Alec Baldwin's

Threatening Message to Daughter

4/22/2007 4:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And we've learned, a family law judge was so alarmed after hearing the tape, she has temporarily barred Baldwin from having any contact with his child.

Alec Baldwin Daughter Phone Message
After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went berserk on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your ass out."

"This crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

Calls to Basinger's attorneys, celebrity lawyers Neal Hersh and Judy Bogen, were not returned.

Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, told TMZ, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have."

UPDATE: Basinger's publicist, Annette Wolfe, told TMZ: "The voicemail speaks for itself."

UPDATE: A friend of Alec Baldwin's just contacted TMZ to say that the actor called Ireland last week and apologized for his outburst. The friend added that Ireland is the most important thing in the world to Alec and that he is frustrated because over the last six years, Kim has "tried everything" to alienate Ireland from him.

UPDATE: Alec Baldwin's spokesperson released the following statement to the TV show "EXTRA": "In the best interest of the child, Alec will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order. The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order. Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years."

Jessica

I have a deranged mother who left me phone messages alot worse than that (including mentioning something about aborting me when she had the chance) -- and were any legal actions taken? No. What did I do? After realizing that her behavior was never going to change and my entire life she'd been doing this to me, I wrote her out of my life. It's been 7 months since I've talked to her or seen her, and I'm not planning on allowing something so negative to be in control of my life. I forgive her, but I definitely do not forget -- and I believe that this little girl, even at the age of 11, should be allowed to make decisions of her own regarding her relationship with her father. In two years, the courts will allow her to choose who she wants to live with. Her choice will speak mountains about her father. My choice to live with my father has spoken mountains about my mother, and I definitely believe this little girl has very difficult choices to make in the future, just like me and millions of other kids across the world.

joann mason

I realize what Alec Baldwin is going though as we hve undergone parental alienation due to the power my sons' x wife has held over their children. He has gone to pick up his children for his visitation many times and found notes on the door stating they weren't coming today. She refuses to give him their telephone number so he can call them and when we got the number from a friend, she immediately changes the number. One of the children needed serious surgery and we did not know about it for several weeks after and only learned about it from the child himself. Recently he took his 2 boys age 10 and 13 to lunch at Hooters and his x wife threw such a fit and the friend of court has ordered him to take parenting classes, and he can no longer have access to his children till the classes are complete. The Friend of Court here in Ionia Michigan is very unfair to men. When he has complained they roll their eyes and flick their hair and are rude. I say GO Alec and do something for Male parenting rights.

Sharon Morrison

Is there such a thing as a parent that has never yelled at their teenager?! All teenagers have their "thoughtless pig" moments and it can be very difficult to deal with -give the guy a break.

John

I would have probalby said the same thing. I have called my boys similar when they behave in a selfish and dis-respectful manner because if you don't shock them they will not take your seriously or remember what you've said. Kids have short attention spans and don't consider the sacrifices their parents make for them. Im glad my father gave me rude awakenings beause it made me a better person. If Alec were to die from a freak accident all of a sudden Im sure she would weep and wish she had made the effort to talk to her father more. Then you would feel sorry for the guy but for now hes a monster according to some people. America is full of too many sissies these days.

Sherry Clark

This and every family situation that involves divorced parents is about what's best for a child. Under no circumstances is a child or an ex-wife responsible for the actions of another human being, this one just happening to be the ex-husband and the father. If dad wants to, as he says he does, maintain a relationship with his daughter, then he'd better figure out a way as an adult to handle his emotions that doesn't include dumping on and damaging this young girl. If he's unable to do that, then the most loving thing he can do is to leave his daughter in peace. The threatening, angry words used in the voicemail are frightening and anything but loving. How many of your young readers and viewers would vote to have him for their dad - star or not?

Latina marie

There is no excuse for abuse.I have observed some of the past history of angry outburst that Mr.Baldwin has expressed.There are many peolpe involved Father,Mother and child and other sibbling if any.If someone has known about the anger Mr Baldwin has expressed and no consequences are implemented there are RED FLAGS poping up.Verbal abuse affects anyone and everyone.There are such good programs out there for parenting in a postive way.Anger mangement program maybe good also.The daughter can benefit from healing of the trauma of verbal abuse because that is what it is.I have not heared about mom but surely she suffers from some trauma herself.I have a family of four boys single mom it takes alot of energy and time and patients.Mr.Baldwin may need some healing time in finding his self and work on why he is so angry.As a mothers point of view supervised vistation would be a thought until he completed a few programs ordered by the judge.When i speak of programs that means anger mangement ,parenting,and indentifying abusive behaviors.If he has been through the programs then more intensive work should be done.Until then good luck to this family.The process maybe very painful.When the abuse stops then it becomes rewarding.Mom would benefit from programs too.Educate!! Educate!! Educate!! How to stop the violence.

Patty

WELL WE DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHT TO JUDGE HIM FOR WHAT HE DID, I'M ALSO A MOTHER AND TRUST ME IF I HATED MY EX HUSBAND I WOULD MAKE MY KIDS HATE HIM TO, SO MAYBE IT THE WIFE WHO MAKING HIM MAD AT HIS DAUGHTER, WE WILL JUST NEVER KNOW CAUSE IT THERE LIFE AND THERE PROBLEMS, SO STAY OUT OF IT PEOPLE!!!!!!

Rachel

Well for what its worth, I'll add my few cents in as well....

I don't think it is right for anyone to judge the Dad, the Mother or the daughter here. As someone who has been in the middle of a custody battle for the last 6 years myself, I know the games that happen between everyone including the children. As for me and my house, there has been a few fits of dantrums on everyones end and who said that as adults we stop growing up? I think it is good to make mistakes and to own up to our mistakes to our children and apologize for them. Too many times, lawyers and judges step in too fast and stop the healing process that needs to happen. I think that the court system needs to back off and keep the judicial system to protect real problems of abuse. When did we give the government so much control over our children? They don't know what is best, only "us" parents know what is best for our children. We need to somehow stop pointing fingers and get it together for the sake of the little ones that after all only do what they are taught.

Nicole

Kim Basinger faces trial on 12 misdemeanor counts of criminal contempt for allegedly disregarding orders concerning Baldwin's visitation rights.

The two have been battling for custody of their only daughter since their divorce in 2002.

Yeah, I could see how he finally had a melt down after time and time again her
ditching his calls and her Mother doing her best to frustrate Dad.

Sheri

I know first hand the severe effect verbal abuse from a father can have on one’s life, and how damaging it is to one’s self-esteem.
No Father should vent his frustrations in this manner to a child. It is unfortunate that two parents are using their child as a means to get back at one another. Ultimately the one who suffers is the child. There is no excuse for Mr. Baldwin's out of control, name calling, and very abusive message he left on his daughters answer machine. NO MATTER WHAT! If we all acted out our frustrations by venting abusive words to our children the emotional damage inflicted can be devastating and leave a scar for life. Words hurt and your tongue is a powerful weapon. Do not under estimate what Mr. Baldwin said to his daughter by making excuses. If he feels his ex-wife is to blame then address it with her not by berating his daughter’s mother and lashing out by intimidation and threats. I think Mr. Baldwin should be ordered by the court to take anger management classes, and parenting classes in order to see his daughter. It will happen again if he does not learn how to control his temper. I hope this can all be worked out without creating more drama for everyone, and Alec & Kim learn a valuable lesson as parents. Best Wishes.

Ron

Whoever removed my 973 comment by Ron (not the antagonist guy w/ my name....., and 1003 . This is something that would be done by an attorney.. Me and Alec have to live through this coaching crap all the time, me everyday because I am the CUSTODIAL FATHER of my children and I raised them from 2004 to 2005 1/2 alone with 3 calls and 1 visit from their mom.. Is it fair, or convienent that my children start insulting me, harassing me, calling me jerk, loser? When she reappears? Oh yah "rich guy" who removed my comments which I have logged. They are gone people.. Some lawyer goon has probably(or hacker it runs in the ex's family.. Well I'm logging this one again... Shame on the person who would do this to guys like me and Alec.... You need your license revoked or an FBI seize of your computers.
Kids really get messed up from this coaching.. And in my case beaten.... Whoever removed 2 of my three previous comments is for you the adult "A Money Sucking Pig!" 1003 comment(its documented don't touch it) is still there... I pray I get this help, and possibly take care of a lot of you hackers and or crooked lawyers that don't give a damn about what a parent, mothers in this case poison our kids heads with......

heidihohehe

W0W! All i can say is i can't beleive that anyone no matter how frustrated they were with any sistuation would talk to a his own child(no matter what age) like that . I am at a lose for words all i can say is that Alec You can take the whole rest of your life to attempt to make that up to your child & god luck to you , but take it from one that has heard a lot worse than that from her own mother it never leaves . No matter how remorseful you may b that will remain in her mind for the rest of her life .... how sad that we think more about how we talk to the stranger at the super market than how some will speak to their children . No problem no matter the situation or the time should b spilled out to the child you love ....engage gear on brain befor the let lose the clutch on mouth always think if it takes it count to 100 .

NYORKER

i hope they do suspend his visitaion rights, that is no way to talk to a child especially if that child is not living with you and, and you are going thru a custody battle. what a jerk if he was my father i would not want anything to do with him. now i see what poor kim had to go through with this jerk. or better yet the (((((((PIG))))))) like he called his poor doughter. she must be terrified of him. she shoulf of told him to go F!@# him self. nut case. hey alec, take your pills before calling anybody.

Amanda

I can kind of understand where he's coming from.. My parents are separated and it's really hard to please both of them and stay in touch with them and we live close to each other. Parents get insulted when you don't pick up the phone for them. They think that you are doing it on purpose and that you don't want to talk to them. I think it's just a little bit messed up that people are trashing Alec Baldwin just becasue he is a father who wants to talk to his daighter and lost it a little bit. He probably doesn't get to see her half as much as most people see their kids. I also think that it's sad that this message was leaked to the public. It's actually nauseating that people are so obsessed with the lives of celebrities when they should really be straightening out their own.

bob

The using of children as weapons is unforgivable. Having had my daughter utilized for years by the poisoning influence of her custodial parent has made me particularly sensitive to Baldwin's plight. To blame is the court which responds by cutting off contact instead of recognizing that this was the intention from day one of the mother (who I have no doubt is responsible for the ILLEGAL release of the tape). There is a presumption by family courts that the custodial parent is the progenitor most capable of favoring a healthy and daily relationship between the children and the non-custodial parent. Basinger has a long history of obstruction and should be rewarded for her obstruction by losing custody immediately and not the opposite...Baldwin being now denied contact. This is an example of the court being abusively used as an instrument of the mother's hate. I have seen this happen before in cases of alienation. The extreme is false accusations. I urge everyone who does not agree to read the literature out there on Parental Alienation and you will see that the whole history of Baldwin's struggle to be a good father has been thwarted time and again by someone who shows classic symptoms of an alienator.
Read "Divorce Poison" by Dr. Richard Warshack.

Previous 15 Comments | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments