Joel Madden

Accused of Battering a Woman

3/6/2007 5:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that the Beverly Hills Police Department is investigating rocker Joel Madden, after a female photographer filed a "crime report" claiming he attacked her during a violent confrontation Sunday night.

According to police sources, the woman claimed Madden struck her on the left breast "with the heel of his hand" as the rocker tried to escort his girlfriend, Nicole Richie, out of the back door of Mr. Chow restaurant in Beverly Hills. The photographer told TMZ that she has a welt to prove it, and had to see a doctor for treatment.

Madden can be seen throwing a forceful, open-handed stiff-arm into the chest of another paparazzo, moments after the alleged incident.

Police reps also tell TMZ that they take every claim seriously, and a crime report was taken on this incident.

A rep for Madden had no comment.

Gadzooks!

I dont agree with him shoving a woman out of the way...but that is all he did. If you look at the clip TMZ posted either yesterday, or the other day, he does not push this woman hard enough to leave a mark. I think if anyone should be complaining it should be the guy he shoved...which was hard enough to leave a mark. The woman he just pretty much moved out of the way. For everyone who says the stars know what they are getting into with the press... you are right... but who says that the paparazzi has any right to be in someone's face when they are walking out of a restaurant. I think there should be rules for both...the paparazzi egg the stars on to get them in these situations... and the stars allow them.

CANDALILLY

OH MY GOSH I COULDN'T HANDLE THE PAPA-NAZIS. YOU CAN CLEARLY HEAR JOEL WARNING, TELLING THEM TO GET OUT OF HIS WAY. CAN'T THEY GET THEIR SHOTS IN A MORE CIVIL WAY, IT'S CLEARLY PROVOKING OF THEM.
THEY TREAT CELEBRITIES LIKE THEIR ANIMALS BACKING THEM IN A CORNER AND EXPECTING THEM NOT TO ACT OUT. YOU GOTTA SURVIVE, RIGHT?
BIG BABY "HE HURT MY TA TAS WITH THE PALM OF HIS HAND" PFFFFT!!!!!!!

Barb

Photographers are always looking for the top dollar pic. I think any photographer THAT close to a celeb. deserves to get smacked. When I think of "battering a woman" , what Madden did definitely does not fit the standard. Seems none of the paparazzi learned from Princess Diana's death. There's NO pic. I want to see THAT bad that I'm willing to see someone hurt or killed over it. Too bad these lousy rag mags pay top dollar for them.

katie

Woman, get a fucking life.
He barely touched her. He was just trying to walk through. Someone clearly wants to get some money out of this.

Anonymoose

So he hit her in the breast, biggg deal.

This woman just wants his money.

Too much!

If the photogs want to stalk these people and invade their space, they should be ready for whatever comes their way. She is just hoping to get paid with her lame accusation. They can run celebs down in their cars, putting them in REAL danger, but then want to cry and file a lawsuit...Give me a break!!

Meatetarian

Get out of the way, leech bitch.
Someone is just trying to get paid it looks like! Apparently, all you have to do is block a
celebreity, get them to bump into you, and then sue!

richard

These Photographers should have no rights what so ever. I would have slapped that bitch too. You can't shove cameras inches from someones face and expect them not to react.

Melissa

Punk needs to get his ass kicked.

Rachael

Did anyone actually watch the video? He barely nudged the lady who claims he man-handled here. I've been given a good shove before, and that was no shove (the person who shoved me, got decked...).

He shoved the male photog, but that guy was blocking their door. How else do you quickly get into a car, when someone is obviously trying to stall you?

I agree - these people are attention starved. However, on occasion I need to "move" someone or "nudge" them when they are being rude and in the way.

moira

He hardly touched her. Another one wanting money and attention. He asked them to move and they wouldn't

American Citizen

THATS WHAT THE STUPID Bi@@h deserved anyways.....lol.

How can celebrity paparazzi live with themselves having such loser ass jobs. Please go to school, college, university and graduate to make something of yourself. ANOTHER BUM ON THE STREET TRYING TO MAKE MONEY HOWEVER SHE CAN....I BET SHE WAS A HOOKER OR STRIPPER BEFORE SHE BECAME A PAPARAZZI....

chalkoutline

Damn, someone finally gets Nicole to eat and look what happens!

Heidi

What exactly did she file a police report about? She blocked his way to the car & was moved back a bit .... what a joke! And she does this for a living? Somebody needs to get real!

Jason

Violent confrontation? The way this chick is making it sound is that he went ape s%^T and shoved her around. I see people getting moved like that in clubs and crowded bars all the time. And for the guy he really shoved, next time that guy wont get so near a car door. I bet the cops looked at the tape and laughed.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments