"Laguna Beach" Star Charged with DUI

3/29/2007 12:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to ReadTMZ has learned that wayward "Laguna Beach" star Jessica Smith has just been released from an Orange County jail, after being charged with two misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence.

Smith,19, who spent almost three full days behind bars, was arrested Monday on suspicion of felony driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and of causing "great bodily injury" during a crash on the Santa Ana Freeway near Los Angeles. We're told that Smith had a blood alcohol level of .12.

Sources tell TMZ that because Smith wasn't charged with a felony, her bail was reduced from $100,000 to $5,000. Although her bail was reduced yesterday, Smith was apparently unable to come up with the bail until today. Under the terms of her release, Smith has been ordered not to drink alcohol and to attend one AA meeting per week until her arraignment on April 25.

dude

She's hit the wall at 19!

Only in

Ordered by court not to drink alcohol, mmm.. I guess meth and crack are ok?

the one

throw the book at this spoiled bitch

Neighbor

This is a truely a bad choice and she obviously did not hurt anyone. Girls will be girls and she was just out having fun. It is her right to do what she wants. I hope the she can forget it and move on with her life.

USHER LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER

This kids have way to much money and way to much time on their hands...hey why not do something with you life. like go to school....what a waste of a human being....

Lisa

I like her on "Laguna". I guess the fame went to her head and she thought she was above the law, like most of them do. I'm suprised her parents couldn't come up with the bail money for her............she must have blown all the money she got from the show.

karen

I find it very odd she couldnt come up with the money for bail ...they all live in those super nice houses ...I would think one of her family members or friends should have had no problem coming up with it...but thats just my opinion

Carl

Why was she ordered to attend AA meetings? She has not been convicted, the court has no right to sentence her before a trial.

What's wrong with her face in this picture?

My father was killed in a horrible auto accident. The person responsible for his death was also charged with "misdeameanors" several times before this accident. Had he been charged with a greater crime and actually punished (vs. paying fines), my Dad would be alive today.

I wish the police would treat actors as they would anyone else, as this just sets more bad examples and I wonder whose father will be killed next.

get a grip

#3 Are you on crack??? "girls will be girls" She could of killed someone!!!! Driving drunk is is just wrong. It is not her right or anyone else to get behind the wheel of a car drunk.

DRINKING AND DRIVING KILLS!!!!

Nancy

Hang in there Jessica. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. And please ignore the negative people and the insults. They are just people that are jealous of your having been on a popular show. I'm sure they all have skeletons in their closets a s well from when they were young too....keep your head up and keep smiling !!
www.nbambush@lazboyneo.com

Lisa

Carl, her blood alcohol level was .12, they didn't sentence her, it was a condition of her bail. She may need to go to AA, the faster she attend the better off she will be.

Brooklyn

Oh god no. A DUI? How rare for a has been reality tv star. Please. ugh. This insecure little rich girl deserves whatever she gets.

wake up!

This is for "forgiving". Maybe you should reread the article. There was injury and this is not a case of girls being girls...the next time a women is gang raped are you going to say that it was just a case of boys being boys that were just having a good time? Wake up!!! in today's world these kids know BETTER and remember they grow up to be adults. We have to teach them that if you do the crime you do the time. Don't get me wrong, I partied crazy in my day but, I never got behind the wheel. She broke the law and like anyone else should be punished....period.

Turtle is a dumbass

Turtle you dumbass why does the guy have to be illegal? Because he has a hispanic sounding last name? Turtle go head to the ocean and dont come back. You are a complete idiot.

That Lugan Beach chick cant catch a break. Jason cheats on her, then that new high school kid makes her look like a tool on the show and he cheats on her, now this. Poor girl ohh well her choices.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments