Fantasia Barrino

is a Hot Mess!

4/23/2007 3:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fantasia BarrinoPlaying Miss Celie in "The Color Purple" is causing Fantasia Barrino to bare more than just her soul!

The Season Three "American Idol" winner arrived to the musical's after-party on Sunday dressed in a trash-tastic, skin-tight, green, leopard print dress. Maybe she was headed to a "Flavor of Love" casting?

Fantasia may be starring on Broadway, but decked out in this hoochie mama ensemble, she looks more appropriate for Times Square! Need a date?

Frankie Hoge

"''POST #63""
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE...TMZ IS NOW AS SLEAZY AND TRASHY AS ANY TABLOID IN THE BUSINESS....IT NOW DOES ALL IT CAN TO CAUSE HURT AND PAIN.....THIS IS NOT NEWS !!!
TMZ HAS DONE THIS TO SO MANY LATELY, THAT IT'S NO LONGER ANY SOURCE FOR NEWS...IT'S ALL ABOUT... SHOCK, ATTACK, AND INSULT....
SHE MAY NOT BE DRESSED AS SHE SHOULD BE, BUT SHE DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE ATTACKED BY EVERYONE...IT'S LIKE A SOURCE OF RAGE FOR THE SICKOS HERE......
IS THERE ANYONE ....WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE COWARD $TERN.?..THAT THEY HAVEN'T PUT UP FOR RIDICULE ????
YOU DO NEED TO GO TO SOMEONE FOR THAT MAKE-OVER....THEN, TELL EVERYONE TO KISS YOUR ASS AND KEEP ON GOING ON.........WORDS HURT... BUT THEY CAN ONLY HURT YOU... IF YOU LET THEM !!!!!!!!""""IGNORE....IGNORE....."""" OR BETTER YET...GET AN ATTORNEY AND TMZ WILL BACK OFF IN A NEW YORK MINUTE...LIKE THEY DID""""COWARD"""" !!!!!!!!

Roxanne Wood

OK, I have to go there...TMZ is not a sleavy tabloid mag. Why do you (gen. public) give a rats azz if a celebrity's feelings are hurt. These kids get paid tons of $$ for very little output. I appreciate TMZ for informing me of who is out doing dirt and doesn't deserve my family's $$. I am sorry but I can think of other folks to shed my tears, energy and concern on beside Paris Hilton or Brittney Spears. These girls are selfish pigs and deserve a father like Alec Baldwin to set them straight. I say keep on reporting TMZ! Do yo thang!@

SUPER-ficial

#67 Perhaps you forgot your medication today

marmar007

#14 I bet you can't SIT her either! "Crawl in a hole and go away?" Sounds like you've had too much HATERADE! Check yourself before you wreck yourself(OG)!

Tommy Dreamer

if that dress was any shorter she would be pulling a britney.

bee

Fantasia is a very talented young girl. She has appeared BUCKWILD from day one It seems that no one has taken her aside to "groom" her for her career....or perhaps someone has done this, and she was not appreciative of their advice....probably told them to GO TO HELL,etc.

As far as the comments about GHETTO style...please! Iam not from the ghetto but over the years I have had friends who were born there, lived there , and some who are even still living there, If you were to meet them you would agree that they are extremely classy.....and yes, even intelligent-----no ebonics intended. Lesson for today: Many successful and wealthy people come from the ghetto, but it does not DEFINE them .....If anything, it has encouraged them to seek the best.

Kathy

NEW YORK #58

No thanks! I would not want to be in her shoes! Money doesn't buy happiness or morals. My husband and I may not have a ton of money, but at least my 4 children know they have parents who love then unconditionally. I would never walk out on the streets looking like a hooker! Fantasia has no class, beauty or morals. She needs to put some clothes on and act like a mother! And NO this bitch can't sing! Yeah, Yeah, Yeahhhhh! YOu call that singing? My beagle sounds better than that!

I also hate to inform you , but you need to pay better attention in English class because you are seriously lacking some of those skills! Just a suggestion!!

can't believe this

MY GOD THAT IS DISCUSTING!!!

SHE NEEDS TO LOOSE 100POUNDS, HAVE A NOSE JOB, GROW SOME HAIR AND DO LIGHTEN HER SKIN SO SHE CAN LOOK NORMAL.

bECAUSE SHE IS ONE ULGY HO HO HO!!!

I TOLD YOU HOWARD IS THE ONLY ONE ACTING WITH DIGNITY IN THIS MESS

She has no sense of ridiculous at all. That dress seems like a costume for Jane in the movie Tarzan.

nia

The phrase "you can take a girl out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl" is hilarious & true.

At least when the original poster wrote it he/she put down "neighborhood" instead of "ghetto".
I've heard countless people say this..but oh wait they were black. I guess we can't say the same things as black people..oh shucks..

they should change it to "you can take the gorilla out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of a gorilla"

=) & no, i am NOT white.

shemara

I used to be one of Fantasia's biggest fans until she started dressing like a slut. Her clothes are too tight even when she performs on stage. She wears clothes that are not at all for her body. Those strapless dresses and splits are too much. She came out saying how she had to struggle and how she didn't have this and that and she is still acting and dressing like a hood rat. Like someone said, you can take the person out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the person. With the money that she is making now, there is no excuse for how she looks. her best look was when she won American idol, now she looks as if she is back in projects in North Carolina. Like I've said, I was in her corner until now...I am very disappointed in how she is looking and acting. I know she looks in the mirror. She is a hot mess.

shemara

To post # 37 and # 39 Stefanie,

The only way you can admire Fantasia in the way that she acts now is the person has to be able to relate. Evidently you understand her totally. Fantasia is not stupid, she is just comfortable being who she is. She started out wanting to better herself and found out that being classy and intelligent wasn't as much fun for her. She is comfortable being with the hood boy and acting like a slut. She is a mother and she should be trying to teach her daughter not to travel the road that she was on but the way she looks and acts now, I hate to say that there is no role model in Fantasia. I don't think she is ugly but her actions doesn't help her looks at all. Her CD did not sale like the first one because no wants to hear that hood mess but the hood rats. Yes, I said it and I meant every word. Fantasia will not be around much longer with that career if she doesn't clean up her act.

shemara

Post # 69 I totally agree with you but I have friends in the ghetto now and they have class and respect, just can't afford any more than they have. The problem is...it is not the place you live, but how you act. Fantasia has not changed her actions at all since she has gained her fame. It is not about jealousy or being better it is about noticing a girl that was so desperate to have more for her daughter because she didn't have the opportunity. Well the public gave her that opportunity and look out what a mess she has turned out to be. She can do better, I have seen her look and act better but like I've said before this is her comfort zone. Maybe one day (hopefully before it is too late) she will wake up and smell the coffee. She will not get a decent man out her to really love her because she looks and dresses like a whore.

oneonlydesire

WHAT

Kathy

Fantansia does not have nice thighs #78! Why pull the race card? Whether it's Fantasia or Britney Spears, I don't want my daughters to use them as role models. You don't need to be black or white to be a skanky whore! It's people like you that keep the racism going in world. Get over it!!