"Christmas Story" Director Killed in L.A. Car Crash

4/4/2007 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bob ClarkBob Clark, director of "A Christmas Story" and a producer of the "Porky's" films, was killed today on California's famed Pacific Coast Highway when his car was hit head-on by an SUV driven by a man who was later arrested for being under the influence of alcohol.

Clark's son, 22-year-old Ariel Hanrath-Clark, was riding with his father and was also killed in the crash.

TMZ has learned that police arrested 24-year-old Hector Velazquez-Nava, the driver of the SUV, on suspicion of gross vehicular manslaughter, and that Velazquez-Nava will be booked once he is released from the hospital. We're told that Velazques-Nava had a female passenger whose status is unknown at this time.

According to police, the Clarks were riding in a silver Infiniti around 2.30 AM Wednesday on PCH in Pacific Palisades. The Infiniti was badly damaged in the crash, and the SUV's front end was mangled.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Reali-TEE

So sad.. I feel for the wife and mother of that boy. MADD should burn that jerk at the steak.

Sarah

My deepest sympathies to the family ...it is so tragic to lose both father and son like this

whatever

How sad.....Im sorry for the family.
I hope they throw the driver in jail for life

leen salas

sad,,,,,,very very sad......heard the bad news on the way to work this morning. it's always a drunk or a person on drugs that takes a life of a good person.

bunny

my heart goes out to the family. Its just so sad that losing two family memeber at the same time its so tragic. I heard about this accident when i woke up this morning, i was so sadden by it. yes i do live in southern orange county. Rest in Peace. His son is my age. i cant bare to hear this.

I 'm in love with edward

My thought and prayers to the family. I can't imagine to lose two members. My prayers to the loser that got drunk and decided to take other peoples lives into his hands, I pray for his family as well. As I'm sure this will no doubt tear up his family also.

P.J.

To all you dirtbag cads out there who flaunt your drunkeness as if you just scaled Mount Everest (Hey everyone! Look at me! I'm sooooo drunk), this is what your irresponsibility leads to: destroyed lives and families.

And please, don't give me the line that "I always look for a designated driver". Complete unadulterated bovine feces. Anyone who willingly damages his or his body is inherently disrespectful of others. Every night, drunken bastards play Russian Roulette with the lives of others because they lack the capability and common human decency to control their ethyl alcohol intake.

I hope this mother f***er gets his pyloric sphincter repeatedly and violently violated in prison for the next 25 years.

CHARGERS TILL THE END

my condolences to the family of the victims in this case.....i actually saw the scence this morning on t.v...it was horrible! the drunk driver who hit him should be put away forever...if he himself makes it!!

X

Very very sad.. my condolences to that poor family: How I wish no one would drink and drive: it is so so sad...

Miapocca

Deepest sympathies to the surviving family.l.especially to the mothers, who are have to whintness the passing of child when it sould rightfully be the other way round.

I hope that now the celebs will take the cases fo bad driving seriously...when you see the Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton drving ,you should question the local police...are they waiting for somethinglike this to occure before putting an end to horrible drivers............................

imakemistakes

That's so sad. Hy heartfelt sympathy to the family. At a loss for further words, so very sad.

JV

This is sad. Celebrities and anyone else who have gotten away with DUI's -see how innocent peoples lives are ruined!

MOM

How sad christmas story is my all time favorite movie

deanne

My sincere and deepest condolences on the loss of Mr.Clark and his son. My prayers go out to their family and friends who will forever be affected by this tragedy.
Drunk and Drugged drivers end lives too early, everyday. This must stop.

Mike

My heart goes out to the Clarks and all the others killed by drunken 'immigrants'. And there are many others, just watch the news.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments