Sundance to Ryan: Arrogant Finalist Claiming Victory

3/9/2007 2:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The horribly bearded Sundance Head was booted from "American Idol" last night -- and today he admits there's one cocky SOB left in the bunch.

The rejected singer was on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM morning show, where he said one of the guys remaining on the show -- whose name he wouldn't mention -- thinks he already has the competition in the bag.

Sundance also confessed he was shocked he was kicked off -- as the pseudo-vocal stylings of Sanjaya Malakar remained in the Top 12 -- saying, "I had not prepared myself for that ... I was a little angry ... at this point I'm just bitter this morning."

Head's elimination was only the first bad news he received yesterday, as OK! Magazine reveals he received word right after the taping that his cousin died in a fire that night. The cousin, Burl Head, had given Sundance $1500 for his stay in Los Angeles during the competition.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Brenda

Sundance -- I'm so sorry you got voted off! I feel like it was my fault for not voting - but I had fallen asleep because I drank too much vodka.

Hopefully you can try again next season -- or at least got someone's attention for something good to happen for you.

entrapment my ass

How sad!!! I really feel bad for this guy. He is very loved back home!! And his family is in our prayers.

Tina

You have every right to be bitter under those particular circumstances. However, I think you have good things coming your way in the very near future.

Practical

The guys don't stand a chance this year.

Only in

Poster David Allen Coe/David Duke has been posting vial comments. He attacks anyone for no reason at all. It started when the Ann Coulter story came out. It appears he has issues to work out.

Tired and Ready for A Nap

I stil can't figure out why Sanjaya keeps getting the votes. The young man clearly can't sing very well. I don't remember what it was that was good enough to get him into the 'Going to Hollywood!' group in the first place.. The clip of him doing the hula was enough to turn any female off. Whose voting for this guy? Maybe he has conquered the gay and Indian votes?

Brenda

"have Sundance Head' that doesn't even make sense.

KP

Bitter - party of one? It's a COMPETITION - which means, someone wins and everyone else loses. The odds were against you from the start. Get over it!

azkeno

well thats it , no more american idol for me. kick off the guy that can sing. to keep a michael jackson want abe that cant sing. sundance you were great. you should be mad. iam mad as hell

markus

Blake & Chris Richardson are the new Ace Y. & Chris D... they are so cool.

wasabi joe

while there is no way any of these guys will win the competition sundance has shown he has class, kudos to you for keeping silent on the arrogant contestant left, you really displayed great character and that will prove to be more valuable than any American Idol title.

Vicki

Sundance should have stayed!! WHAT IS UP WITH LITTLE INDIAN BOY? HIS DADDY MUST BE A SOFTWARE GENIOUS TO CALL IN VOTES FOR HIM!! THAT KID SUCKS-MAN, CANT WE ALL SING BETTER THAN HIM?

teeks

I'm just glad I won't have to look at that STUPID name till may... Sundance Head.... ugh sounds like some really deviant oral sex act.

idolfrk

It's Sligh. He admitted as much but didn't want to say anything for fear of sounding stupid.

hot snot

it is a shame...i was SHOCKED to say the least that Sabrina got booted instead of Hilary (is that her name?) and Sundance instead of Sanajay. Good LORD i was not expecting those two to stay!

I hope it's not Blake that he's talking about. That kid rocks it...he's fun. I like someone getting in there and mixing it up a bit. I doubt he's going to win...but he sure is fun to watch. meow.
I think that Melinda should get it

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments