Spidey Sensitive? Tobey Slaps Photog

4/27/2007 3:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He may be "Spider-Man," but Tobey Maguire did his best impression of the Hulk when he smacked a camera out of the hand of a fan who got too close. Tobey smash!

Maguire was headed back to his hotel in Paris when the fan, who was walking right alongside him, held the camera in front of Tobey's face to snap a pic. Tobey's spidey sense immediately kicked in -- and he swatted the camera to the ground -- you can clearly hear it bounce on the sidewalk.

Chill, Spidey.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

know it all

If you watch closely you'll see the "fan" (who's probably going to sell that picture) stepped on Toby's foot or kicked his leg. Toby looks down like that's what happened. The "fan" didn't act like a fan, he wasn't smiling or saying: "OH MY GOD, I LOVE YOU, CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH !?! PLEASE, CAN I GET YOUR PICTURE FOR MY SPIDERMAN SCRAPBOOK ?!?"
To me, he looked like me at my job... just get it done, no matter who you step on.
This was not a fan.

Pat

OMG TOBEY SLAPPED A CAMERA OUT OF A FAN'S HAND! THAT TOTALLY MAKES HIM A JERKOFF!

Are you kidding me, the guy rudely put the camera in is face, when Tobey asked him to not touch him. Were all human, and were prone to outbursts!

nvarner

you guys should check this out

Faith

Maybe the fan didn't ask for a picture because he doesn't know how to speak english? This is in Paris, correct?

shortcake

The way this world has become I blame the Photog for acting like he really needed the picture of Tobey. No matter who you are and where you find yourself nowadays, you have to watch as well as pray. Sometime we as human beings just don't want to be bothered.

Mike D

Posts 1-5. You are obviously out of touch with reality. As a celeb, this is pretty much part of your job/publicity.
If you don't like stuff like this, then don't be an actor/singer/pro athlete. Yeah, the photog seemed to be a bit pushy, but Tobey had no reason to smack the camera out of his hand.
Whether or not Tobey was 100% in the right, little videos like this can ruin a celeb's career. It makes me not want to see anymore movies he stars in.

jessica

That photographer deserved it..Tobey Maguire did say to leave him alone....and he didnt...that is what probably got him mad...nobody should be mad at him but it is one of your fans so the least thing u can say is can u please leave...;.and we dont know the whole story...so we cant say anything

Toadey Maguire

Tobey is an overated actor who has no appreciation for his fans.
When the Spiderman movies are all done we will all be saying Tobey who?
He should have had to pay for any damage to this fan's camera.

I am quite amazed that this fan actually waited to try and get him again after being assaulted.
Tobey's manager must have told him to sign and take a picture for this fan to avoid a lawsuit.
Absolutely no class.