Nicole Richie

Pleads Not Guilty

2/20/2007 4:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole RichieNicole Richie has pleaded not guilty to driving under the influence.

Richie was arrested on December 11 on suspicion of driving under the influence, when she was stopped for going the wrong way on the 134 Freeway in Burbank.

As Nicole was not present in court today, her attorney entered her plea. A pretrial hearing has been set for April 2.

Cat

PRETTY HARD TO BE NOT GUILTY WHEN SHE ADMITTED TO COPS THAT SHE HAD BEEN TAKING VICODIN AND SMOKING POT.

MAYBE SHE WASN'T THERE CAUSE SHE WITH BRITNEY IN REHAB HA! HA!

Rick

I had a similar situation (not DUI), but got into an accident while I did'nt have my license on me at the time. I wanted to plead Guilty, because I did not have my license with me...ok so my Lawyer told me to plead not guilty. I had a problem with this because I felt guilty, and wanted to make restitution for my stupidity. Why when we all know that Nicole was on Pot and Vicodin (she admitted it) has she pleaded Not Guilty? It seems to me that you can go into a court room tell the truth and some other lawyers make up what happened. One lawyer said I was drinking (proved him wrong, as I don't drink and never have) I did a breath test which proved I was not drinking. I finally told the judge I was guilty and wanted to make restitution for my actions and told him I did not know why my laywer wanted me to plead NOT GUILTY. The jude loved my integrity and honesty that he let me plea bargain and stated that I was rare as most people come in and try to get off. I paid my fine made restitution and everything is fine now. I just hope that Nicole, learned from her mistakes and does like me...Be honest and admit your guilt.

amy

Im with #1. How can you plead not guilty when you admit to it, and are videotaped at the scene??

Brit sucks

She's still on the drugs.

What a..

I hope they string this little twiggy brat up by her short and curlies and send her to rot in a jail cell for a while.

I'm not a saint by any means but the courts need to stiffen up on these drug addict celebs out driving under the influence.

THROW THE BOOK AT HER!

nicole

SHE IS SUCH SCUM. Thinks because she is a celeb she can get away with anything. PIG.

nyc

Can't wait for her to go to jail.

jim

this spoiled skinny little bitch better get jail time

Whammer Jammer

#6: She WILL get away with because she is a celebrity. Why she is a celebrity, I don't know, because she doesn't do a damn thing, but she is famous, and everyone knows that celebrities are above the law. She will get off, she won't even get probation. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

jim

Throw that skinny spoiled brat in teh slammer where she belongs!!

U.S.C.

She made a mistake but I think this is more than a mistake. It is a cry for help. Lionel, intervention time???

banana grl

i think richie has problems, but that not hr fault. it is hr fault though that she doesnt goto rehab for her problems. but i guess she was having a bad day

Marsha

CLEARLY, she's...oh I don't know - GUILTY. They videotaped her damnit!

What a dumb ass.

Hater

Nicole is so cute and cuddly. So angelic, the sexy skin color, that hair over one eye look and if you have to have a mug shot hers is just adorable.

Now had this been anything serious or if someone had gotten hurt then things would be different. However taking a wrong turn on an exit ramp then getting off almost immediately once you realized your mistake, is really not worth all the publicity that this little traffic incident has been getting.

Time to let it go and move on people.

Catherine

As I said about another young celebrity:
She is a young woman, who is probably tormented by some choices and lost loves and is not sure how to handle the situations. Accepting that you
screwed up is the first step to fixing your life. Then you just
start rebuilding, knowing that as you work on one area, there might
be other areas that are still out of control. That is why we are told to take things one step at a time and give ourselves a break. Nothing happens in the flick of a second, or a day, or a week. It's a process. We are human, after all. I would love for each of you who toss your stones to imagine your worst moment, in print, for the world to see. Can you see it?
smiles, Catherine aka PollyAnna