Paula Abdul -- Consumer Confuser

4/28/2007 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained video that aired Friday on QVC, and it seems that "Idol" judge Paula Abdul was having a little trouble expressing herself. Tongue-tied?

Abdul was attempting to promote her jewelry line, and seemed quite confused as to what the hell she was talking about.

Liz

No one at Idol or QVC cares if she is drugged up. Just like Anna Nicole, as long as she brings the ratings and money in she can overdose and no one will care.

I noticed when she screws up bad she likes to break into a dance in her chair. It's as if it will distract from or excuse her odd behavior.

It's embarrassing to watch her, which is pretty pathetic. When people wince and are embarrassed for you it's time to find a new career.

teeks

This is for all of those people who are DEFENDING Paula. I have a chronic disease called peripheral neuropathy that causes constant severe pain. When the pain is really bad I have to take prescription painkillers for it. BUT, I have been taking them for years now, so my body is used to them, I don't get 'high' or loopy from them anymore. They just releive the pain. No one around me can EVER tell I am taking them. So the excuse that Paula is having pain, is BS. If she was having pain for years as you all say, the painkillers would have stopped making her slur and be loopy, she'd be adjusted to them. Paula is obviously taking a much higher dose of painkillers than prescribed, or she is on some other drug, or alcohol. There's no excuse for the way she is acting.

p1tey1

What if Paula really does have a disease that she's not disclosing to the public? Like Parkinson's?

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt until I learn otherwise. I think everyone else should too.

Your'e Fired!

................"IF" she isn't HIGH, Its time for an MRI.....................Locate that brain tumer fast!

Your'e Fired!

Tumor.....tumor.....tumor......:-)

christy

I agree with everyone who says that she is taking some kind of drug - recreational or prescribed. Yes, she's acts goofy sometimes, but in this clip she definitely has some kind of drug in her body. I'm surprised that QVC allowed her to go on air in that condition. Kudos to the hostess for playing along with it - she deserves a huge bonus.

sissy

WELL MAYBE SHE IS TAKING SOMETHING FOR PAIN AND MAYBE SHES VERY PILED UP..SO TO SPEAK..NOT TO BE MEAN BUT..AFTER VIEWING THE VIDEO ON TMZ...IF SHE HAD A SKANKY DRESS ON..AND FLIRTED ABIT MORE..WITH BLOND HAIR..SHED BE AN OTHER ANNA NICOLE SMITH!!DONT YA'LL THINK??HMMMMM I WONDER.....

Lisa Marie Wiliams

To: #47 #48 #49 What cold hearted bitch's (bastard, whatever) To: # 49 Same to you and I've been on pain medication for years too and I understand about the body's addapting to high levels of the med.'s too, but that gives you NO RIGHT to come down on ANYONE whether that's their illness on not. Just who do you think you are? None of you even know for sure what's going on with her and if you'd read my comment # 40 maybe you'd see that there are several different illness that can cause those symptoms, and addiction is an illness also so it's just too damned bad that you people were born without any sympathy, emapathy, or braincells enough to at least look into other medical conditions before you go judging and spewing your idiocracy accross the net!

Chloe19

You know i have watched her a few times and she doen't seem to be intoxicated, it's more like a neurological problem, like MS, which I suffer from. I have had people ask if I have been drinking. She sometimes seems like her legs are either really stiff or really rubbery, just like a person suffering from MS. I think if she were a stoner you would have people coming out and saying they have seen her using or whatever. So don't accuse until you know.

lisa z

Paula needs to get off the air and stay off the air because she is so incoherent and everybody knows this. Whether she is taking these drugs or not, she obviously needs some medical attention as well as someone who're suppose to be her friends and family and co-workers to do the right thing and help her. Haven't we learned what our actions should be with respect to Anna Nicole? And Britney? And others?

Liz

Lisa marie STFU and stop acting like you matter.... because you don't. Now run along and pop another pill and blame some strange illness.

Lara

Leave my Paula alone..She is adorable, fun and sincere. You can't find any dirt on Paula so this crap is being made up,. I would be tongue-ied if I was selling stuff on QVC .

Lisa Marie Wiliams

To: #55 Call me anything you want, didn't seem to bother you when # 49 talked about their "PILL POPPIN PROBLEM" as you called it. What's the matter? Can't handle a little truth, reality, admission that you're "WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!" Judging other's when you don't even have a clue what's actually happening to someone? Who died and made you God, thinking you know something (or with your ego, probably think you know everything) about people you don't even know??? GROW UP!!!

Liz

I noticed her movements become erratic, like suddenly dancing or jumping up etc when she screws up her speech. Could it be an illness that she moves around a lot to hide involuntary movement? Is her speech a sign that a spell so to speak is coming on?

Does MS cause these speech and movement patterns? I know MJ Fox has Parkinson's with the movement but I don't think it effected his speech did it?

the wise old owl

Good Grief !!! That was a spoke's person for her own line of jewlery.? Talk about unprofessional.

WTF ??? I've been jet jagged before and I can still speak .She's had far too many displays of this odd and irrational behavior to call it an " illness"

Yeah.... it's an illness alright. It's called alcolism and drug addiction. Quit making excuses for her. If she is suffering from RDS than I'd have a lot more respect for her if she would just come out and SAY SO. It would help raise awareness and help other victims as well. That's why I don't think she has it.

By hiding something like this and trying to mask the symptoms with " drugs " that result in these types of " side effects " only makes her look worse.

I think her public appearances " tell it all " She is another Anna Nicole in the making. Somebody PLEASE intervene and get this girl some help..