Ryan O'Neal Emerges After Arrest

2/5/2007 4:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ryan O'Neal found time for a bit of housekeeping this morning, despite the legal tumult surrounding a fight with eldest son Griffin and his subsequent arrest on assault charges Saturday.

Lensmen spotted the "Love Story" star bringing trashcans back into the Malibu home where the altercation took place, before heading out to court with other son Redmond O'Neal. Redmond, Ryan's 22-year-old son with Farrah Fawcett, was not involved in the Saturday night fight.

As TMZ first reported yesterday, O'Neal was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and negligent discharge of a weapon. Through his rep, O'Neal said today that he was acting defensively in the incident. Ryan alleges that Griffin swung at him with a fireplace poker and that Griffin missed him and hit his own girlfriend, injuring her.

in the know dont know sh*T

I dont know why this made the headlines but anyways I think there are way better pictures of this at

susie

He needs to grow up!!!

amee

stupid ass drunk... get some help. You life is a friggin soap opera

Patti

You know, dear Ryan is guilty because hes popular and my heart goes out to him. I have a 26 year old daughter that is mean to me, repeating that she wants to hit me in the face. I am not Ryan but a woman that lives in this generation that kids are the ones to be affraid of.

BlondiesNotebook

I don't know what the problem is, but I keep reading about Ryan's fights with, and estrangements from, his kids. I've always thought he was a likeable enough actor, and I have truly enjoyed his movies. However, he seems to have some temper-control issues. Ryan, man, there are other ways in which to deal with family without getting physical. It seems to be loud and clear that you care a lot about your kids. Some members of my family have run me to the brink, but getting physical never solves anything. Get some distance, unravel yourself from their little tirades, but find some way to have peace for yourself and don't let them unnerve you so much. Rise above the physical and walk away. I know that keeping a certain distance is a very tall order, emotionally, when it involves family and when you care a lot, but you need to find some peace. If they want to be around you, they'll behave in your presence. That's the only way. (While I'm at it, "Paper Moon" is the best father-daughter movie EVER.)

amberbrushetteisasleaze

if this guy had any brains he would have never had kids all his kids are screwed up losers cause he raised them. Three kids and they are all druggies. what a loser