Paris

Ordered to Serve

45 Days in Jail

5/4/2007 8:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0503_paris_fm_ex-1A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has sentenced Paris Hilton to 45 days in L.A. County jail for violating her probation in a reckless driving case. Judge Michael T. Sauer handed down the harsh sentence, telling Paris she will not be allowed work release, furloughs, use of an alternative jail or electronic monitoring in lieu of jail. She must do the time!

An emotional Paris, with tears welling up in her eyes, told the judge moments before the decision "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Witnesses inside the courtroom say that Paris' parents, Rick and Kathy Hilton, were both visibly upset as the sentence was handed down. Kathy, we're told, was especially distraught.

The judge called out her rep Elliot Mintz in court, describing his testimony as "completely worthless." He also told Paris that he did not believe that she was unaware of her license suspension, adding that she had paperwork in her car stating that her license was suspended.

Shortly after the punishment was handed out, defense attorney Howard Weitzman said he would appeal. "I'm shocked, I'm surprised and really disheartened in the system that I've worked in for close to 40 years," Weitzman said, adding that the sentence was "uncalled for, inappropriate and bordered on the ludicrous. I think she's singled out because of who she is."

Paris will serve her sentence at the Century Regional Detention Facility (CRDF). She will begin her sentence on June 5. If Hilton fails to report on the scheduled date, her sentence will be doubled.

the way it is

YEPPIE!!!!!!!!!! NICE SUMMER BREAK UH PARIS,,,,, HAVE FUN!!!!!!

heidi

hahahaha....

critter

Maybe she'll hire a driver now?

Joni

That's what I'm talking about!!!!!!! 45 days in the slammer!!!!!

YEA

A honest judge!!!!! I am so happy to see that little pain in the ass bad example to teenagers held accountable!!!!

Whack A Mole (finger) (formerly Mad Hatter)

Yeah! It's about time!!!!!!1

WWII VET

Hell yes... one less dumb ass bitch on the road

tuna marie

take it in the ass parasite like a man.

RB

I HOPE HER CELL HAS A MINIBAR!!!!!!

InvisibleNoMore

Well I guess she is not as invisible as she once thought she was... What an episode of the Simple Life!!!

AJ

Nice, finally a celeb has to follow the rules like the rest of us.... Don't drop the soap!

BP

WOO HOO!!! About time you start to follow the same rules that everyone else has to follow.

Have FUN!!!! heeee haaaa hooooo, HO!

Vanessa

YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!! I cannot believe how excited I am! Paris is going to jail and all is right with the world!

KimmyPage

SWEEEEET!!...teehee...

Steph

HAHAHAHA! Bet you won't find that story on perezhilton.com!