Wedding Crashed:

Esposito and Cooper Split

5/2/2007 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0502_bradley_jennifer_fm-1TMZ has learned that actress Jennifer Esposito has filed for divorce from her husband of four months, Bradley Cooper. The documents, filed Tuesday in Los Angeles County Superior Court, cite irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.

The two dated a little over a year before getting engaged in October of 2006, and tied the knot December 21.

Esposito is best known for her roles on TV's "Spin City" and in the film "Crash." Cooper starred in the mega-hit "Wedding Crashers" and "Alias."

A rep for Esposito had no comment other than "Jennifer asks that you respect her privacy at this time." Cooper's rep calls the split mutual and says "actually they've been separated for quite a while."

Vic

seperated a while? They were only married for four months. What was the point? They should've tried counseling, jeez that's sad four months. They had to have had problems before marrying, and really shouldn't have gotten married in the first place.

Vanilla Cokehead

"Jennifer asks that you respect her privacy at this time."

If I hear one more celeb publicist make a knee-jerk plea for privacy when a client breaks up or divorces, I'm gonna scream.

I think celeb publicists probably have the verbiage for the plea for privacy set up as a "hotkey" shortcut in their word processing software. It's almost as predictable as the "forward-looking statements" disclaimers in press releases from almost every publicly held company.

Does anyone honestly think a celeb publicist's plea for a client's privacy is heeded by anyone?

I am sick and tired of seeing folks who choose to live in the public eye complaining when the spotlight gets too bright. As far as I'm concerned, if you can't stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen or don't even get in in the first place.

I just wish celeb publicists would just not comment on their clients' personal lives. Period. The way the celeb press/gossip mill tends to be, you give an inch and they take a mile. Just keep the barn door closed in the first place.

Kevin Keckeisen

I'm sorry, but I ask: "WHO and WHO???!!!"

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!

Sorry. Never heard of either of you. *politely moves on*

bablondie

THAT SUCKS CUZ I LIKE HER. That is one short marriage that's for sure!

sunnyz

I think that The celeb couples need to have intense Counseling before they get married.
I have never seen abunch of folk that get married one day and get a divorced the next day because she/he didn't get out the bed right is aweful. These folks don't have a clue divorce is to easy for them.Some cases need a divorce because the abuse but these folks need to go thru intense family,marriage counseling before getting married they have alot of unsolved problems they need to deal with before they can be as one!!!! Too many divorces!!!!!!!!!

Janet

Jennifer seems like a wonderful person. Women make mistakes. God bless her heart.

Sara Henry

I must say that I'm not surprised, nor am I disappointed. I adore Bradley Cooper, and don't know who she is.I don't feel that Bradley should pay anything, except for his attorney's fee.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3