Fantasia Barrino

is a Hot Mess!

4/23/2007 3:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fantasia BarrinoPlaying Miss Celie in "The Color Purple" is causing Fantasia Barrino to bare more than just her soul!

The Season Three "American Idol" winner arrived to the musical's after-party on Sunday dressed in a trash-tastic, skin-tight, green, leopard print dress. Maybe she was headed to a "Flavor of Love" casting?

Fantasia may be starring on Broadway, but decked out in this hoochie mama ensemble, she looks more appropriate for Times Square! Need a date?

Tami

Fantasia, you have a beautiful singing voice, but need someone to dress you. That dress is a mess. In the future, I hope your style of dress is better.

Empathy Matters

I have great admiration for this girl and I hope someone can help her in the wardrobe department.

El Magnifico

bad photo...even worse: funky dress... but the Woman isn't Ugly. Far from that...she is Gorgeous. brijett is 100% right, she needs a Stylist to make the Sexy in her look HOT not whooch....chi. Continued success to you, mi Amore, you are wondeful!
El Magnifico

oneonlydesire

to#79 hootchie mama and ghetto mess is already racist. i never heard her say she wanted to be a role model. how she raises her daughter is her business. you need to be a role model to your daughters. you're judging her w/o even knowing her. my god she is going to a party. i am just calling it as i see it.it is a known fact that race plays a part in what is appropiate and not and 9 out of 10 times it's not what the black people wear. get a grip it's suppose to be the land of the free and she is free to dress how she wants. your stupid ass is not paying for her clothes. m....f....

christy

she' great-her manager is at fault for not dressing her right. She's a hell of a singer and a hell of a woman.

allison

Not a good day for fantasia, she does not need to dress like that. If she sits down can you imagine the view? Hopefully some one on her team will give her some advise,she is still young and knew to the biz so we will give her that.

Dyanna

Well it not like she can buy any class and good taste. She has looked like a tramp from day one.

Dee

To Kathy, # 14, that was not nice, I detect a little jealousey here, and besides, when you are poor and have children and no Daddy to help, you do what you have to do to make it, and use your God given talents to pave the way. Until you have walked in her shoes, don't knock it. I have been there, I felt her pain. Be careful what you say about people, you could very well end up in worst shape than they are.

Dyanna

I just had to make a second comment after reading through more of the other comments.
First off, I dont think she is all that talented. I dont know what her first CD was about, but the second is nothing I would listen to if it was given to me FREE. She dressed terribly. Has no class and carries herself as if she is still very much connected with "the hood". Being a black female myself I would feel comfortable saying , "She is NO role model for any young female."
She came out with the "sob story" of how she had a baby at a young age - something about her not being able to read followed and everything was blamed on her being a young mother. WHO CARES!? Plenty of young mothers continue on with their education and learn how to read. Thats no excuse . . . thats just sorry of her. . . .

lpetrou

She was trash when she lived in HIgh Point and she still is trash. She has learned nothing and has done nothing to improve herself. Trash tells.

Dustee

I'm not particularly a fan of Ms Fantasia's voice but she is talented. When she makes songs like 'hood boy' and 'baby mama', it reminds me of someone that's straight out of the ghetto (hood). She really should think about getting someone to dress her, because her ghetto fabulous style is not working. She has a beautiful figure and they could do something fantasitic with that to make her look great.

Wishing Fantasia the all the best, she deserves it!

annab

GOOD LORD!!!! SOMEONE HELP THIS GIRL! I WISH SHE WOULD GET A REAL HAIRCUT SO SHE WOULD STOP LOOKING LIKE A PIMPLE!!!!!!!!

I THINK THAT WAS SOMEONE ELSE'S DRESS. SOMEONE ABOUT 3 SIZES SMALLER THAN HER!

m algore

Just another ghetto rat. Nothing new here. Just wait, it will get worse.

sunshine

Can I have my skin back pleaseee... I didn't die for this!!!! Lolllll

Tricia

I love Fantasia. Contrary to a couple of remarks here, she CAN sing and has already been nominated for multiple Grammys. But, as much as I love her, I have to say she has NEVER been a great dresser. She really needs a stylist and could stand to tone up (as most of us could). Anyway, as someone said... no matter what a person wears not everyone is going to like it, so even if she gets a stylist (or a new one if she already has one), she'll probably land on this site again for another Fugly-Fashion infraction. :)