The Item Formerly Seen on Prince

2/7/2007 7:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

PrinceWhen you bid on celebrity memorabilia on eBay, with most items, you're taking a leap of faith. Paris might not have signed a copy of her sex tape, and it's highly unlikely Kurt Cobain signed that copy of a newly released Nirvana box set.

With that in mind, today's eBay auction item is the black bandanna allegedly worn by Prince at this year's Super Bowl halftime show. The seller claims to have caught the do-rag of His Royal Purpleness during the performance.

What makes us question the authenticity of the item, besides the lack of photographic evidence of the seller at the Super Bowl, are the frayed pieces of string on it. Prince would never allow such a low quality item on his head. His fashion sense might be be questionable, but his standards are not.

So, all you Prince fans out there, including TMZ's Daniel, check out the auction and see for yourselves.

tt

celeb defense league

Are those shoulder pads?

Amy Silverman

Girlllleeeeeeeeee-=STOP-NO

ROSE

The doo rag was relisted after it already supposidly sold for like over 500 bucks!!! I was watching that doo rag on Ebay and I think it was a fake because when the auction ended it was like 500 or 600 bucks and I dint think nothing of it but then it was listed again like the next day, so you cant tell me they wouldnt sell it for that much or maybe they had 2 of them? lol it has FAKE written all over it!!!!

ROSE

It must have been a FAKE because it was supossidly sold for like 500 or 600 bucks, but then it was relisted at a low start price, I know cuz I was watching it!!! unless they had more than one LOL

no pervs allowed

That's funny, I caught the same one,,,, and i'm dead.

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

his half time show sucked, the person that hired him to do the half time show should be fired,that sh*t sucked

ben

He did throw one into the crowd and the scamble could have caused the frayed ends.

Mad Balls

The halftime rocked . We can't help it you watched on a black and white TV with no sound . Get a life ...Being a Pimp for a white guy who acts like a black chick is no way to make a living ...Although I know you enjoy the free sex .

QueenOfTrashin

This is not real. His do-rag was some gossamer, see-through type of material in the style of a scraf that a woman in the 1950's wore around her neck with her sweater set, not some biker-style thing!!!!!

I Love Nasty Boil

I LOVE "NOT NASTY BOIL" I KNOW THAT'S YOU BABY. YOU AND YOUR DUCKFARTS. DO ME.

Sand In My Crack

And now you too can look like Aunt Jemima!!! Pass the syrup please.

steve

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW HOW MUCH
A PERFORMER IS PAID FOR THE HALF TIME SHOW

I'M CURIOUS.

?????????????????

Hollywood Gossip

I'm going to have to agree that Prince would never wear something frayed with loose strings. Besides, didn't Prince throw it on the stage behind him?

Ur brains is made of Syrup

Pancake Girl, pretty offensive comment.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments