Elton's

Rear Admiral

3/14/2007 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Can you feel the military tonight? Sir Elton John and his partner David Furnish emerged triumphantly in full Reg-imental garb from Shoreditch Town Hall in the East End of London.

Elton John and David Furnish
The couple was not returning from a reenactment of a World War I battle; rather, they had just celebrated John's 60th birthday, along with Sir Paul McCartney, the Osbournes and Kate Moss. The black-tie affair was studded with other high-ranking members of the British social army, including Hugh Grant, Sting and Thandie Newton.

mickey

Elton`s boy toy has the nerve to wear that uniform! He needs to be shipped to Ramadi or worse to see if he can really wear it. I don`t think they give out war medals for flash, trash and flouncing through the wadi`s tho.......

moi

#13...AMEN!!!

I'm with you 110%, I haven't left a comment on here, yet, and I've only glanced at a couple of them before, but seeing this picture I knew a Marine, Former, or not, would have something to say about that fag wearing that uniform.

And for those of you who are about to defend them and say that I shouldn't judge, and I have no life, and whatever else it is you all say to make you feel better, I have to say this to you:
Why do you think there is a button on here that says to add your comments?
For all the nice things people want to say?

Stronzo

Further more, it's a friggin' birthday party! So what if Sir Elton and David dressed up in costumes. If dressing up in a costume is so horrible think before you dress up for your next costume party: Witches should be burned at the stake. Vampires should have wooden stake stabbed through their heart. Ghosts should be buried since they are already dead. Monsters that show up should be shot on sight.

Geez. Get a fuckin' life. Elton has raised MILLIONS of dollars through his various charities. Until you can contribute that much good to society, STFU!

Hello

I am going to buy a Marine uniform and wear it just to piss you people off.

Angie

This uniform is not a costume! It is sad but there are people who will never understand the pride and honor that a Marine has. Regardless of all the comments we make, they can never understand that being a Marine is earned and not given. I believe Ronald Reagan summed it up best during a speech he gave in 1985...

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering
if they've made a difference. The Marines don't
have that problem."

AN

I am so very offended by David Furnish wearing a USMC uniform. Both my husband and his twin brother are Marines--my brother-in-law is in Iraq right now. That uniform is EARNED-not given. And certainly NOT a COSTUME! If Mr. Furnish would like to complete 13 weeks of USMC training, I know some drill instructors who would be happy to help him out!

lundy

he looks like a horses ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lundy

he looks like a horses ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank McIntosh

So much anger over a little dress-up misstep. You guys sound.......well.......positively gay.

I'm just waiting for the first: "This will undermine our troops in Iraq" post. Then we'll know TMZ has really jumped the shark....straight into a red state swimming pool of retards.

Jill Rothgeb

What is wrong with this picture!?! I was excited to see a Marine in uniform then to notice that Marine was holding hands with WHAT a man? then to realize who they were (Elton and David). It.just broke my heart t to know that they were disgracing the people who currently serve and have served in all of the nations militaries!

Costumes are Parties but UNIFORMS are for the men and women who have EARNED them. Just because Elton and his partner have money doesn't give them the right to take away from what other's have earned to give us our FREEDOM to which Elton and David seem to be sharing in!

THANK YOU - To those who know what being a real military person is all about - SEMPER FI!

Cricket

93. Agreed.

It's frightening to see most of these comments are from vets or actives in our military. Do they not have other things to do than to bash people on a celebrity gossip site?

It scares me to think that a lot of my friends in the service are being represented by such hateful people. Everyone around the world laughing at us, and I can understand why; more outraged over an English flamboyant star known to be controversial and gaudy than actual issues at hand.

If those actually had pride about serving, then there's no reason to be manic about this. The majority of this spite stems from the fact that Elton John is a poofer, and it wouldn't be such a big deal if these uniforms were worn by hmmm, Angelina and Brad.

The world keeps on spinning.

JD

This is so sick!! What freaks!!!

Hello

This wouldn't be an issue if they weren't gay. People are upset because two gay men are wearing military costumes. Too bad. Elton and David should wear the costumes everyday to piss you people off.

GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY
GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY

Marissa

Elton John, Paul McCartney, Stella McCartney, Elle, and the rest of the others that attended such a lavish party are "ALL LOSERS" with "MONEY". To go to a party wearing a US Marine Uniform and support that is to me "UNFORGIVEABLE". They play their concerts here, they take our money, they are FREE to come to "The USA", and why because of SOLDIERS! The "REAL STARS" in "REAL LIFE" are SOLDIERS. Noone can touch them are far as "GIVING THEIR LIVES" FOR SUCH A GREAT CAUSE "OUR FREEDOM"! Elton and the rest of them live in a unrealistic world. They all have tooooo much money!

Jill Rothgeb

This isn't an issue of them being gay - it's an issue of them wearing offical military uniforms that they did not earn! Go back and read some of the comments from active and former Marines and or family memebers - they are all saying the same thing -

Uniforms are for those who earn them - cub scouts, boy scouts, girls scouts, fire fighters, police, army, navy, marines, coast guards, etc... every one of these groups have had to pay their dues and it is an honor to wear the uniform they have earned.

If you are one of the ones that feels that wearing an offical military uniform as a costume is ok - my question to you is - Shouldn't the person wearing the uniform be respectful enough to the group they are representing and let their actions reflect so?

Don't wear a uniform if you have not earned it ! From this country or any other country -