Alec Baldwin's

Threatening Message to Daughter

4/22/2007 4:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And we've learned, a family law judge was so alarmed after hearing the tape, she has temporarily barred Baldwin from having any contact with his child.

Alec Baldwin Daughter Phone Message
After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went berserk on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your ass out."

"This crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

Calls to Basinger's attorneys, celebrity lawyers Neal Hersh and Judy Bogen, were not returned.

Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, told TMZ, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have."

UPDATE: Basinger's publicist, Annette Wolfe, told TMZ: "The voicemail speaks for itself."

UPDATE: A friend of Alec Baldwin's just contacted TMZ to say that the actor called Ireland last week and apologized for his outburst. The friend added that Ireland is the most important thing in the world to Alec and that he is frustrated because over the last six years, Kim has "tried everything" to alienate Ireland from him.

UPDATE: Alec Baldwin's spokesperson released the following statement to the TV show "EXTRA": "In the best interest of the child, Alec will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order. The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order. Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years."

Georgia

All parents get angry and say things they should not, but it is VERY IRRESPONSIBLE for this to have been made public.
I am now on the side of Alex in this mess. I think this will come back and bite Kim big time.
Whats so sad is that the little girl will now have to hear this over and over again in the media and I am sure she is embrassed by this

moni

Regardless of his unfortunate outburst, no one knows what is going on behind closed doors. Mind your own business, don't apply your life experience to this situation because we are on the outside looking in and leave your judgement of him to the Lord and the family members who have to deal with whatever is really going on between them all.

Caatherine Cox

I never liked Baldwin but I'm for him to a degree. I think the judge and a thearpist need to speak with the child alone, without the mother and hearr what she has to say. She is old enough to make a decision on her own as to how she feels about her dad and if she wants to see him and when. Leave her make the decesion. All we hear is he said she said and not what the child says and after all she is the important one.

tom

I guess the daughter takes after the father if she really is a pig as he says.Ever see the pig eyes on Baldwin nowadays? Little pigs slits.This guy is such an over rated,egotistical zero.Easily 50 pounds overweight.Yeah,kids can push you pretty far alright but as you can tell from the rant life is all about HIM.Usually is with these privileged types.If he lost 50 lbs,kept his mouth shut about politics and little girl pigs and took some acting lessons mabye he'd get a decent role to play and actually be a box office draw instead of ...also starring Alec "couldn't stay married to a beautiful woman" Baldwin.Total zero.

April

He said it best himself.....he made an ass out of himself. As a child of divorce, I can only imagine how his little girl feels. What a jerk. She'll be old enough soon and then she can decide how much she has to do with him. He should probably only have surpervised visits.

Tracy

Yes, it does appear that Mr. Baldwin has been pushed to the edge while trying to maintain a relationship with his daugher. His comments were extremely inappropriate. Ms. Bassinger, however, should be ashamed of herself. Only a truly foolish parent puts their child in the middle of a messy divorce and child custody situation. It does appear that Kim B
seems to be the instigator in this mess.

Maybe a grandparent raising this girl would be the best situation for all involved.

a parent

When did it become wrong to raise your own children? What ever happened to spare not the rod? Our children are disrespectful, disobedient and totally out of control. Because of the lack of discipline, our teachers are being physically assaulted by elementary school students. Let Alec teach his daughter to be a responsible human whatever way he chooses. Kim is the one that should loose visitation rights for driving a wedge between a daughter and her father.

Thomas E

I've said worst things to my kids when they were young and at 25 and 24 years of age they are both great people. My daughter is single (no kids) and is getting married to a super young man who she say's is just like her dad and my son is a hard working guy who just started his own bussiness and would make some young lady a great husband. Mr Baldwin did the right thing jumping on that kid's a$$ after he finished he should have jump his ex's as well. All you have to do is look at the Baldwin family and look at his ex's and you know who should have that kid as a full time parent.
Thomas E

David

This kind of insanity came from a guy who complains about that Liberal Republican in the White House!
How typical of Hellywood! They point fingers at anyone who's not one of the "beautiful people," yet they themselves are a bunch of cokehead lunatics!
Let me tell you something, Baldwin! YOU ARE A NO-CLASS BASTARD!!! To say something like that to a GIRL is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! I would LOVE to have a wife and a daughter! And if I did have them, I would strive to treat them with LOVE, RESPECT and DIGNITY!
Any "man" who doesn't love his wife and kids doesn't deserve any! Baldwin, you need a swift kick in the brains! Go buy yourself a rabid pit bull!

wayne

baldwin said he was going to pack up and leave america if bush won the election ....well perhaps the child would have been better off if he had done so . he seems more than a little unstable , not the best parenting quiality . another of the "pretty people" exposed !

Monica

Alec Baldwin's verbal attack on his daughter is diplorable. He should lose visitation for two reasons. To punish him & to protect her. No child should be subjected to that, from a parent no less. He is a disgusting excuse for a father. He should lose the right. She's better off without him.
NO EXCUSES!!!! If he did it even once, then that's the kind of parent he is. A terrible one!!!!

Dan

My wife and I have met Alec a few times and both times he was a very nice person and gave no "Hollywood Attitude" I've seen him on interviews many times and he is always making everyone laugh. If any of you are divorced parents, you probably know how frustrating and resentful the whole process is, and I'm sure if Alec has a few minutes to calm down and think about what he said, he will be remorseful and aplogize. "He who casts the first stone"

Stacy

How can anyone come on here and judge another person.None of us know the real situation with this at all.If he has been put thru the same thing for 6 yrs he could have just snapped .It happens .And then theres the people that say just let her go ,what ,so then he can be called a dead beat dad?U know he is trying to be a dad and people still knock him .He can't win .Know matter what he does he will be wrong in peoples eyes.

debra

I don't think a father should ever speak to a daughter like that. He's an adult and she deserves better than that. I started crying listening to it and he wasn't even yelling at me! There are much better ways of voicing displeasure. No wonder the children of actors turn out the way they do.

KEVIN

when should a child start learning responsibility, after the learn going postal isn't a good idea?