MSNBC You Later Imus

4/11/2007 7:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

ImusMSNBC just announced it will no longer simulcast Don Imus' radio show.

In a statement to TMZ, MSNBC says "Effective immediately, MSNBC will no longer simulcast the "Imus in the Morning" radio program. This decision comes as a result of an ongoing review process, which initially included the announcement of a suspension. It also takes into account many conversations with our own employees. What matters to us most is that the men and women of NBC Universal have confidence in the values we have set for this company. This is the only decision that makes that possible. Once again, we apologize to the women of the Rutgers basketball team and to our viewers. We deeply regret the pain this incident has caused."

An FCC spokesperson has confirmed to TMZ that they have received complaints about Imus' remarks, but downplays media reports that they have launched an investigation.

Parrothead

Unbelievable. Howard Stern says worse and gets his own satellite program and can name his own salary. African-Americans should be ashamed of themselves. Imus was wrong, but IMHO, this latest decision is atrocious.

NYCriminal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wil kill him on the air tomorrow

Just me??

Duke players declared innocent today by the ATTORNEY GENERAL OF NC........Justice can prevail...case dropped

antiAMERICAN IDOL

I heard Imus on his show this morning saying that he didn't need that job.

Well, Imus you must be a fortune teller, too. Cause' you are OUT !

SUPER-ficial

COWARD.KILLER - so if I refer to you in a less than favorable way . . that means I'm hip . . WOW I never knew that

Angela

What he said was wrong & he shouldn't have said it. I think it is BS what is happening to him because of this. Why I say that is some can go say certain things just as bad or worse & they get a slap on the wrist. If your gonna go after one you need to go after them all. It is not right to favor certain people. I just dont get how Isiah Washington just gets to do therapy but Imus gets suspended, pull from TV & god knows what else is to come. To me that is so wrong & it's sickening.

d

WHY DONT THE FEDS. GO AFTER JACKSON AND SHARPTON WITH DUE DLLAGENCE? AS THEY DO IMUS? DOUBLE STANDARD

PDL

I thought a suspension was harsh...god.

I don't understand why people make such a deal about this. Obviously african americans can call each other my ni***a but if anyone else says it they get shunned. This is a problem with the US today. Sad really. Slap the guy on the wrist and move on. Who is going to give a crap if I call a caucasian a "rat headed hoe".....WTF ....

OUTLAW CRAZY JUDGES

SHARPTON AND JACKSON ARE THE HOs !

Republitarian

Since when is Al Sharpton and Spike Lee the Moral Authority? Spike Lee said he throws mental daggers at mixed race couples when he sees them walking down the street. Al Sharpton accused innocent cops in the Tawana Brawley case, said the Central Park Jogger (who was raped) was a whore and that her boyfriend probably did it.

NBC owns Universal Music. Fifty Cent is on that label. Where is the outrage for the stuff he says?

There is a HUGE double standard in this Country. Its retarted. The media is making this sooo big.

paula

BOYCOTT STAPLES.....TALK ABOUT KICKING SOMEONE WHEN THEY ARE DOWN. YELLOW BELLIED PROFIT SUCKING JUNK OFFICE SUPPLY PUSHERS. UTOH. DON'T GIVE MY EMAIL ADDRESS TO AL SHARPTON LOL

Just me??

Well, I can still celebrate that my hometown has the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP LADY VOLUNTEERS UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE...................................................................

Kelly

OK, this is just wrong!! I am not, nor have I ever been, an Imus fan. Never even listened to his show...but for him to be cancelled over this is just ridiculous. Like another poster said, what Isiah Washington said was just as hateful/hurtful. He goes to rehab for a week and all is forgiven. Where was Sharpton then???? I thought the suspension would have been enough. The man apologize. Sharpton, being a so called "reverend" should recognize an apology and give forgiveness not call for the man's firing. Isn't that what religion is all about?? Forgiving people who own up to their mistake instead of running into a rehab facility and hiding for a week? There does appear to be a double standard here and that is so wrong! Granted what Imus said was wrong but given all that he has done to help people of ALL races, I think people are really overreacting. As for Sharpton calling for his firing, maybe he should check into his own background...he is no saint either...just google Tawana Brawley and see. People seem to forget that incident.

SUPER-ficial

I'm so proud that this great democracy harbors racism beyond belief. Let's be sure and tell the citizens of Iraq to carry on with their own muslim prejudice - because that's a TRUE PART of democracy . . one must also be racist

ali

I guess apologizing is not enough. BYE BYE MSNBC , THE TODAY SHOW and HELLO FOX NEWS. Thank god for justice for the duke players. Some good news for a change. There has got to be dirt on Jesse J and Sharpton. Be sure your sins will find you out. It will come out.