Birkhead's Ticket to Paternity

2/13/2007 4:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a traffic ticket Larry Birkhead got while Anna Nicole Smith was pregnant, and it could be powerful proof that he's the daddy.

"I got a call from my pregnant wife, she's sick."

Rewind to April 15, 2006. Sources tell TMZ a pregnant Anna had just gotten into a fight with Howard K. Stern, who was expressing extreme jealousy over the fact that Birkhead was the father of the baby. Sources say Stern gave Anna an ultimatum -- him or me.

We're told an extremely emotional Anna, who was barefoot and four months pregnant, called Birkhead and asked him to meet her in the parking lot of the Sportsmen's Lodge in Studio City, Calif. near her house. A concerned Birkhead jumped in his car and sped over, only to be stopped by a Burbank cop.

The officer who issued the speeding ticket quoted Birkhead -- "I got a call from my pregnant wife, she's sick."

The ticket is significant because Birkhead's statement was a spontaneous reaction to the event and not in the context of a paternity battle. Debra Opri, Birkhead's lawyer, tells TMZ Birkhead referred to Anna as his "girlfriend" but the cop wrote "wife."

susie

Birkhead is the father.. You can only tell by looking at his little girl. The features are there. Howard is a wanna be..

Malteselover

And what exactly does this prove?? That he thought he was all along? Duh!!

Angela

Being his pregnant girlfriend and sick is not proof that Larry is the father. Let's not jump the gun. Let the paternity test prove once and for all who the father really is.

Slight Buzz

I don't believe HKS will go quietly into the night. He has "worked" for years for the big payoff from the Marshall's, he's not going to quit now. This innocent child is his key to early retirement.

shady326

HKS is the modern day Dr. Kevorkian....the only difference is he doesn't charge but he thinks he's coming out a millionaire in the long run.

MT

OHHH PLEASE LET THIS CHILD BE LARRY'S! I HOPE THEY CAN GET HER AWAY FROM THAT CREEPY CREEPY GUY!!!!!

Paul Kline

Please get the DNA done very soon. I don't trust Howard and the lengths he might go too. I don't think he will harm the child, but then again who would have thought five months ago that Daniel would be dead, and 5 months later Anna Nicole? He's got $$ to travel. I would keep a very close eye on him, and I hope someone who has a stake in this is doing just that.

Carol

Proves nothing! I don't think the baby is even his! I think Zza's hubby is the father, but we'll all have to wait and see.

Beth

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT.........Only in AMERICA can this be so..............Nice.....Rock on world, we rule.........

Supa WhiteGurl

Why doesn't social service have this baby in Bahamas custody right now.

I think if Howard is forced to give up Dannilynn once the DNA comes back, that he may harm or even KILL little Dannilynn. There's NO WAY Howard's giving up his meal ticket -- without a GRAND FINALE.

Some, please rescue Dannilynn BEFORE IT'S 2 LATE.

That would be 3 down.

Saddened

It really isn't proof that he is the father however it does show he believed he was the father.The only way we will know who the father is trough the DNA. And that could take years maybe because of our court systems.

the wise old owl

JUST ANOTHER PIECE TO THE PUZZLE. When you put all of them together.........it shows that he was lead to believe all along HE WAS THE FATHER. There is a paper trail a mile long substanciating Larry's claim to paternity.

Granted it doesn't PROVE IT........but it certainly shows he has been earnest about his claims. The results of DNA will be the clincher. GO Larry Go........get your baby. You're the only one that has shown any " sincere " motives since this whole tradgedy surfaced. Dannilynn is lucky to have you.

Hayley

When is Kitson going to make TEAM LARRY and TEAM HOWARD t-shirts! I will totally buy the TEAM LARRY!!! Go Larry! Get your baby away from murderer Stern before it's too late!!!!

allofuaholes

it's obvious that all of you do NOT understand what the impact of that little stupid ticket can make in a court of law. It might be insignificant or it can do some major damage!

Dana

I don't care whose kid it really is, I dont think Howard should get it. He gave Anna's son methadone (regardless of giving it to him, he knew about it). If an adult is not responsibile to know whether it is okay or not okay to give someone methadone, then why on earth should they be given another child ? Seriously.