Virgie Goes to Bahamas Seeking Guardianship

3/15/2007 5:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Virgie Arthur just won't go away. She'll be in the Bahamas tomorrow, asking a judge to award her guardianship of Dannielynn -- this, according to Court TV Correspondent Jean Casarez.

Stern, Birkhead, Virgie Arthur
Jean tells TMZ that Virgie wants guardianship pending a ruling on who's the daddy.

But there are several obstacles standing in her way. In addition to the fact that Anna detested Virgie, Jean has learned that the Supreme Court of the Bahamas has directed Social Services on the island to do a background check on her. Social Services will also do background checks on Howard K. Stern and Larry Birkhead. The findings will be revealed in court tomorrow.

And speaking of Social Services, Jean learned that there is no current investigation as to whether Dannielynn is currently in safe care with Howard K. Stern. That's because no formal complaint has ever been lodged.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Ronda in St Louis

give it up Vergie.

Janet

I can't beleive that wrote on this heading "Want go away".
Why would she, she is the grandmother. I hope
she wins.

Janet

I can't beleive they wrote on this heading "Want go away".
Why would she, she is the grandmother. I hope
she wins.

Jill

I hope the baby goes to Larry Birkhead. I hope Virgie goes away.

Nat

seriously, you can tell larry is the dad. i mean has anyone ever seen the pics of dannielynn. just let larry have the kid.

Trish

Virgie Arthur makes me love Howard K. Stern.

The image of Virgie shoveling dirt on her daughter's grave, then walking over it, makes me sick. This woman does not need to get one of Anna's earrings, much less her daughter.

leslie knox

hopefully she went to social services today and got that started. and as far as background checks i htink she will have no problem with that, she was a cop for 28 years good luck vergie, get your grandbaby and get the hell outta there.

Just my opinion

Virgie Arthur has EVERY right in the world to try and get Dannielynn. She is the only blood connection to this baby at the moment. This baby needs her Grandma. Quit trash talking her TMZ and everyone else. If she didn't try to get her, what would all of you say?

Your'e Fired!

..................................She too is like Herpes.........................................

He's Boring now

Who in the Bahamas lame brain sense of Justice and Immigration will be doing these "background" checks? The minister of "look the other way"? I cant imagine if they do a bona fide background check that Stern would pass or come in looking better than Birk or Virgie. Virgies background includes being a police officer. Give the Grandmother the child and be done with it. These other two tag alongs have proved to be nothing short of hideous as men, fathers and human beings.

d

go home virgie and let your daughter rest in peace!!!

E

GO AWAY MOTHER DEAREST !!!!!!

Casey

she needs to go . SHE is the grandmother .the only blood relative we know for sure.

ellen

I'd rather she have guardianship than Howard.

KH

I hope the DNA test is done quickly now!! Go home Vergie...... Come on $tern, Larry is way better then her, let him take the DNA test quickly for Danilynn sake. Vergie just wants the money, and I think Larry would be better than that woman. I am glad my mom left when I was 3, it was better for all of us. :( :)
KMH