Alec Baldwin's

Threatening Message to Daughter

4/22/2007 4:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And we've learned, a family law judge was so alarmed after hearing the tape, she has temporarily barred Baldwin from having any contact with his child.

Alec Baldwin Daughter Phone Message
After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went berserk on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your ass out."

"This crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

Calls to Basinger's attorneys, celebrity lawyers Neal Hersh and Judy Bogen, were not returned.

Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, told TMZ, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have."

UPDATE: Basinger's publicist, Annette Wolfe, told TMZ: "The voicemail speaks for itself."

UPDATE: A friend of Alec Baldwin's just contacted TMZ to say that the actor called Ireland last week and apologized for his outburst. The friend added that Ireland is the most important thing in the world to Alec and that he is frustrated because over the last six years, Kim has "tried everything" to alienate Ireland from him.

UPDATE: Alec Baldwin's spokesperson released the following statement to the TV show "EXTRA": "In the best interest of the child, Alec will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order. The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order. Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years."

Sean

All I hear is a father trying to maintain a relationship with his daughter , if he didn't care he would not keep going out of his way to call her or flying out to be talk to her in person. It's the back stabbing mother trying to turn her daughter from Alec that is the problem here. Hang in there Alec your a good man.

sheilag

I feel sorry for Mr. Baldwin, This shows he does love his daughter and he is frustrated with the ex wife. Obviously she isn't helping her daughter & must tell her rotten things about her father. As a father who is supporting her he does deserve his daughter's respect if not love

asdfghjkl;'

Spoiled or not...NO parent has a right to call a child a thoughtless little pig or to threaten in that way - He has a whole host of problems and I have to assume its men out there that are defending him. This is totally unacceptable, he made his bed let the heathenist pig lay in it. You go Kim! at least one of you is looking out for the child.

Jamie

Baldwin clearly crossed the line.

Although some of you liberal inept parents agree with him, if I were that girl, I'd run away from home and nobody would blame me because I'd be afraid he would kill me.

What, for maybe falling asleep and not answering the phone, or maybe not answering it because you know the lunatic is on the other end?

Nope, I'd never want to see that jerk again without a body guard!

D.L.

Once again the courts are sticking their nose where it doesn't belong...So he got upset with his daughter...We've all done that...They're thinking of permanantly keeping this man from his child..I see common sense isn't a requirement to be a judge...Give me a break..Kids need that every so often to show them we're not their friends, & they need to be respectful & accountable for their actions...They need to be "SCARED STRAIGHT". It's better to come from a parent that a cellmate or a pimp...He's frustrated that her mom (that no talented has been) has been screwing him for the past 6 years...She's probably telling the child things about her father as most women do to keep them from a great relationship...I think the courts should go after her to make sure that she is fit to raise that child...To wait until May for a court date to see your child is ridiculous..There was no harm done...This just shows that men ALWAYS get a raw deal when it comes to family court...

Jaime

It doesn't take a psychology major to see that he is talking to Kim, not his daughter. His daughter has vanished in this whole war. Kim probably didn't answer his phone calls either during his months and perhaps years of stalking and abusing. He's nothing but a bully and I'm glad his infernal angry voice has been posted for everyone to hear. My only hope is that he's vain enough to listen to that voice over and over again....it may be his only chance of learning something about himself

BElle

No one in his right mind talks that way to an eleven year old child. Parents should protect, not tear down their children. His treatment will stay in her mind for all time; she remembers a father who indulges in evil rants, not one who cares about her happiness and welfare.

PAT

His right, the kids today are spoiled to death, she should have more respect for him, his flying to California every weekend to see her she should have her phone on when she knows his going to call. So he lost it I would too. Shes the love of his like,Dont worry Alex, this too shall pass.

Don

While I agree that it is OK for a parent to discipline thier child, and that includes spanking (not beating) when the situation warrants it, it is NOT OK to speak to your child in the manner Mr. Baldwin did REGARDLESS of the circumstances. A child will get over a disciplinary spanking long before she will get over verbal abuse, especially of the kind provided so lovingly by Mr. Baldwin. He sounds like a spoiled celebrity incapable of putting the needs of his child before his own. I don't follow news reports of the private lives of celebrities, so I have no knowledge of what has been going on between the parents, but after hearing this, I don't feel that Mr. Baldwin should be able to see his child until after he has seen a counselor.

donald

What is so sad is that two adults choose to continue a pathetic ego driven pissing contest at the expense of a child. Both should be placed on serious warning regarding their parental rights until they become responsible adults who first consider the welfare of the child over their self serving dysfunctionality.

bridgit32

This a crazy, he was obviously hurt and lashed out, no one can say honesty that they have never been hurt enough that they said thing that they later regretted. For a judge to suspended his visits is wrong. This is what is wrong with our country today.....parent are no longer allowed to punish there kids.

KimL

WHAT
AN
A**HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Completely unacceptable

C. Rainwater

Alec Baldwin's tirade was NOT a "frustrated" parent yelling at their child. It was an abusive hateful verbal assault. I would feel quite alarmed and threatened by anyone speaking to me in that tone of voice and I am older than that CHILD by a factor of four. I have seen several recordings of Mr. Baldwin losing control of himself. Kim Bassinger is justified in doing whatever it takes to protect her daughter from that man's assaults.

genia

Hey Alec
there are a lot of us out here that support you. your ex is talentless mailicious bitch with obvious emotional problems who takes joy in publicly and privately trying to malign you. As Ireland gets older it will only be a matter of time before she clearly will see her mother for what she is and what she has done.
You've done nothing wrong.
I'm with you!

Erica

Alec has been put through hell by his ex-wife. She has brainwashed the daughter not to respond to him. I'm sure she is happy that he finally snapped. Although the language wasn't kind, he loves his daughter
and is frustrated by what his ex has put him through to maintain his father-daughter relationship.