Paula Abdul -- Consumer Confuser

4/28/2007 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained video that aired Friday on QVC, and it seems that "Idol" judge Paula Abdul was having a little trouble expressing herself. Tongue-tied?

Abdul was attempting to promote her jewelry line, and seemed quite confused as to what the hell she was talking about.

Kimberlymyob

LISA MARIE:
Regarding your comment #40,
I do apperciate the sentiment, and you mean well, but you must be more careful/ you say you have a health background, and I don't know what it is, but it is apparently not very advanced.

Michale J Fox has Parkinsons disease, which is entirely different from MS.

Furthermore, you do not recover from MS, not ever, that means never. It is chronic and degenerative. You may have periods of remission, some of them very long, if you are lucky, but there is no cure. I shudder to think that some poor victim is going to get depressed because their MS isn't cured, just because she read your blog.

Many of the bloggers think that their experience with a disease or drug side effect makes them experts on how someone else will react, which is nonsense. Everyone has different reactions, both internally and externally, as everyone's body chemistry is a little different. (I am asleep on a tylenol PM for 3 days, my kid can pop 4 of them and run a marathon. )

It is a dangerous policy to give out "expert" advice re: madicines or medical conditions, as obviously, we are all just sitting on our butts blogging about some semi-celeb, so we are really a bunch of losers, not really experts in anything.

Finally, let's face it, whatever Paula Abdul is "on", or is "afflicted with", she is still on a top hit TV show, and we are sitting here commenting about her to strangers who only care about their own points of view. It sucks, but she wins
It is pretty funny to see how mad some people get, though. Thankfully they are in front of their computers instead of driving or dealing with toddlers. Anger management, people!

recovery101Fan

She sounds like she has dental appliances in her mouth

uh oh

To #98...
I fail to see how commenting on a board and expressing an opinion makes anyone a Loser. I feel relatively sure that TMZ put that comment button there for a reason. I also don't think Lisa Marie considers herself to be an expert, nor meant any harm to anyone. I think she was just expressing her view, which she has every right to do. It's kind of silly to think think anyone who has M.S. would rely on a celebrity comment blog to research a cure for M.S. I feel quite sure their doctor gave them a proper diagnosis and they would be well versed in the outcome of their condition.

Personally I consider it a dangerous policy to give your kid 4 tylenol pm's at one time, But then again, maybe you just forgot to relay your credentials as an expertise in these medical matters. *S*

Jane

PAULA IS A KIND, SENSITIVE, BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED WOMAN.
EVERYONE SHOULD JUST LEAVE HER ALONE AND STOP BEING JEALOUS.
SHE HAS PHYSICAL PROBLEMS AND MOST LIKELY IS ON PAIN MEDICATION.
ONE OF THE SIDE EFFECTS COULD BE CONFUSION OR SLURRING OF HER
WORDS. IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU SHOULD MAKE FUN OF HER.
SHE IS A CELEBRITY AND DESERVES TO BE..YOU ONLY WISH YOU WERE
IN HER SHOES. THOSE WHO ARE CRITICIZING HER HAVE NOTHING BETTER
TO DO, SO GET A LIVE.

allison

MY thoughts are that she does just fine speaking on american idol,so why is she so loopy at other times? If she has a medical problem she should get it out so people wont say that shes on drugs,it cant make her feel too good knowing people are poking fun at her and laughing . PAULA WHATS UP ?

Sir Patty

Why does this broad continue to DENY that she GETS HIGH when she makes an ASS out of herself, over & over again?! The bigger scandal, in my opinion, is how she ACTUALLY judges SINGING on Amer. Idol!

Papa Bear

#100 Who says he gave his kid 4 tylenol PMs..his "kid" could be a 21 yr old guy who takes them himself....

nelly forbush

She has a major drug problem, and it doesn't matter if they are illegal or prescription, a drug problem is a drug problem. Prescription drugs are abused just as much as illegal drugs. I have Rheumatoid arthritis and also take pain killers, but if my doctor saw me acting that way he would cut down on my pain pills immediately. They are suppose to help you manage your pain not make you totally incoherent. I don't buy the "She is in Pain" bull. When you go on a show to sell your jewelry or do an interview, and you can barely speak or say anything that makes any sense, then you are overly medicated. And if you are in that kind of pain where you need that much medication, then you don't go out, and certainly don't go on national TV.

artandstuff

It is amazing The abuse Paula has recieved. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy also Known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome is rated on the Mcgill Pain index as being comprable to chemical acid burns that dont go away. The United States Gov recognizes this condition as 1 of the most painful condition there is. Treatment of this disease in nearly all cases invole very serious narcotics to bring some relief however no amount of meds can take away all of the pain. This condition was first diagnosed during the civil war however it has not been untill the past few years that Drs really started to understand this disease. Before jumping to conclusions do a little research on this condition. Paula should be praised for fighting a valiant fight against this disease, against ovherwhelming obstacles she soldiers on.. Its easy to poke fun at someone who seems to be out of it at times but the pain she is in would leave most crying in the corner. Instead of thinking the worst give the woman the credit she deserves and think what you would be like if you were in constant pain 24 Hrs a day..

uh oh

To Rhonda

I have a 25 year old son, and I certainly don't refer to him as a kid. Taking 4 tylenol PM's at one time is too much for anyone. If my son needed that much over the counter pain/sleeping aids, As a mother, I would encourage him to see a doctor. Overdosage of any kind of tylenol products can produce liver damage. But hey that's just me, what do I know? I'm just a loser on a blog with no expertise in medical advise. *grinz*

Meg

To 100 and all the others ----------- Do you know Paula peronally?????

How in the world do you know what she is on or not. How old are you???? Or what kind of life have you led????? You all must be total Pollyanna's, get it??????

She is not a Pollyanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is obviously soo messed up!!!!!!! She's just another celeb in denial.

And for God Sakes a dental appliance????? I've heard it all.

ms brat

Look people when someone is not rite in their mind wether their in pain,ill or high they have no business showing up in public, think about the poor girl co hosting her she clearly did not know how to react! its happened to me before and Its embarrasing!

angela

ya know whats so funny...?
everyone is makin such a big deal about this!
lmaoooooo
i mean really.......sum of the se ppl that left these big long comments (#s 5, 10, & 15) obviously care more about her than their own lives.....and seem 2 have NO LIFE AT ALL if their gunna take the time & write an essay about her life....my gawd
u people have NO IDEA how PATHATIC that makes u look

angela

wow they way all of u r talkin about the drugs.....sounds like UR the 1's on them

Mike

You people are idiots. You can make a collage of bloopers from anyone who goes on TV live for a couple hours of solid camera time and is expected to speak the entire time. TMZ does this every time Paula is on there and you people eat it right up. She's not high and she's not drunk. She's just an excitable person. She's stone sober on live television two or three times a week. What more do you people want? (LIVES, maybe?)