"Lost" Diary -- Stranger in a Strange Land

2/22/2007 3:31 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Hey, it's Daniel from TMZ here, back with another edition of the "Lost" Diary. After last week's epic episode, I am psyched for this week. "Lost" is back (back, meaning good again) and I couldn't be happier.

There were some unbelievably great comments last week. Some notes on a few of them:

-- A ton of you said that you thought of me immediately when you heard about Charlie's impending death. OK, so not only do I obsess over the potential death of a fictional television character, but now even total strangers I have never met know it too.

-- Most of you agree Charlie should die, but it seems the second most disliked character is Kate. She has gotten pretty annoying and all she's good for is being held at gunpoint.

For all you "Lost" Diary newbies, here's how it goes. I gather with a group of friends watching "Lost," writing what happens on the show as it happens, and throwing in my two cents along the way. This week the usual crew of Ari, Lauren and Matt is back together -- kinda like Van Halen reuniting, only none of us play any instruments. Let's roll:

10:00
-- Kate wants Sawyer to turn the boat around to go back and rescue Jack (predictable) while Karl is babbling incoherently about God and Jacob. When was the last time Kate said something where she wasn't whining?

10:01 -- Jack thinks the Others plan on killing him now, and he's got every reason to think so. But Henry Gale did promise to send him "home," which I think we all know isn't happening. My prediction: the Others start to send him home, only Locke and Sayid and the rest of them "rescue" him and ruin it. Just a thought.

10:02 -- "Hey." -- Juliet. Things don't look so good for her.

10:06 -- And it's Jack flashback time. Prepare for either daddy issues or dumped by his wife issues.

10:07 -- Or hot Asian woman on the beach issues.

10:08 -- Jack's in Sawyer's cage and apparently the Others have a "sheriff."

10:10 -- Kate and Sawyer are having some post-coital problems, and Karl is kinda creeping me out. But he is full of info, so there's that.

10:12 -- Juliet is trying to get Jack to help Ben as a "personal favor" to her. Other than the fact she's hot, why would we do her a favor? Jack, remember, she's evil.

10:18 -- Oh look, Jack brought up his dad. Didn't see that coming.

10:19 -- "I have a gift." -- Achara. I'm sure that won't come up later.

10:20 -- Isabelle wants to ask Jack a few questions. First impression: she's kind of creepy, but only kind of.

10:21 -- Apparently, Isabelle is "investigating" whether or not Juliet tried to get Jack to kill Henry. I half expected to hear the "Law & Order" sound. What are the odds Jack lies to save Juliet? I am going 80/20 that he does.

10:22 -- What a sap.

10:23 -- Not sure what I think about this Isabelle. Feels like they are trying to force another creepy character on us. The rest of the room thinks she's a transvestite; a tad harsh, I think. What happened to Ms. Klugh?

10:26 -- Well at least Jack scored with Achara. There is a dirty joke here to be made about her "gift," but I'm gonna be the adult here and let it go.

10:28 -- Hey it's Cindy from the back of the plane and she's "there to watch." That doesn't sound good. Oh Cindy, Ana Lucia's dead and she was a bitch, too. Sorry to break it to you.

10:30 -- Karl ran away to hide in the woods and cry and has never heard of "The Brady Bunch." Except for the episode in Hawaii with Vincent Price and the tiki, I wish I had never heard of it either. Lauren wonders why they aren't questioning Karl more. Fair point.

10:32 -- Gotta admit, I am bored as hell. The room is restless and throwing out four-letter words.

10:33 -- Apparently, Alex has daddy issues too. She and Jack will have a lot to talk about.

10:34 -- And Jack wants out of his cage. Maybe now something will actually happen.

10:39 -- "The cavalry has arrived at last." -- Henry Gale. If this were a cheezy 90s sitcom, the studio audience would applaud Henry's first appearance -- it's long overdue.

10:40 -- So Ethan was a surgeon. He kinda looked more like he worked at UPS.

10:41 -- So Jack is going to save Ben to save Juliet. Can a man be (another word for a small cat)-whipped if they haven't even had sex? Grow a pair Jack!

10:42 -- By the way, part of me thinks Jack is lying about the infection just to save Juliet.. Only, again, I don't think he has the cajones.

10:43 -- "My work is not decoration, it is definition." -- Achara. Bit of a letdown on the whole "gift" thing. I wish it had been something dirty.

10:45
-- I think Jack just committed reverse tattoo rape. Never thought I'd coin that phrase.

10:46 -- "He has, however, ordered her to be marked." -- Isabelle. Like a tattoo? Like "The Scarlett Letter"? What kind of mark are we talking about here?

10:50
-- Three things about Jack's beating: 1) His tattoo wasn't complete. 2) Reverse tattoo rape has its consequences. 3) I really thought one of the guys was going to say, "Welcome to Thailand, bitch!" R.I.P. "The O.C."

10:51 -- I was kind of expecting Juliet's "mark" to be like Jack's tattoo, not a branding.

10:54 -- Juliet says they're leaving the island and taking Jack back to where they live. We saw their little village when the plane crashed, so "where they live" shouldn't be a huge surprise. But so many people have mentioned it during the episode, I kinda think it will be.

10:55 -- Sawyer thinks Kate threw him a "I thought you were going to die" lay, and she doesn't appear to be denying it. That's gotta hurt.

10:56 -- So Jack's tattoo says, "He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us." Jack says, "That's what they say, but that's not what they mean." Thanks, Yoda.

10:57 -- Nothing is really happening.

10:58 -- Still nothing.

10:59 -- Huh?

Normally I now do a "What did we learn this week?" But I am too angry for that. What the hell was that? On the heels of one of the best episodes ever, we get a complete and utter waste of an hour. Just a severe, other level disappointment.

According to the promos, we were supposed to get three mysteries solved, but I only counted two: what Jack's tattoo means (like anyone really cared about that!), and why no one watches "Lost" anymore. I can't defend this episode, so I am just going to stop writing about it. Tomorrow's "O.C." finale better be good, or else I will really lose it.

This is the spot where I usually throw out a question to try and spark comments, but it seems futile this week, since every comment will probably be about how much this episode sucked. But if you can come up with anything good that came out of this week, I'd LOVE to hear it. Seriously, anything at all.

(Deep breath ... Come on Daniel, it's just a television show.)

Sorry, normally I am not this negative. So let's try this again. Here is my question to you: If you could pick one word to describe your reaction to tonight's episode, what would it be?

See you next week.

Ro

As mentioned on the Kevin & Bean morning show, I to believe the writers have written themselves into a corner and are desperately trying to get themselves out of it!

Stop introducing new characters already and work on the ones back on the other island! I’m SOOOO done with the others already!

Oh and yes, Charlie must die.

neonwestgirl

Boring...boring...boring...

And can someone please tell me why Jack and Kate didn't ask the kid all the questions that needed to be asked?? Soooo out of character for both of them.
They are both normally very streetsmart...and now Sawyer is suddenly Dear Abby by the fire???
ugh.
they need to kick butt like last weeks episode...and fast

TheseDays

Whew, I thought I was the only one that can't take stick-ur-head-down-a-toilet Kate. Maybe she'll end up pregnant and the baby ends up with those uncivilized others. > Interesting.....we now have a sheriff. > Cindy the stewardess?? Glad somebody remembered who she was. > Bai-Ling.....instead of intensity for the scene w/her and Jack, all I could see were her hard/plastic tits, getting beard burn and disease. He must have been hard up and she's straight up skankified. > Two moments of raised eyebrows for me: don't trust Juliet becuz she's one of them??? and Vincent the dog is returning.

Kdubya

Too bad Desmond didnt really decide to throw down life and become a totally blazing man whore and party until the day he meets up with Libby and get the cash for the boat then treck his half wasted bum out to the island and be americas hero.

Yea living with that memory has gotta suck!

Alexandra

I can't take it anymore. It's so bad and so stupid. How many people can they put on a tiny island? Give me a break. And everytime Jack is asking a question they can't f**king answer. "Its complicated, Jack" or "It's not that simple, Jack". Now that's really pissing me off. Just answer the question.
I just can't watch it anymore. Nothing makes sense. They are definately some jackass writers. - Losers

Anne

One word? Huh? I was confused, this is not unusual at the end of any LOST episode. I had never wondered where the tatoos came from in the first place, but ok thats a question answered for some people out there. The kids and flight attendant are alive, #2 question answered. Kate slept with Sawyer because she thought he was going to die, another question some people might have had. These are not my questions, but I guess the writers thought people wanted to know this stuff. or they just plain lied to get ya to watch. Lots of people have lots of different questions about the show, the writers have certainly given more questions than answers which is why we keep going back. You can't please everyone every week.

Heres my big question this week, where are Jack and Juliet going? To the "home island"? or somewhere else? we only saw the two of them on the boat in the end. Why put dying Henry/Ben in a dingy and the two of them in a power boat to get to the same place? Maybe I missed something in between but that really confuses me.
Now to all of you out there who sound so angry. Its supposed to be entertaining, you know fun. If your this upset stop watching before you give yourself a heart attack or something. Find something else to watch or do.

Kylin

Did someone say THE OC? Im siked. So this episode was rather boring. I saw no point in it and there was nothing perplexing about it. Usually im online trying to figure out what actually happened and went it meant or symbolized!! But there was nothing.

Man...I can believe The OC has come to an end.

curious

I was wondering if anyone remebers the beginning of the episode that was Julie's flashback (two episodes ago)... at the beginning of the show, before the "lost" sign comes on, she is walking down the hall and says hello to Ethan, and then goes into a room where she injects her sister with a needle. She opens the curtain and there is ocean and she says something about being in Miami. This stuck wtih me b/c I wondered why Ethan was there since later in the episode, she meets Ethan for the first time???

Deb

I am so sick of Jack & Kate. Let Sayid torture them....

Veronica

complete waste of time (sorry... that was more than one word)

nea

so....do you remember charlies episode with the piano and the saints in the water? add some constipation and you have last nights episode. bai ling added for some fun semi clothed flavor, but incredibly boring none the less. so what did we learn?? jack's tattoo has meaningless words. and juliet totally eye f**ked him enough to lie and save her life. thats about it...dreadful.

TC

All I need to say is that Jack looked YUMMY all sweaty with the tattoo artist. No, the episode wasn't the best. My favorite awful part was when the little girl asked for Anna Lucia, and how Cindy was so friendly and looked surprised at Jack's response to her...strange.
I too am aggrivated by all the friggen commercial breaks! If you're going to give us tons of new episodes, great! But get rid of the commercials! Every other sentence was a commercial! I can't stand it.

John

Sawyer used to be cool. Now he just seems annoying and whiney. Maybe Jack is rubbing off on him.

Also if Ethan was their only doctor, Why the hell would you send him out of all the freakin other people in the group to go spy on castaways???

What a letdown.

melo

dire.

Jo

Hey Lost Diary - thank you so much! I watched the show tonight and I knew, since I'd be reading your recap that I didn't have to sit through the Bai Ling crap. OMG so painful. I ff'd through most of it because she annoyed me and Jack's starting to annoy me too, so please let me know if anything happened in Thailand that I need to know. Thanks also for letting me ff through the Kate scenes b/c she is annoying me too. I figure I only wasted like 20-25 minutes of my life tonight. Thanks!

So sad though. Is this it for the show?