Sundance to Ryan: Arrogant Finalist Claiming Victory

3/9/2007 2:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The horribly bearded Sundance Head was booted from "American Idol" last night -- and today he admits there's one cocky SOB left in the bunch.

The rejected singer was on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM morning show, where he said one of the guys remaining on the show -- whose name he wouldn't mention -- thinks he already has the competition in the bag.

Sundance also confessed he was shocked he was kicked off -- as the pseudo-vocal stylings of Sanjaya Malakar remained in the Top 12 -- saying, "I had not prepared myself for that ... I was a little angry ... at this point I'm just bitter this morning."

Head's elimination was only the first bad news he received yesterday, as OK! Magazine reveals he received word right after the taping that his cousin died in a fire that night. The cousin, Burl Head, had given Sundance $1500 for his stay in Los Angeles during the competition.

Whaz Up!

go gunga din.....go

carolegindse

sundance you were great. i don"t think we will watch anymore. when chris didn"t win last year i wasn"t going to watch anymore now i am postive.

Pam

I think its Simon Cowell who is causing these results - I think he encourages a "sympathy" vote for the ones he attacks personally when he says things like "I don't even remember your name" to Haley or "You have hair like Paula only who has the extensions?" to Sanjaya. It is after all just like Simon says, a singing competition - not a hair or other looks competition. Simon needs to tone it down a little bit and maybe some of these obviously twisted votes will go away. I'm sorry too about Sundance and Sabrina - both of them deserved to stay in the Top 12. I don't know why I'm even watching this show anymore - its always the same unfair thing year after year!

Eolra

I seriously don't understand why everyone is so shocked and sad to see Sundance go. It's like everyone is clinging to his ONE good audition. Let's take a look at his Idol history:

1) Great first audition - I admit that. Great voice, great personality.
2) Hollywood Week - SUCKS THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH from start to finish, voice cracks on high notes, off key screeching, looks "like he's been boiled". Inexplicably makes it into top 24 based on his INITIAL AUDITION and not on his performance here (as admitted by the judges) even though he sucked in every round. I feel sorry for the people who didn't totally f*** up in these rounds and were shafted to make room for sucky Sundance.
3) Nights in White Satin- SUCKS, totally off key, terrible song choice. Judges should rip him a new one for being totally off key, instead they give him lukewarm comments but you can tell they think it sucked, they struggle to come up with positive comments.
4) Mustang Sally - At least he's somewhat on key this week. Totally generic performance (see The Commitments), totally predictible song choice. Judges heap praise on him because they are releived that he doesn't totally suck like he did last week.
5) Jeremy - SUCKS. Totally off key, screams through the song. Again, judges inexplicably nice about it, but struggle to find positive comments.
6) Gets voted out and is SURPRISED??? YOU SUCKED IN EVERY ROUND EXCEPT YOUR AUDITION!!!! YOU'RE LUCKY TO HAVE GOTTEN THIS FAR!!! Paula calls him "one of our finest" and he is touted as having been a "frontrunner". FINEST AT WHAT? SUCKING???? HE HAD ONE GOOD PERFORMANCE DURING HIS ENTIRE RUN - HIS ORIGINAL AUDITION!!!! HOW DOES THAT MAKE HIM A FRONTRUNNER??? Oh yeah, because of all you people who inexplicably think he's good based on his first audition and cling to that for dear life.

I don't think he deserved to make the top 10. I don't particularly like Sanjaya either, but I fail to see that it's HIS fault Sundance didn't make the finals. I don't notice Jared fans blaming Sanjaya for his loss even though it's the same spot that he has filled. Get over it - Sundance may or may not be some great guy in real life, however HE CONSISTENLY SUCKED DURING IDOL and has no one to blame for his outing but his own sucky self.

KIM

I am sick of this show. It is supposed to be a singing competition. Explain how the worlds worst singer (Sanjaya) can stay on longer than Sundance. I dont think SUndance would have won, but he sure as hell deserved to be there longer than Sanjaya!!

Bobby T.

I'm so sad Antonella is gone. Can you imagine? No more naked pictures. I'm trying to get by with the new Melinda Doolitle's naked pics.

Whatever

Well Sundance Head maybe if you sang better you wouldn't have gotten the boot. He needs to be mad at himself, not stir up gossip on another contestant.

Whatever

Why is everyone bashing Sanjaya? It was the judges that picked him to be on the show and the public voted him through. Be mad at Paula, Randy and Simon.

Whatever

I'm glad that fat turd is gone. I was sick of him farting and smelly up the damn stage! Then he came in a farted up my dressing room. He is a disgusting pig!

Linda

My favorite is LAKISHA JONES. I admit that Melinda Doolittle has done better the past couple of weeks but she seems so fake to me. She seems like she is playing sweet and humble and meek. I was turned off when she was talking early on about her "stylist" - and this week was a turn-off when she told about her compulsvie behaviors. She is very talented but I would prefer to watch Lakisha.. I just hope Lakisha comes out with some better songs that really show off her big voice.

Michelle

#1 Tito Girl---are you for real? You think because you drank too much vodka and fell asleep, didn't vote, that's what affected the outcome? And you think admitting you're a drunk is a logical apology? I think American Idol will survive without your votes.

Colleka

Why is Sanjaya still on the show? Who votes for him? She sounds like a little girl or a very bad Michael Jackson impersonator. UGH.

mabrylove

WHY DID SANJAYA EVEN MAKE IT PAST HOLLYWOOD WEEK---AND WHY CANT WE GET RID OF HIM---HE CANT SING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HE MUST HAVE HIS WHOLE COUNTRY VOTING TO KEEP HIM IN BECUZ IT WOULD SCARE ME TO THINK AMERICA THINKS THATS TALENT----ALTHO AMERICA VOTED BUSH IN--SO MAYBE SANJAYA WILL BE THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL..AND HALEY OVER SABRINA????YEAH--ITS GONNA BE CHRIS DAUGHTRY ALL OVER AGAIN

Lori

Hi All,
I am totally shocked about Sundance being voted off, WOW is all I can muster. What was America thinking? Not to mention Sanajay is still there, are you kidding me...
And what about Sabrina, she has a beautiful voice, and can sing circles around Haley. I know Haley is a sweet girl but this is a singing competion, she should not be in the top twelve. My prediction for the top 2 ,Lakisha and Melinda.. They are the best this season bar none. I really like Blake, and I think he is very talented but nothing compared to Lakishs and Melinda...

mabrylove