Paris

Ordered to Serve

45 Days in Jail

5/4/2007 8:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0503_paris_fm_ex-1A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has sentenced Paris Hilton to 45 days in L.A. County jail for violating her probation in a reckless driving case. Judge Michael T. Sauer handed down the harsh sentence, telling Paris she will not be allowed work release, furloughs, use of an alternative jail or electronic monitoring in lieu of jail. She must do the time!

An emotional Paris, with tears welling up in her eyes, told the judge moments before the decision "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Witnesses inside the courtroom say that Paris' parents, Rick and Kathy Hilton, were both visibly upset as the sentence was handed down. Kathy, we're told, was especially distraught.

The judge called out her rep Elliot Mintz in court, describing his testimony as "completely worthless." He also told Paris that he did not believe that she was unaware of her license suspension, adding that she had paperwork in her car stating that her license was suspended.

Shortly after the punishment was handed out, defense attorney Howard Weitzman said he would appeal. "I'm shocked, I'm surprised and really disheartened in the system that I've worked in for close to 40 years," Weitzman said, adding that the sentence was "uncalled for, inappropriate and bordered on the ludicrous. I think she's singled out because of who she is."

Paris will serve her sentence at the Century Regional Detention Facility (CRDF). She will begin her sentence on June 5. If Hilton fails to report on the scheduled date, her sentence will be doubled.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Cory

Well, some murder and walk away and some get the book thrown at them for the smallest thing. Sounds like any other court room in America. It all depends on the people in the room, not the system. The right judge, the right lawyer who knows the judge, the right state rep who has his head up is &&& and many get off the hook. Apparently she did not have the right people in the right place on her day of judgement. It is that simple in America. Its a perfect system when you get what you want. People cry there is something wrong with the system when they dont get what they want. The system boils down to only the people who are in the room on your day of judgement.

Shell

Wow, I thought they'd let her get away with it. Thank god for that judge, who know's who the hell she could of killed that night.
I also don't believe she should get ANY special treatment, she did the crime, and she needs to pay the time. She can't get away with everything, it's life.

Tena Olsom

I guess money doesnt buy everything:)))))

meier representative

she's an angel

sweetblueyes

Thank God the court system FINALLY stood up and started treating celebrities like regular people. You do the crime, you do the time. Same for the rest of us!!!

Wander Lustus

God, let's hope she serves her time, this time.

I've heard so many rantings about the overcrowding of the jails/prison as regards this crud, but shouldn't we keep in mind that she didn't even have a roomie?

Puh-bloody-ease!

Take the cow down

123098

This spoiled brat is now faced with the consequences of her decisions and she can't stand it. She has been raised in an atmosphere of non-accountability. She is now throwing a tempr-tantrum and she can't believe she actually has to serve her sentence. This is SWEEEEET. I have to believe the sentence will stick this time, but I'm not holding my breath. Everyone in this country should go on strike against anything HILTON. This would really send a message to DADDY and MOMMY. I really dislike this girl, but this is not the real frustration with this whole issue. There are troops putting their life on the line everyday and the news reports what this girl eats her first day in jail! The media is going to milk this just like they did for the disturbed girl who just died, "What was her name"? .....Oh, Anna something or another.

SpenceJAH

HAHAHAHA Paris Hilton your a dumb spoiled brattt. stop your whinning and serve the time just like the rest of us simple folk in this country

Benjamin

Please you call that justice? 45 days is like a cake walk. If an everday citizen violated probation it would be more than that.

acasha

ok no one likes her unless there some prepy ass ritch person that dosnt know wut a hard life is i live in da damn getto i watch drive by shootings every day my mom did the same thing she did she got more time then she did iv got more time then she did i got out on my 19th b-day fer the same thing i had 2 do bout 70 day becuz i could have hurt some 1 !!!.... an paris hilton is stupid the only reason she famous is be cuz she went nude on internet an is pretty but i think she got all that work done but yea if someone who knows her read dis u should tell a 19 year old girl who is younger an all natrule unlike her thinks she a bitch who should have 2 do as much time as i did cuz dats bull she could have hurt someone 2 i bet u her parents spoiled her u know wut i got kicked out wen i was 13 lived with 1 of my friends an her bro raped me he wen 2 jail fer a year an now hes my bf cuz he got his act togeather hes 24 no he was 18 at the time but yea im done i think i made my point !acasha! :D

Shawn