertrand, passed away on Saturday after a long battle with ovarian cancer. She had been living at L'Ermitage Hotel in Beverly Hills.

The tragic news brought the supercouple back to Los Angeles after their relocation to New Orleans where Brad is shooting his latest film, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button."

TJ

No. 13 Good Grief: Cigarette smoke may not cause Ovarian Cancer but it is the leading cause of lung/mouth/tongue cancer as well as heart disease. What's the difference which cancer it causes...cancer is always horrible no matter what part of the body it attacks. I am surprised that anyone still smokes knowing all the health risks and especially when you have children. It not only sets a very poor example but second hand smoke is as deadly and can cause the children great harm in the long run. I thought they were sensible parents...guess I was wrong. We won't even mention Britney who also smokes and has two little ones...that's for another blog!

maxine

Halleey said:
"Jennifer is doing fine and does not need Brad Pitt. He is probably thinking about the good times he's had with with his ex-wife. When you walk away from your wife/husband guilt rides you for the rest of your life. It does not just go away. You think about the person every day. I think Brad Pitt ponders his actions and wishes he could change the hands of time."
OMG.. TALK ABOUT PROJECTING your own feelings on other people. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He's sitting there thinking about Aniston? He's moved on in a BIG way, three kids in two years, happier than ever, doing stuff he always wanted to do, having a family he always wanted. There is a reason he left Aniston-he didn't love the frigid, self-centered b**. Aniston fans are truly demented.

Shante

Somebody sounds a little scorned.

Both my parent's smoked at one time and I never thought about smoking cigarette's. Cigarette's never appealed to me.

The reason Jennifer Aniston's name was even mentioned is because you guys clearly are making those senseless arguments because Angelina and Brad are together.

Jennifer is pretty lame compared to Angelina, why would Brad want her back? Angelina like's to do different things, she doesn't do everything that most hollywood stars do such as shopping, she tries to set her own trend.

Angelina also has a good heart and she won Brad over. He is obviously very in love with her being that he stopped shooting his film to grieve with AJ. He adopted both of AJ kid's and they created a child together. He shows her great support as well as she shows him support.

Hopefully, JA will find someone that treats her well.

carolynlee

The fact that BP has stood by AJ in her darkest hours is so examplary . She must feel so must gratitude for his love . All of you haters who seem to think that BP rues the day he left JA are really stupid . Why would he want to go backwards ? JA gave him nothing to remember or be proud of . She did not inspire him in the least . He has been quoted a having the opposite impression of AJ . He has opened his eyes to the world and has grown as a human being . Why on earth would he want lconsiderably less ? I think that it is awesome that he loves AJ so much and she him . It's like a real life love story that we are privileged to kind of see it beginning . They are beautiful people inside and outside . I hope and pray that AJ and her family gets past this horrible grief and lives life to the fullest .

fettermeno

This is a blog and we are all entitled to our opinions. In addition, based on our lives, past and present we present our point of views accordinglyl. Nothing wrong with opinions. Its when we get verbally abusive with one another.

Do you all think that Brad Pitt has forgotten about Jennifer Aniston. Why do you think that Anjelina Jolie state in her Vogue interview that she was his best friend. Not only was she his best friend, she was his wife for better of for worse. We do not forget our past. We carry it around every day. Believe it or not.

Yes I am talking based on personal experience. Isn't this how we all form our opinions/views?

I am a Jen fan. And for your infomation I did not even support Jennifer initially but my conscience leads me to be on her side. It is obvious that AJ had to have Brad Pitt by all means. Wake up people.

Such is life.

Shante

Well Brad's in happier place in his life now. The past is the past and will be the past. No need to dwell on it.

omg

Jolie is a good daughter.
She looked after her mother, both financially n emotionally.
Betrand stayed in a top hotel, and did not die in a hospice, alone.

US/STAR Lies

He's outside, sitting in a corner of a balcony, isolated from those inside, considerate of others. He's a longtime smoker, he's quit and started again a couple of times, he's now in the midst of undergoing one of the most stressful life situations anyone can be in. He looks as sad as one can be, as anyone who has posted here would be, sorting out the bits and pieces of the life of a loved one. He' s with his Angelina, giving her his support as he has now done for a couple of years. Peace people peace, give Brad some peace. Save your snide and bitter remarks for another occasion, and hope that you don't find yourself in a similar situation anytime soon.

Sharon

Here it goes again.I am sick of some of you.Still haven't get over the Angeline /Brad & Jen even this 3 had move on with their lives.Her mother had cancer for 7 yrs.You expect Angeline move in with her mother for 7 yrs and don't have a life.Thank God her monther don't think this way.My sister had cancer for 4 yrs .She live far away and it hard to spend time.so we see each other when even we can.She have a family of her own,and I have mine.So don't judge until you are in that person shoes.
How do anyones of you know she don't spent time with her mum.Shut up and before anyone of you judge her ,get the fact.You all don't even know her except from trash magazine which 99% are bullsh*t...

maxine

Halleey be, please, move on and stop dwelling on whatever happened in your life--it will do you a lot of good. Marriages and relationships fall apart all the time and usually because of incompatibilites between the spouses, not because someone gets "stolen" by someone else. People almost never regret moving on either--those who have doubts and still love their spouses stay married and work on it. Brad has demonstrated that he's completely devoted to AJ and the family they have together is the most important thing in his life--he interrupted filming to be with AJ. They share similar goals in life, something he never had with JA.

AnaKatNY

Wow I can not even stomach you people who are bad mouthing and passing judgement. And GREAT DANE it's misleading, manipulative and arrogant to claim these negative comments are just "truthful" and not "heartless" - it's jsut a justification for being nasty & crueln -

I'd like to say I hope all you ( small mided, negative, jealous people) never experience such venomous judgement when you're going through such as hard time - but that would be "untruthful" because i hope you do - b/c that would only be just. BAds karma to you all!!!

Vanessa

Angelina, Brad & family, & James Haven (her brother),

Please do not pay attention to all these haters who are talking sh*t.
They do not know, and are running off at the mouth.

For all of you JA fans; did you ever think Brad wanted more out of life?
All I see JA do is shop, eat, get her hair, nails,done etc....
and walk up and down the beach either with her dog, or BFF Courtney.
I believe that when Brad met Angie, she showed him a whole other world
(literally). I would love to be rich and help people; than to cry over a broken fingernail.

Brad, Angie, & family, & James Haven,
You have my families sincerest condolences. This is going to be a hard road.
The thing that helped me was instead of me wanting my Mom back (which I do); I have to remember how much she suffered in pain.
When you REALLY LOVE SOMEONE, YOU DO NOT WANT THEM TO CONTINUE TO SUFFER. I WASN'T JUST "SAD", I WAS DEVASTATED!!!
DON'T WORRY, YOU WILL GET TO SEE YOUR MOM AGAIN SOMEDAY IN A MUCH BETTER PLACE. I ASSURE YOU.

ANGIE, I'M GLAD YOU HAVE BRAD FOR SUPPORT. WHEN YOU GO THROUGH SOMETHING LIKE THIS, YOU HAVE TO HAVE A VERY STRONG SUPPORT SYSTEM.

OUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY!!!

fettermeno

It is amazing how views and opinions can differ. This topic is a verg good example of how people look at the world and the trials and tribulations that each of us face in our daily lives.

Some of us look at the glass half empty while some of us look at the glass half full

Not everyone likes how this couple conducted their lives and created animosity among others.

Those of your who say to forget the past, please stop. You don't have any right to tell others what to remember and what to forget. Stick to your claim but let others vent all they want. This is a public blog and is meant for adversity and opinions. We all can't agree in harmony all the time. We all react to things that happen in our lives based on our past reaction and knowledge of the world.

Nuff said.

Vanessa

#98...Audrey Rose,

I don't have any respect for you, unleashing your venom on here.
And I seriuosly doubt Angelina could give a damn about you either!!!!
Who told you to be the judge of people. We are talking about a death here;
(Remember?) What the hell do you know about "making up" with Jon Voight?
Were you involved in their father/daughter relationship?
Some relationships are "toxic" and very draining to be around.
It sounds like you are one of those "toxic" people.
You don't even know what was going on in their family, so how can you sit there and type such horrible sh*t???????

Damn, can't Brad Pitt step outside, sit down, and smoke a cigarrette without all of you coming up with wild ass stories!!!!!
Have you ever thought that Angie, Brad & the family are greif stricken????
Have you been greif stricken??? Well guess what Miss Know It All Audrey,
When you are greif stricken, you have a very hard time sleeping;
and then when you do, you might dream of that person.
Don't you think that would tiring??? Believe me it is. Been There.
He is a grown adult who can do what he wants with whomever he wants;
just like the rest of us.

Have you ever thought that "YOU" are the whore?????
If the shoe fits, wear it BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanessa

Bee,

Guess What? Buzz, Buzz, the reason people are on here telling you enough already, is because it doesn't do any good to live in the past.
"If you are driving down the road of life and constantly looking in the rearview
mirror, you will end up in the ditch".

Nuff said