The Price is Right

For George H.

3/30/2007 5:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0330_george_hamilton_ex_fm-1TMZ has learned that George Hamilton is the front-runner to replace Bob Barker on the "Price is Right."

We're told that CBS honcho Les Moonves and the show's producers think George is "wonderfully charming" and "could really make the show work."

We'll let you know if and when the perma-tanned TV titan is told to "come on down!"

Hal

His photo looks like he's been boiled in a lobster pot!

Longtime Fan

I have two suggestions for the next host of The Price is Right. Why not Tom Bergeron or Chuck Woolery?

Andrew

If Family Feud gets cancelled (mostly due to its low raitings) then John O'Hurley might replace Bob Barker. NO WAY IT WILL BE GEORGE HARRISON!!! Louie Anderson would be a good replacement as well (but he needs to loose some weight). Bill Raffery would be a good replacement, too. If Rich Fields replaces Barker, who would be the new announcer? Barker originally wanted Art Sanders after Rod Roddy passed away. If O'Hurley were to be the new host, would he prefer Burton Richardson to be the announcer instead of Rich Fields?

Vincent O'Driscoll

Give George the job and TPIR will go off the air in less than one year. Guaranteed. He is the WORST possible choice. John O'Hurley is ANNOYING.

thatguywholikestocommetonblogs

I love the Price Is Right and I watch during my off time which is rare during that time frame. I agree there is someone better outthere to host. From what I seen from most posts I tend to agree that John O'Hurley will be a perfect host. He has the spunk and energy that can continue the tradtion.As for Hamliton all he is known for lately is those Ritz Chips Commercials and he is kinda cheezy (if anyone remembers he had a daytime talk show in the 90's and was cheezy then) I think CBS should see these comments and keep on looking. If George Hamilton becomes the host. The death of price is right will be around the corner.

Big Red

Yes Yes !! Great choice. Give him a chance.

Joni

I would like to see either Mario Lopez or Jeff Foxworthy be the emcee of Price is Right.

lkelly

Bob Barker IS TPIR, the two go together, but Bob does need to retire!!! Mario Lopez, a BIG NO for me! People automatically tie a person to what they did in their past. I think of Mario as a B-lister that had to do Dancing with the Stars cause he had nothing else. He could not fill Bob's shoes!!! We need the new host to be someone that is versitile and not sterotyped into roles their whole career! I think the show will go down with the new host no matter who it is!!

Call Me

he's older than bob !!

mike

do not replace the guy, he has been a staple to the show since i dont know when. You cant replace the man who built the show to what it is today, just let the show go down with him being the one who made it what it is today. NOBODY and i do mean NOBODY would accept any other person to take his place just because he has been on there sooooooo long. Tha is why it lasted so long because people got used to one face and he had a personality, so don't belittle the man who helped bring the show to the status it is today because in the end - YOU WILL ULTIMATELY LOSE!!!

angeline

I have been a fan of the price is right since the beginning and I love Bob Barker as the host. He was a wonderful caring person with a great sense of humor who loved all his contestants. George Hamilton is the worst choice with a egotistical personality and stuck on himself. If he becomes the host I will not watch the show.

Tiger_lily

I think the show should just end. It has had a long life and now needs to rest in peace. No one can replace Bob Barker so why try and then have the show go out on a low note. Let it go out in a blaze of glory!!

Julie

George Hamilton as the new host of The Price is Right ? Yuck! Mario Lopez, Wayne Brady, or John O'Hurley would be a better choice.

pricefan4ever

OH MY GOD!! you have got to be kidding me......this hamilton guy is a rather lousy choice as the successor......i mean, come on! i always thought Rich Fields was right for the job......he knows all the basic stuff on the pricing games.....and plus he's got just as much hosting experience....... he definetly has my vote.

mercuryrises

George Hamilton is not right for this show. JD Roberto should be the new host. He has done the Atlantic City version of the Price is Right and knows this show inside out. I would prefer a virtual Bob Barker instead of George Hamilton.