After performing an autopsy, it became clear that Anna Nicole Smith died of an accidental overdose of medication.
Dr. Joshua Perper, the Medical Examiner for Broward County, just announced the 39-year-old former Playboy Playmate was taking a number of drugs, including methadone and anti-anxiety drugs, among others.
Anna did not take methadone the day she died, said Perper, but there was evidence she had taken it several days earlier.
Dr. Perper concluded that it was combined drug intoxication, including anxiety and depression medication, Valium, Ativan and antihistamines, that contributed to Smiths' death. She had also taken chloral hydrate, a strong sedative, which was a major component in her death.
Anna's Cause of Death Revealed
3/26/2007 11:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Get TMZ Breaking News alerts to your inbox