Beyonce Takes Cover, Yanks Album

4/25/2007 1:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

BeyonceBeyoncé is pulling her album "B'Day - Deluxe Edition" amidst a lawsuit that claims the singer recorded someone else's song without permission, MTV is reporting. Check out our story from last week to hear both songs.

The song in question, "Still in Love (Kissing You)," was originally recorded by Des'ree under the title "I'm Kissing You." Beyoncé's camp tried to obtain permission to re-record the song, but when talks failed, the lawsuit claims that Beyoncé went ahead with it anyway. No one tells Beyoncé what she can and cannot do ... except maybe a federal court!

MTV says the singer and her label have agreed to stop distributing the albums and an accompanying music video DVD that include the song -- at least until a preliminary injunction hearing on May 4.

Beyoncé explained to MTV earlier this year that the song wasn't originally intended for the album. "It was one of my all-time favorite songs," she said. "So I just did it for myself -- a lot of songs, I do like that -- and I let people hear it and they were like, 'You are crazy, you have to put it on the album.' So I did. It was a last-minute decision." A last-minute decision that got her sued!

Calls to Beyoncé's record label reps were not immediately returned.

Natalie

You can take the girl out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl!
Low class, cheap.....

joe

ITS NOT THE ENTERTAINER OR THE PERSONALITY ITS THE HANDLERS THE LAWYERS THE PUBLICITY AGENTS. THEY CAN KILL A TALENT FASTER THEN LOADED GUN.SHE DOES WHAT THEY TELL HER. NOW SHE HAS THE EMBARRASMENT OF THIS ALBUM. SHE HAS TALENT AND BEAUTY NOW JUST IF SHE GETS SOME COMMON SCENCE SHE WILL BE FINE

joe

SORRY IN THE ABOVE COMMENT SENSE WAS MISPELLED .IF IM TALKING ABOUT COMMON SENSE I MIGHT AS WELL SPELL IT RIGHT.

Hotgril

Nothing suprise me any more, Beyonce's has gotten the "BIG HEAD...." . My dear sister you are not above the law I hope you have to pay out millions of dollar for putting your name on something that you have no right too. Ask dear mom for some advice she has all the answers. by the way how is your father doing after you all kick him out of the game. Beyonce's just a little advice no matter where you go or how big you get, don't ever forget where you come from ore where you have been. You should keep in touch with Uncle L---- and family member in Alabama or have you gotten so big you just forgot about us all.
Family

Hotgril

I used to be a big fan of Beyonce's but after the breakup of Destiny I have no respect for her. She is over rated. What up with all that weave , did she get with Micheal Jackson for her make-up. (too light). She is performing and dressing like a two dollar whore. One word of advice Ms Beyonce's we the fans made you and we can break you. Do the right thing and pay Des'ree for her song, you know you can't ever write a song like that. you are nothing but a rich "GHETTO BITCH" trying to pull of something "BIG". stop listening to your mommy. Dear mom need a lot of tips on designing your clothing she dressing you like a first class "WHORE". everyone is laughing behind your back that include you man "Jay-Z . One word of advice "GIVE UP THE MILLIONS"

Rhino in Vegas

Beyonce' if u are reading this, remember your fans all love you and support you in every way possible. I think you are a very beautiful woman who grows more beautiful everyday, inside and out. By looking at your mom Tina, we all know you will grow more beautiful and timeless with age. Your voice is very unique and also gets better with each passing day. You set the standard for beauty, grace, class and elegance. You've given Hollywood a brand new standard of beauty- sexy, black and with an hourglass figure that put those stick skinny white women to shame. Because of you and J. Lo, white women across the globe are standing in the plastic surgeon's line, to get an ass like that. Even Jessica Biel and Jessica Simpson jumped on the bandwagon. That type of body image gives average women a boost of self confidence in a world where throwing up your food is considered a daily ritual. I say coodos to you and that sexy swimsuit magazine cover. I was so tired of seeing those skeletal frames of so called supermodels who look like they're shooting heroin or using cocaine which they usually do! God bless you and your man, for you two are the true power couple, not Tom and Kate!

Just my opinion

I used to love Beyonce and wanted to be just like her, but she lied to her fans. Why should I give my hard-earned money for a CD or concert ticket and she doesn't even take the time to write the songs she claims to have written?

On her album jacket liners she put her name first as songwriter for:
Resentment,
Irreplaceable,
Listen
Still in Love (Kissing You)
Amazing Grace
Silent Night

But the truth is:
Victoria Beckham sang "Resentment" in 2004 (even she did not write the song)
NeYo wrote "Irreplacable"
Des'ree wrote "I'm Kissing You" (just watch Rome & Juliet w/Leo DeCaprio)
And the Oscars told the world she didn't write "Listen" (she contributed a very small part - 3 other people wrote that song)
Amazing Grace was out before she was born, Get Real!
Silent Night - oh yes people, she actually put her name down as songwriter for SILENT NIGHT!

angel46

Is that really her?? Are those radio antennas on her ears??

What the fck??!?!?!

Sorry girl! But you arent above the law. Hope u get served!

Campaign for CRAZY!

this is just a publicity stunt. she knows that she can settle for 150,000 and in the mean time people will be talking about it, wanting to hear her version and see the video. Haven't you noticed that of all the videos that were "leaked" that the "kissing you" video wasn't one of them? Beyonce and her team are not idiots...slimey assholes maybe, but NOT idiots...

Just my opinion

Des’ree has such a beautiful song, but Beyonce changed the title added a few different lyrics then list her name first as songwriter. And she added Des’ree’s name as a ‘co-writer’ to a song that Des'ree wrote, recorded and made popular in the 90s.

I wonder why the REAL writers of ‘Resentment’ allowed Bey to record and list her name first as song writer to their song? Victoria Beckham performed that song in 2004.

And this isn't the first time Beyonce has done this - its just the first time she was caught.

jill

is she kidding? what an idiot! did she not realize that she was deliberately stealing someone elses work? you cant just make a decision like that without the company's knowing. whose working there?don't they have a legal dept??

monica

She is entirely too talented to get caught up in stuff like this! She should have done the right thing and whomever okayed this release is very very dumb! This is clearly a rip off of the original and there is no way around the fact that Beyonce was in negotiations and when it fell-threw, decided to put it on her album anyway. Not a smart decision...this is going to cost her some serious cash...cash that she can easily afford of course, but I still love ya Beyonce!

Just my opinion

Beyonce has gotten progressively lighter with each new album. She's on the Michael Jackson route to looking as bright light as possible to 'shine' in front of the cameras.

And her weave gets longer and longer with each photo - pretty soon it will take over her entire body.

concerned citizen

I hope she gets sued for a lot of money! She and her managers know better than that!

SnappyG, She is using the Wrong foundation. Not a very good make-up artist.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments