Alec Baldwin's

Threatening Message to Daughter

4/22/2007 4:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And we've learned, a family law judge was so alarmed after hearing the tape, she has temporarily barred Baldwin from having any contact with his child.

Alec Baldwin Daughter Phone Message
After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went berserk on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your ass out."

"This crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

Calls to Basinger's attorneys, celebrity lawyers Neal Hersh and Judy Bogen, were not returned.

Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, told TMZ, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have."

UPDATE: Basinger's publicist, Annette Wolfe, told TMZ: "The voicemail speaks for itself."

UPDATE: A friend of Alec Baldwin's just contacted TMZ to say that the actor called Ireland last week and apologized for his outburst. The friend added that Ireland is the most important thing in the world to Alec and that he is frustrated because over the last six years, Kim has "tried everything" to alienate Ireland from him.

UPDATE: Alec Baldwin's spokesperson released the following statement to the TV show "EXTRA": "In the best interest of the child, Alec will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order. The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order. Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years."

pat

This mother should be as ashamed of making this public as the father should be of saying it. Putting the remarks in the public eye is like branding the remark on the child forever. What could have been worked through and likely forgotten is now public knowledge and will be a constant hurt and an embarrassment to this child forever. BE ASHAMED... BOTH OF YOU.

Verum

This is an eleven year old CHILD. No child deserves to be called a little pig, to be told told she doesn't have the brains or decency of a human being, to be threatened by one of the two most important people in her life, her Dad. Alec Baldwin doesn't deserve a pass on this one, folks. Think of the example he is setting for this child. He crossed the line when he became verbally abusive. He should grow up and start acting like an adult. His daughter deserves better.

Elizabeth

I cannot believe people are excusing Alec Baldwin's reprehensible treatment of his daughter. I have no doubt this abusive phone call is just the tip of the iceberg. The man is obviously unstable and potentially dangerous. The judge should deny him visitation rights. At the very least, Alec should not be permitted to call his daughter. If he is allowed visitation, it should be under close supervision. I don't care what Alec Baldwin has been through over the past six years; he has no business taking his anger and frustrations out on his poor daughter. Ireland is the victim -- not Alec Baldwin. Abusers always blame somebody else for their rotten behavior. Alec, you are a poor excuse for a father and a human being. Grow up and take responsibility for YOUR abuse of Ireland.

friend of the family

And here's the other side of the coin: most angry unfit mothers do what Kim Basinger is doing, using the ONLY POWER SHE HAS, which is to manipulate the child away from the father. It is so obvious that Alec, who loves his daughter beyind anything in this world, has been driven from her by Kim, because that is Kim's only power in the situation. She has made Alec look bad over and over, and what Alec is responding to is the success of her ability to manipulate his own daughter to align with her mother against her father. He's right, Ireland, does need to be straightened out, but his pain got the better of him and I think he would admit that he regrets trying to do so over the phone. But there is a point at which, when you are kept away from your children and the only recourse you have is to contact them by phone, that the frustration and powerlessness is overwhelming and the worst pain imaginable. Alec is responding to having his daughter taken away from him. They all need ot be in couseling with a third party who has the child's best interest in mind, because Kim does NOT. Just because she is successful at pitting Ireland against her own father does not mean it is the best thing for Ireland. I don't think Kim is able to straighten this out, nor for that matter, at this point, can Alec, because he has been made to be the bad guy. he wasn't right to express this to Ireland, and I assure you, he knows that. But the options he has are so limited. Imagine- the only time you get to speak to your child is once a week at a certain time, by PHONE. And, his ex wife has no integrity whatsoever, and is there taping his phone calls for immediate release to the public, instead of trying to work it out so that Ireland has a Daddy. That is disgusting. Shame on her. Alec is the Daddy and has rights. All that is happening is that the poor little girl is under the influence of her mother, and that has resulted in the complete alienation of her own father. This sucks, and many people are going through it. Alec has the right to be angry.

Vesta

I think that at 11 years old she should well know what it means to hurt a parents feelings. Some children are mean and nasty and she's probably doing it mostly because of her mother. Every kid has been yelled at, BIG DEAL. It's not like he hit her. He loves his duaghter very much, just as her mother does. But being a good mom she should realize all kids need to see both parents euqally, as long as both love and support the child. I think it's a real shame this is public, yelling at children is common. If parents talk to their kids like their angles all the time they won't respect them and they simply won't care. Life is tough get over it.

Car Bizz Boss

Ya know.....kids today have little or no respect for authority and i'm sure a daughter of 2 actors is more spoiled than the run-of-the-mill kids. The reason there is rampant gang problems, kids on drugs, high drop-out rate, and more white-collar type crimes by teens is that there is no discipline for fear that we as parents will be disciplined by the moronic powers that be......we baby-boomers had spankings and discipline for crying out loud...are we irreperably harmed ??? NO!!! Pacifisistic parents...get over yourselves....

Barbara Levine

Alec Baldwin was CORRECT in speaking to his daughter that way. She deserves
worse. That is a father's responsibility. I am 78 years old and have children and
grandchildren. The trouble is parents don't know how to bring up children today.
A pity that he will bear the blame!

wisppa1

My God, the thought of a father yelling at his child! What's worse is a man yelling at his ex who obviously isn't a thoughtful responsible parent! I for one believe a little Chinese justice is at hand. Mr. Baldwin should be taken out to the shed and beheaded for his crime !! As for the family court judge, he should be raised high on a pedestal, bronzed in a statuesque pose with a plaque that reads, "For the rights of children everywhere who believe in showing no respect for their parents". Anotherwords......NOT !!! Anyone who thinks this is right or fair needs to be examined for mental illness, not the other way around. Seriously, Baldwin acted wrong, but should no way be punished to this extreme. Mistakes are human nature. Learning from those mistakes are what life is all about. I'm sure he has learned. Leave the man alone and for those that think this is BIG news....GET A LIFE !!!

chimera

My son is 25 and I still say things to him like that when he makes me mad. I can't believe that this is going on. I mean when did it become against the law to spank your kid? This is a kid that is making her father work time (like they all do at that age) with a mother that is not helping the situation. The Parent(s) need to grow up, but this child also sounds like an inconsiderate brat. I think that if she answered her phone when she was supposed to (this sounds like a weekly arrangement), and be ready to go when her father gets there this all could have been avoided. It is a bit of her mother's responsibility to make sure that the kid is ready and taking the phone calls and on time for all visitation.

Kelli

You know I have mixed feelings about this. First of all, what is this private phone recording doing out in public? What are they thinking? What are we thinking? It's bad enough he lost it all over his daughter...but no CARING mother would or should ever allow this to be broadcast. That tells me Mom is much more concerned with Mom than with daughter...so I feel really angry both at the mother for airing her dirty laundry in public and at the media for pouncing on it like a pack of hungry wolves. So, why did I listen to it? Because I had a very tempestous father and remember all too well what it felt like to be on the receiving end of his rage-filled diatribes. To this day, I suffer from low self esteem and an inability to trust men because of his wildly unpredictable personality. I feel badly for his daugther - that stuff is scary and really can leave marks...for real. But on the other hand...at least her father cares enough to get angry when she cuts him out of her life. Although I do not feel much of what he said should be said to an 11 year old girl (those parts should have been saved for his therapist) I do feel he was expressing important feelings to her and kind of admire his attempt to be honest and to get her attention. I hope he gets some anger management help, though. I think he is a hilarious, terrific actor but obviously a real hot head.

For what is' worth - my advice? STOP HURTING EACH OTHER - it will never bring you the love and acceptance you are so wanting from each other. Don't give up on each other...you are all just hurt and scared and really, really angry. That's human and no matter what has happened....it CAN be worked out. Work it out...for that fragile human being you both love...work it out!!!!

Joann

Well, lets remember Ballwin is an actor, so he is very comfortable with drama. This is nothing more than an adult temper tantrum because he isn't getting his way. I am married to a man who is exactly like this, and it's always one drama or another. One temper tantrum or another. My guess is whatever Ballwin wants, as soon as he gets it he will move on to the new problem to complain and have a fit about. There is never any winning with this type of person. Unfortunately it's a long road for the children when they have a parent who acts like this. In the end it's the children who end up dealing with issues created by a childish drama queen or in this case king parent. He will never have a close loving relationship with his children, yes they will love him, he is thier father, but they will never be truly close to him. He will have no one but himself to blame for that, although in true fashion he will always blame thier mother! Of course his fits are never his problem, it's always got to be someone elses fault!

Pam

I'm in agreement that Mr. Baldwin needs to apologize heavily to his daughter for losing his temper, and I don't know the man personally, so maybe he does need anger management. But speaking as a mother of four, two of which are teens, which, by the way starts at around age 10 these days, I can say from experience that when we first become parents we want to be the perfect parents, and never raise our voices to our kids ,but after a few years of experience and dealing with mouthy kids who are trying hard to defy everything you do and say, which is natural, you start to sometimes lose your cool about things...it's not necessarily right, but that doesn't make us all child-abusers. We all can only do the best that we can do, and it sounds like Mr. Baldwin just got frustrated with the situation and that's it. The fact that he called back and apologized stands for a lot. Don't just write him off as a terrible person because he lost his temper...it that were the case , none of us would have custody of our kids. We're only human. Let's focus more on the real abusers out there and help the kids who really are in danger!!

johnny

I see no problem in the way Alex responded. The name calling at the end maybe a bit too much , but still not too disturbing. I say let a father be a father and if he's daughter is not being respectful to him ,then yea he should "go off" . I gave my son a phone and when he wont answer it sometime I trip, but not the name calling thing. For those people who think Alex over reacted or is a mean parent , youjust dont get it. If you allow a child to be disrespectful to a parent , then the rest of the world dont even stand a chance. It is important to him that she repect him , his word and that he can trust her to be there when he ask her to .

teresa

I can not believe that some of the post on here are actually defending this jerk. People this is an 11 YEAR OLD CHILD He called her a pig among other horrible things. What kind of parent talks to his child this way. That message was way too harsh. He needs to be watched as far as his spending time with this child, If he has problems with the mother then ok but never never do you take this stuff out on your child. Again she is 11YEARS OLD. Alec Baldwin you should be ashamed of yourself. That is your little girl, your child what were you thinking leaving a message like that.

Kim

I don't feel Alec is 100% wrong. If more parents today demanded respect, we probably wouldn't have so much chaos with young people. We do not know the situation between him and Kim. Obviously there is alot of anger and resentment between the two. She obviously leaked this tape to make her look like the good parent, but when you put the child in the middle and use them as a pawn in this situation it only makes it harder on the child. Not wanting to make this accusation, but Ireland is probably going to be a future alcohol or drug addict. The only thing he did was let his feelings get the best of him and he reacted. It hurts when you are a parent and you are trying, but everyone is against you. Kim needs to grow up and let Alec and Ireland have a father/daughter relationship. Alec needs some anger management classes just to be able to learn when to pull away when he gets explosive. And Ireland should get counseling. Both parents need not to talk about one another in front of Ireland. All of this is gonna cuase your child to rebel against the both of them when she gets older.