P. Diddy

Investigated for

Assault & Battery

2/27/2007 9:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0227_diddy_ex-1TMZ has learned Sean "P. Diddy" Combs is being investigated by the Los Angeles Police Department for allegedly attacking a man at a Hollywood Oscar party.

Gerard Rechnitzer was at a post-Oscar bash Sunday night with his fiancee at Teddy's at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood. At around 2 AM Monday morning, the 27-year-old Rechnitzer was on his way to the parking lot when he made a pit stop in the bathroom. When he walked out, he noticed his fiancee was surrounded by six men, including Combs. We're told the 5'7", 140 lb. Rechnitzer watched as Combs chatted up his girl for about five minutes, and then asked his fiancee to leave with him.

At that point, Combs allegedly told the woman he was having a party and invited her to come. Rechnitzer persisted and asked his fiancee again to leave with him. Combs then allegedly socked Rechnitzer in the jaw.

Rechnitzer, a real estate broker, called 911. The LAPD came out and took a report, but Combs had left before the cops arrived. An ambulance came but Rechnitzer declined treatment.

We're told the LAPD contacted Rechnitzer yesterday, and as many as five witnesses who observed the incident.

B

Funny how when a any non-white person commits a crime and acts in boorish manner, so many other non-white people throw in the race card, insult white people and accuse the white race of ....... racism. Where does it say that non-white people are allowed to commit acts of violence? If you want to play the race card and insult us, explain this. Sean only beats up people smaller than himself. He always has huge bodyguards around him, in case he actually does start to lose a fight. He didn't even have the balls to take responsibility to wait for the police but instead ran off like a coward. If you want to play the race card, then play it for both sides. You want to accuse this white gentleman of being a chicken? You want to make racist insults against whites? How would you feel if racist comments were made towards you and your race or color? If you want to play the race card then what does Sean represent to the African-American? Beats up a little white guy after hitting on his fiance then runs like a coward before the police show up? If you want to play the race card then it's sad to say, Sean is a very poor representation of all African-Americans.

Fact is, it has little to do with race, save for the fact through this media forum. Fact is, Sean always has been and always will be a bully. He'll assault anyone of any color. He's done it fbefore in the past. He knows he can't truly fight. He knows he's not tough. That's why he has all those bodyguards. He's a poser. A poser who has made a lot of money by pretending to be someone he's not.

I would also recommend that Mr. Rechnitzer dump his so-called fiance. Any woman who would ignore you to and prefer to be hit on by another man isn't worth keeping. Look at it this way. She's willing to throw a whole life away with you for a weekend at Sean Combs house. Shows you exactly where her morals lie. The idea of getting married means very little to her. He's a real estate broker and successful enough to make it into one of these parties. He probably just saved himself a divorce bill and was one of the few lucky men out there who actually discovered what his fiance was really like before the marriage. Count yourself lucky.

Sean should be arrested, just like any other guy who commits such acts, regardless of his color, or financial stature. You hit someone, show some courage and turn yourself in. Take responsibility for your actions.

Gerard should press charges, but don't necessarily sue for a ton of money. That would only hurt his case and his own image. Have Sean charged with assault and fleeing the scene. That's it. Leave it at that.

Stop throwing around the race card to justify his actions. He's a bully, plain and simple. He's a coward. Plain and simple. Please remember that the race card is like a double-edged sword. When you use it to attack others, it also is used against you. From what I've been reading about those who have been using this as a race issue, they seem to fail to realize this also makes African-Americans look bad to everone else. By your own words, you're actually telling everyone that African-Americans can justify their own actions based on race alone.

Mr. Wolf

So automatically, the white man says it, so it must be the truth. The article failed to have Mr. Reichstag's ho confirm his story. What's up with that? The story stinks to high heaven and it appears by the many postings here that the white man still hasn't gotten over the OJ verdict yet. Now let me get back to smoking dope, making babies and watching the soap operas. AND GUESS WHAT WHITE MAN, YOU'RE FOOTING MY BILL.

Sincerly
Pimpalicious

A Man Who Knows!

That's just disgusting......you have your lady at home with your babies and your out embarrassing yourself and your family by being a raging horndog. I hope she marries your ass and takes all your money then finds herself a real man that's grown for her babies to call daddy. Your a punk ass bitch diddy!

MJwemissya

TMZ posting is full BULLSH*T! My friends & I put several comments up here from 3 different computers in different homes & none of our comments showed up but comments VERY similiar to our is beiing posted not long after. I think TMZ posts some of their own comments & wording it their way...or prefer trashy outspoken & racist ones more so to logical ones. No more TMZ for us!

B

I've now had time read over all those racist comments before my thread at #97. I've never seen such hypocrisy. I've never seen so many African-Americans spout out so much racism against the white race. You're actually proving my point for me. I don't have to do any more threads on this. Every spout of anger about race will only prove my point, and you're actually the ones proving it with every word you say. Thank you very much. Keep up the good work.

knobbie

hey wolf-boy, you said: AND GUESS WHAT WHITE MAN, YOU'RE FOOTING MY BILL.

So what else is new after 150 years??? ROFL

B

To prettyx2 and Mr. Wolf,

I wanted to extend a thank you to both of you. I think you're doing a wonderful job. You're proving my point for me. Luckily you lack the intelligence to even realize it.

B

Hiram

#89

You made the comment that 99% of black people are on welfare. How silly can you be? What's the percent of trailer park crackers on welfare? And since you know everything, what's the percent of white people smoking Cyrstal Meth?

Theresa

YAWN..................................Oh, big surprise........................all the black people want to defend any black celebrity that is accused of a crime...............wow, that's new. NOT!!!! Blah, blah, blah.......................................keep it up. You blacks wonder why we have the race problems we have today. Go find something to do like get a job, yo.

B

Again, thanks Mr. Wolf. You're proving my point again. At no time did I make any racist comments. I only provided a point of view that you shouldn't play the race card all the time. You're obvious racist remarks are proving my point for me. You're doing all the work now. You're a racist. Your anger towards white people is very clear. You have some serious anger issues that I feel you need to deal with. But keep making your racist comments. The more you talk, the more you prove my point.

B

Theresa

Mr. Wolf = angry black man

B

Mr. Wolf,

By responding to Oldfart you're playing into his game. Oldfart is either a clear racist or he's a jerk who knows how to push buttons. I don't like racism of any sort. I also don't like people finding excuses for bad behaviour. Race, gender, religion is never an excuse for acting bad. You're letting oldfart get to you. Racist remarks like his have no place here. I will acknowledge that there have also been racist remarks in this forum against African-Americans. I don't respond to them. That's what they want. You've singled me out for some reason. Again, I feel you have some anger issues and I believe that "oldfart" knows this and knows how to get you even angrier. He's not worth it.

Theresa

Mr. Wolf, don't you have a black panthers meeting to attend? Tell Al Sharpton all us white folks said "hi".

Shag

Jeez, and I thought "Punkdaddy" had grown up. Looks like he might be up to his childish punkassed ways. Be good if he could do a little time with some real gangsters, down at Parker Center.

Mr. Wolf

B, I let no one manipulate me. I'm having fun with Oldfart. He's not an overt racist, he's a latent racist. Most of us are.