The Price is Right

For George H.

3/30/2007 5:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0330_george_hamilton_ex_fm-1TMZ has learned that George Hamilton is the front-runner to replace Bob Barker on the "Price is Right."

We're told that CBS honcho Les Moonves and the show's producers think George is "wonderfully charming" and "could really make the show work."

We'll let you know if and when the perma-tanned TV titan is told to "come on down!"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Tina - Canada!!

I don't think Bob Barker should be replaced.....let 's keep his show alive and just show it's reruns, this is Bob's show and noone else can ever take his place...What is "The price is Right" without Bob Barker-Nothing!!

AZ Girl

Surely they won't pick George Hamilton as the new host of PIR!! It will never "fly" with him at the stick!! I hope they choose Todd Newton. 2nd pick would be Dave Price. No John O'Hurley either! He isn't even good as the host of Family Feud.

billy wilder

George Hamilton would be fantastic as host of The Price is Right. Rosie O'Donnell is not a good choice for host of The Price is Right. Mr. Hamilton would make the ladies swoon, whereas Ms. O'Donnell would make everyone want to vomit.

loyal fan

No No No....George Hamilton is absolutely the worst!! I never liked orange men. Les...make a deal with GSN....you can get Chuck Woolery...he would be perfect...he's witty, good looking, paid his dues and would not be an embarrassment to your network like those other choices....John O is just untalented...unless you add a dancing showcase.

b4real

wow...just plain..wow..

Richard Hatch

I have watched Bob Barker on the "Price Is Right" since I was 15 and in High School. I am now 50 and still watching. I always wondered what would happen if he retired. I could never think of anyone who 'could' replace him. I don't think that George Hamilton is the right person. He is nearly as old as Bob Barker, and has been around for ions.......They need some younger blood like Mario Lopez, or Todd Newton, or Doug Davidson, or even Mark Wahlberg who used to host some game show, I can't remember the name. Or even Dave Price. Someone who can take the show into the future. After all, how long will George Hamilton be able to do it? Not long term............We will miss you Bob Barker, you were a staple in my life and in the life of CBS daytime television. Thank you for being there for us for 35 years. The animals thank you too!

Diane

I certainly hope this is rumor about George Hamilton being a front runner for this job. I definately will not watch if he is chosen. What a shame. Who is in charge of making these decisions? Perhaps there should be a poll of the audience who will be watching.. that only seems fair. Mario Lopez at least is easy on the eyes. I don't even know what to say......upsetting!

BarbaraFranzkowiak

I would like John o'herley from dancing with the stars

Donna

OMG .... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

DirtyRottenGossip.com

Anyone else completely creeped out by this guy?

available

HE LOOKS LIKE PRINE VON ANHALT! UGHLY!

available

PRINCE I MEAN>LMAO!

Dallas

it's possible, it's possible

kiki

You have got to be joking?!?!?! Maybe its time to put Price is right to bed. Noone can replace Bob and George needs to spend most of his time in a tanning booth anyhow so how could this possibly work out? This guy is swarmy!

Karen Walker

I have never understood why this guy is famous. He made some silly vampire movie a million years ago and a million years before that he played Hank Williams. Now a million years later he is shelling potato chips! This guy is the male Paris Hilton of his generation!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments