Sweet Oscar Swag

2/18/2007 2:01 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

With Oscar night just around the corner, there's only one other thing on the minds of nominees -- the swanky swag they're gonna nab on awards night! Win or lose, the evening will be sweetened by a plush one of a kind leather duffel bag from designer Gina Alexander.
Swag bag
Alexander, famous for putting the stars' faces on the bags they carry, was commisioned to create the swanky bag for the nominees -- and it's emblazoned with images from the most memorable movies of the year.

The sack retails for a colossal $2500! Whatever the Oscar outcome, this is still a nice prize.

Matthew

That bag looks ridiculous (as in ugly)

Mary Worth

How appropriate! As silly as the oscars!

domo

Didn't Bob Hope carry his testicles in that thing?

Kevin Keckeisen

Celebrities, remember: PAY YOUR TAXES on this item!!!!!!!!! This *IS* considered a source of taxable income and you *MUST* declare it! Let's not have any of last year's gaffs.

I'm sure Elton John will rest easy that his design has (((not))) caused any complications.

wink

Walmart has the Oscar bags for 4.95 and thats high !

Angie Nakamoto

That bag rocks!!! I went on the www.ginaalexander.com site
and saw that each bag helps abused children. And that Oprah has 5 bags of her own with pictures of her cute pups...

GabeNY

Wow, an ugly bag with pictures all over it. But it is big enough to smuggle popcorn and candy into the movies at least. Ifthis was at walmart we would all be making fun of how tacky fugly it is. Amazing what passes for taste in Hollywood.

Big Mac

The bag is tacky looking.

The article also states that Alexander is "famous for putting the stars' faces on the bags they carry." THAT is tacky too.

Autymn-Rose

All the money that is wasted in Hollywood on stars while there are children dying of starvation and our soldiers are dying fighting someones elses war because the government (who sends them over to fight) is finacially strapped is appalling!!!

Jennifer

Only a dumbass would pay that much for it!!!!!

Lenn K

Another award show for the self-centered Hollyweird types. Stop patting yourselves on the back soooooooooo much!

Captain Cork

Why it would retail for more than a decent collagen injection is beyond my reason. It's anti-glamour in one of the globe's more glamorous events. I hope that was the point? Tinseltown's decisioning logic carries no comparison. And neither does this bag...

Jackie

Ugly bag. Shows you what a bunch of freeloaders celebrities are.

Anonymous 4

Obviously the stars get this tacky bag for free right? Now the question is who in their right mind would ever consider shelling out money for this f*ugly bag?!!!! Oh yeah like I really can imagine Eddie Murphy or Leonardo DiCaprio giving this crap bag to their girlfriend!

Judy

Oh my gosh!!!!! You should see the GIna Alexander line....www.ginaalexander.com I have her bags with my kids pictures on it and I get stopped all the time from people on the street. While I may not want a bag with a celebrity's face on it, I sure love carrying my baby's picture on my bag...go check it out!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments