CNN To Miles, Soledad -- Bye Bye O'Briens

4/3/2007 6:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed through sources that Miles O'Brien and Soledad O'Brien have been officially booted as anchors of CNN's "American Morning."
Miles & Soledad

John and KiranTheir replacements will be John Roberts and Kiran Chetry. CNN recently hired Chetry after she got the ax from FOX News Channel.

Sources say the move will be effective in two to three weeks. We're told both O'Briens will remain at CNN.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Julia

I have watched cnn for the past 8 years and have taken the good with the bad with each new anchoring team. However, the latest team of Roberts and Chetry pushed the envelope too far. In an effort to avoid hurtful condescension, simply put, Chetry is inarticulate and an intellectual lightweight, to the point that it is embarrassing to watch/listen to cnn any further. Given that and other recent changes to cnn news that have turned it into a pop candy store, I have finally discarded my loyalty and am leaving cnn permanently behind.

suzyQ

I was sad to see Miles O'Brien and Soledad O'Brien leave the morning show on CNN. They actually had personality and intelligence. This new anchor, Kiren Chetry just seems like she reads her telepromptor but has no idea what she is reporting on, can we say "Broadcast News"? CNN made a mistake.

Missing Miles

News just isn't as exciting since Miles is gone - I try, but between Kiran and John ... I just can't get excited.
Miles was the hottest thing in News EVER!!!!!

Jeff

Kiran Chetry is the worst! The lights are on, but no one is home -- no surprise she came from Fox News. I've officially stopped watching American Morning. Bring back Soledad and Miles!

Karma

Hey, good idea put Glenn Beck on in the morning...let's finish CNN off!!! That "thing" will bring the ratings down to ZERO.....

pete

Hey - what gives? Which one is pregnant? Who was arrested for DUI? Did they get the news at Hyde? This doesn't seem like TMZ material to me...

Ace

I'll be interested to read in TMZ about what new show Amy Sedaris is planning. This will probably be announced shortly. I had heard something about a dance show with Paris Hilton and Michael Jackson guesting, but maybe that was a joke.

slb

Fox was crazy for letting Kiran go! She was great. But, no one will be able to beat Fox and Friends in the morning. Even the college kids watch it.

Paula

CNN is a sinking ship with Jon Klein at the helm. Kiran Chetry? The woman can't even read a teleprompter.

Linda

i don't think BOOTED is the right word. They are probably just sick of getting up so early in the morning.

Catherine

Kiran sold out to CNN? BS!

carol ard

I have been wondering when this would happen..She has a very annoying voice and them together well it was just too corney! Married couples do not work together on a show..The interraction is dull and she has that annoying corny way about her anyway!

Denise

They need to have Robin Meade do their morning show. She comes on at 3:00 a.m. in the West, way way to early to get to watch, 6:00 a.m. would be much better!! I think she does a great job, good personality and beautiful to boot!! She's the BOMB....

Oprah

Kiran rules! Obrians were hell to watch! Let the leg show begin

Anja

they're not married, not related at all.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments