Zarf Is Must See TV

3/9/2007 5:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Housewives across the country got a little lesson in transgenderism on Friday's episode of "All My Children."

Zarf
The soap furthered the storyline of transgendered lesbian character Zarf/Zoe's quest to transition from male to female. On today's educational and partially unscripted episode, Zarf, played by male actor Jeffrey Carlson, ventured to a support group where he encountered trans persons, played by genuine transgendered actors in various stages of undergoing the change. Janice Dickinson must have been unavailable, but a Sandra Oh lookalike was!

For a brief moment, the ABC soap diverged from their laughable Satin Slayer storyline to expose audiences to more diverse characters in a positive light. Let's hope this noble effort doesn't turn into the serial's killer, or kill the serial.

A Man Who Knows!

Yeah no duh it's not just about chopping your meat off, they take hormones. Why do they need to take hormones? Because their not Naturally supplied to them instead of estrogen they're full of testosterone! Why? Because they're a MAN baby, a MAN!!! A hairy man with balls and meat. Where's their womb? Where's their ovaries, where's their XY sex chromosomes? It's all not their because not matter how much you nip, tuck, and bondo yourself you're still a man!! A MAN with no meat :(

A Man Who Knows!

Yeah no duh it's not just about chopping your meat off, they take
hormones. Why do they need to take hormones? Because their not
Naturally supplied to them instead of estrogen they're full of
testosterone! Why? Because they're a MAN baby, a MAN!!! A hairy man
with balls and meat. Where's their womb? Where's their ovaries,
where's their XX sex chromosomes? It's all not their because not
matter how much you nip, tuck, and bondo yourself you're still a
man!! A MAN with no meat :(

Only in

Oh, I didn't know he had a sex change ,my mistake witch!

tc clem

Loveyourmeat needs to step away from the puter and enroll in a college course; at the very least promise never to procreate . Pity his family people.

A bigot is a bigot no matter who much one may protest.

JOE

EWE! MAN IMAGINE WAKING UP NEXT TO THAT ADAMS APPLE AFTER A NIGHT OF TEQUILAED GOODNESS

anny

What a freak show, yuck. Oh, I forgot it is all about DIVERSITY. Please give me a freaking break, it is about who the writers are and their agenda.

Joanne

What the hell does God have to do with any of this? If anything God created people to be free to do and be whatever they want.as long as it doesnt hurt anybody. This country is a democracy by the way. If a republican President wasnt in office we probably wouldnt in a useless war and 911 probably would not have happened. #61, you must be one of those sick religious freaks.

Joanne

All I can say is reading most of these comments makes me realize how twisted and ignorant this country is. Alot of the ignorant rantings I have read is really pathetic. If someone is gay, transexual, whatever, it really doesnt affect my life. And I love AMC and this storyline.

KAREN

I THINK IT IS GREAT THAT AMC DID THIS. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE STORY LINE OR THE MALE ACTOR THAT IS PLAYING HIM.....

Just a thought

One day I hope for the sake of our society that the medical world can find a way to fix these sick gay/tranny type people because it is a mental illness. It's not normal people - think about it - does your dog or cat wish it was the opposit sex ??? Nature has males & females for a reason - survival of the species. These sickos just need to accept the way they were born or seek medical attention for their illness.

John

#16, you suck! Susan Lucci rules!

Valpo

This has been a rude awakening to read these comments. The hatred displayed here is frightening. AMC has done an entertaining and HIGHLY EDUCATIONAL storyline about the torment of an individual contemplating a sexual transition. We are not to judge with hatred the decisions someone makes to achieve peace. Try to be a little less judgemental and if this is not of interest to you, don't watch the soap. Don't get fired up about it. Focus on what makes you content and do something positive in your life,

Jeffrey Carlson has done a stellar performance with the script given to him. It certainly provides a refreshing tone on the typical soap storylines of adultery, paternity, murder, etc. I, for one, am totally mesmerized by the character of Zoe.

End Racism And Sexism Everywhere

First off, people who don't watch AMC really don't have the right to be commenting on this storyline. Second, I think it's an informative storyline geared to all audiences of people, and personally I've also watched the show for 21 years now and I love the storyline, it's new and interesting. Lastly to all the close minded people: Just a Thought, Tired of it all, Sermon on the Mount, TH, God Bless America, Shawna, Back Off, Candace & Anny-YOU ARE ALL IGNORANT. Why can't you accept people for who they are, not everyone is like you, people are all different and that’s what makes our country so great, if you don't like it go live in a repressed communistic civilization like China. If we were all the same life would be really boring. Also why is it that you have to try to bring people down with your hurtful words, is it because different people scare you or is it that your uneducated and you only know how to insult. I'm sure that once in your life someone didn't accept you for who you were and it hurt so now you’re trying to turn that anger around onto someone else and it's not acceptable. And stop standing behind your religion to hate, that’s not what it's meant for. It only says in the bible that homosexuality is wrong because the Catholic religion is a business and they want you to have as many babies as possible to make more money, I mean followers for them. Besides, for all you know your savior could've been a homosexual. And all religions preach loving your neighbor and accepting all people. And before you jump to your judgmental conclusions, I'm in my late twenties and I'm a heterosexual female. And by the way I'm in the broadcasting industry and we DO NOT have our own agenda, we are EDUCATED people who write about things that will interest all groups of people, and we refuse to write storylines to groups of sexist, racist, ignorant, bigoted people. THESE STORYLINES ABOUT DIFFERENT PEOPLE ARE WRITTEN TO TEACH YOU ACCEPTANCE OF OTHER PEOPLE. All of that hating must really tire all of you ignorant people out.

Cabo

#29 -- Bianca's storyline has been one of the best things AMC has ever done, because they have focused on Bianca as a human being as being more important than her being a lesbian. They took a beloved character and broke through a lot of stereotypes.

I wasn't wild about Zarf at first, but the character is growing on me. I really like what Jeffrey Carlson is doing and I hope AMC will continue with this storyline in a respectful way.

AMC has always been devoted to raising social consciousness; maybe you ought to quit watching if you hate it so much.

Oh, and it's CALGON "take me away," not CALGO!

Ok

I don't like it! they could have made it fun with the drag queens but it was so serious and BORING! YAWN! the show went down hill when they changed Erica Cane ' s whole history by bringing her long lost son on. I think Erica has had one too many face lifts.