Attorney: "This is beyond comprehension"

2/9/2007 11:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ spoke to Larry Birkhead's attorney Debra Opri, who called this case "such a tragedy" and "beyond her comprehension."
Larry Birkhead and Debra Opri
Opri tells TMZ she is on her way into an emergency court hearing this morning to ask a judge to order Anna Nicole's DNA to be tested. Opri says that as of now, "there is no known biological father at this point in time. Larry has been prevented from giving a DNA sample, Howard K. Stern has refused to give a DNA sample." She says that Anna's mother, Virgie Arthur, is currently the only person who is legally Dannielynn's next of kin. Opri says that Anna's daughter should be given to Anna's mother until this is all sorted out.

As for Larry Birkhead, Opri says he will not be at today's hearing as he is beyond distraught over the death of Anna. Opri says, even with all of the drama between the two, "Anna was the love of Larry's life."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

diane c

I watched this circus today and was so sad to think about that beautiful child having to grow up with a grandmother as evil as she appears to be.I dislike Debra Opri,she is brass and cold. How could she be part of letting this child go to such a sad place. Why don't they just give it up. I do beleave Larry Birkhead is the father. But prove it take the child raise it,take the money but let Anna be buried where her heart is. And never let the evil Grandmother see or touch that child..

anne

If Howard K. Stern is the one in charge of Anna's estate (as stated in her will), and, he is also in charge of Anna's daughter Dannielynn, I can only say this. Heaven help this little girl. By the time she is of age, there won't be any money there for her. Stern will have depleted all the funds for his "greedy" self.

Dottie

That poor baby girl. None of these bastards have that child's best interest at heart. It's all about the money and it's disgusting.

savanna

They can't be serious about giving that baby to her mother? Good Lord, thats almost as scary as leaving her with Howard K. Creepy? As a mother myself, I cannot understand how for ONE minute that woman could go on national tv and blast her dead daughter.. Its disgusting.. I only hope that baby grows up to know her mother did love her..even in her own way..

Yvie

Poor girl, let her rest in peace. No matter what choices she made or didn't make, she was a human being- one that should be respected, especially in the after-life. May you rest in peace, Anna- you're finally with Daniel, again.

Quiet

Totally sensible! Get the baby to the next of Kin, Grandma. At least until both men take the paternity test.

mare

Why won't Mr. Stern give a sample and prove that he is the father. I feel Larry has been fighting for a long time to prove that he is the father.

Anna was on TV stating that she couldn't stand her mom.

I feel so bad for this poor little child. This poor poor child would be better off with strangers call in social services, I really feel that is this baby's best chance.

faby

It's so sad that all this is happening! I believe little Danny should stay with Anna's mom! She is the only real blood relative she has!

DMarie

She's kidding, right? Wasn't Anna abused by her mother? and now Larry's attorney wants his child with that woman?

Whatever

Good idea! Give the baby to Anna's mom. Howard K Stern and that Larry are both idiots. Anna was the love of Larry's life? Oh please! He has done noithing but bash her through the press for the past 6 months!

lynn

I so hate her; she has no one's best interest in mind but her own, she is a leach, a parasitic plague....why would you need the mother's dna now dummy, if you have her next of kin dummy....no respect...

Hayley

I am praying every single day that this baby is returned to the REAL father - LARRY BIRKHEAD!!!! However, it does make sense that Anna's mother take the baby until it's straightened out. I feel so sorry for Larry Birkhead. Howard K. Stern is a pig.

erin

ANNA WOULD NEVER WANT HER MOTHER TO HAVE CUSTODY OF THAT BABY!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL THAT MOTHER WANTS IS MONEY AND TO SPEAK ILL OF HER DEAD DAUGHTER BEFORE SHE IS EVEN COLD IS DISGUSTING!!!! SHAME ON HER

Cindy

I totally agree. Larry would not be interested in being this baby's father-if she were poor. He has fought Anna Nicole in life and will do so now in death so he can benefit from it. I feel so sorry for Anna Nicole. When she lost her son it seemed like she lost herself. Such tragedy. Her Mother is no better. How dare she get on national television not even 24 hours after her daughter's death and say those things. That is why Anna Nicole and her didn't get along. She is a money hungry loser herself. Everyone wanted to benefit off of her fame. Now I hope and pray that she is at peace and with her son again. I still can't believe she is gone.

All American Girl

A good family would adopt this little girl. She deserves a chance to have a good family.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments