Kim: Eminem Pushed Me to Attempt Suicide

2/15/2007 12:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comKim Mathers, twice divorced from Eminem, admits that his treatment of her led to a suicide attempt.

After going to one of her husband's concerts, Mathers was shocked to see Eminem's public display of hatred toward her and the audience's positive response to it. "He was singing a song that was about me and he had a blow-up doll up on stage that looked like me and he was physically beating it and kicking it," says Kim, "Seeing the crowd response and everybody cheering, singing the words and laughing ... I knew that it was about me, and that night I went home and I tried to commit suicide."

Despite the couple's very public fighting, and even after the alleged suicide attempt, Kim agreed to marry Eminem a second time in January 2006 -- six years after they first divorced. Mathers says Marshall left 41 days later. Her explanation for his misogynistic attitude: Eminem's mother. Is it always the mother-in-law's fault?

Kim's full interview airs tomorrow on "The Dr. Keith Ablow" show.

sk8rgurl

Poor victimized Kim..... at least Em (or Marshall, or Slim, take your pick) had enough class not to fire back at her ridiculous television interview. She's freakin pathetic. The only good thing I saw out of all of that was her actually having to admit that he is an awesome father.

KEDRIA

THERE IS NO DENYING EM IS A GREAT FATHER, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO HIS CHOICE FOR A WIFE HE SEEM TO GET IT WRONG. FOR SOME REASON KIM MAKES HIM SICK AND BRING OUT SOME OF THE BAD IN HIM. YOU CAN STILL BE A GREAT DAD EM JUST LEAVE THE CRACK-UP BITCH ALONE. ALL YOU TO DO IS HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT FOR HER, BECAUSE SHE IS THE MOTHER OF YOUR CHILD. I'M A FAN AND CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO COME OUT WITH A NEW ALBUM. JUST SAY NO TO A 3RD TRY. AND I'M ONE OF THE FANS WHO BELIEVE YOU HAD A RELATIONSHIP WITH M.C. DID YOU DUMP HER FOR KIM? IT'S MUST HAVE HURT HER ALOT, BECAUSE THAT LAST ALBUM WAS ALL ABOUT YOU. DON'T GET ME WRONG IS WAS HER BEST ALBUM EVER, BUT EVERYONE KNOWS ALOT OF HER SONGS WAS ABOUT YOU AND HER RELATIONSHIP

elynei

I will forever lift Eminem in my prayers because i believe the women in his life starting from his mum made his life very difficult and always drugged him down. I love him because he did not repeat the bad things to his kid hailey and his other two adopted coz he has a good heart.That's why he's such a good Dad and God did not forget him so he gave him this talent ensuring that he is the best rapper in the world. Imagine what we would have missed if he had continued with his sucide attetmp. Who would've rapped for us?
This man deserves only the best and God bless him.As for his bitchy ex he should forget her seeing as it is that he really tried to make it with her and did not have women on the side like she did(sleeping all over with men).

May he concentrate on his music career and his kids forget abt women coz they will only fuck him up some more. His Daughters are all he needs. BRAVO EMINEM

buggaboo

Thats entertainment bitch get over it.

Vain

Boo hoo...

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

So why does she keep re-marrying him?

say what!!!

IF HE WAS GOOD TO YOU--- HE MUST BEEN GOOD FOR YOU---- THE MONEY DRY UP NOW YOU WAS TO DISS HIM . COME ON NOW!!!! TRUTH IS YOU WANT HIS FAME SOOOOOOOOOOORY!!!!

WTF

She's an idiot.

amy

THis is how he makes most of his money. Putting down his mother, her, celebs, etc. His fans like this from him. She profitted from this when they were together, did she care when he was putting her down then?? Nope. Shes just trying to be a media whore and get money. I doubt that theres anything she can do thats gonna change him. He seems too head-strong, "Its my way" to me.

Sad part, she'd probally take him back if he asked today.

SUN

What a joke!

I live in MI. and was born in Detroit. I know where Kim and Marshall both came from. Our local radio stations follow his personal life all the time. I can tell you that he is highly regarded here. Kim, is known as a cocaine whore.

Marshall, does have issues with his drug-addict mother who sole her own son out. He loves his little girl more then life and is always doing things for her and KIMS niece, and Kims baby by another man. That bitch has never taken full responsibility for her child or niece. She was always out in the streets partying. Marshall loved her, but had finally had enough.

Yes- that concert incedent did happen, but at that time she was coked-out and not taking care of her child and running the streets with other men.

Marshall may have some issues, but I can assure you, he is a great dad. I am glad he got away from his drug-addict mother and Kim for she is no better.
That man tried and tried to make it work with her. She was too busy spending his money on drugs and men.

You can try to pretend to the rest of the country that he was the bad guy, but in his home state we ALL know different. What looking for fame and money now that he has finally kicked you out of his life? Has your money-train gone dry?

oh brother

wow this woman's face is kinda like abnormal, elephant man-esq. From the cheek bone aaall the way down to her lips seem to be alot of space. kinda long area. She reminds me alot of Carrie. They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you!! They're all gonna laugh at you!!!

Brit sucks

Boo f***ing hoo!

HOW MANY TIMES CAN I SAY THIS

I can't believe they're getting re-married AGAIN. at what point does someone say "hey, maybe this is going to really f*ck Hailie up, especially now that she's old enough to understand what divorce is?"
i hope that's not true, but it's been posted a lot of places - Em might be a good dad, but kids need stability and a solid home so they can relax and grow up without worrying if Mommy & Daddy are married this week or not.

my opinion

I am so tired of the Professional Victims that milk someone for every penny and then squeal "poor pitiful me". Grow a backbone and act like a responsible adult woman/mother.

craphound

Poor kimmie , LOL coke whore ! , this woman is highley manipulative , and not to be trusted . Anyone who beleve's this excuse for a mother is a fool .She is now playing the victim , and will continue to , to anyone who will listen to her . She is a drug addict and will say anything to get her fix . I wonder what she realy looks like without all the lighting and makeup , hattered no doubt ! . She had it all with Marshall and blew it , she dosent have the capasity to understand his stage persona is just that and provides a affluent lifestyle . What a stupid ass . Have a nice day

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments