Hasselhoff Blocked from Seeing His Kids

5/7/2007 2:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has suspended David Hasselhoff's right to visit his children in the wake of the videotape showing the actor drunk on his living room floor.
Opri and The Hoff
Hasselhoff is allowed to have telephone contact only.

On May 21, the judge will hold a hearing on the videotape and how it will affect Hasselhoff's long-term visitation rights.

The judge also ordered that Hasselhoff, his ex-wife Pamela Bach-Hasselhoff and their kids meet with a psychologist prior to the May 21st hearing. The psychologist has the power to adjust the judge's order after meeting with the fractured family.

Strangely, the judge never admitted the videotape into evidence but said it didn't matter because he's a "normal human being" who reads, among other things, TMZ.

Story developing ...

oskar martinez

Now he finally sees what his daughter sees it will help him aproach his problem with force and hope to fight it and stay away from alcohol GOOD LUCK

annab

FIRST, HE NEEDS TO SEE A DENTIST.
SECOND, HE NEEDS TO SEE A THERAPIST.
THIRD, HE NEEDS TO SEE HIS KIDS.

shirliana

DAVID... PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT AWAY ON UR KIDS... IT WAS SO SAD TO HEAR WHAT UR OWN DAUGHTER WAS SAYING TO YOU.. IF U NEED HELP... GOD FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR CHILD... GO TO REHAB..... ITS NOT GOOD FOR UR OWN DAUGHTER TO ** ASK YOU TO STOP DRINKING **. IF U DO NOT HELP URSELF.. YOU WILL LOSE CUSTODY OF SEEING UR BELOVED CHILD... GOD,,, HELP YOURSELF....

Heaven Help us

This video was private business. He obviously did not put it out there. Jesus christ here goes debra opri again. Is this the only way she can win a case??? I hope she actually has some skills besides airing other peoples dirty laundry. Hope one day someone does not return the favor and air her "dirty laundry". If that happens there will be a "foul odor" for a very long time. If David has a problem I hope he gets help for it, and continues to have a good relationship with his kids. Thank god they are old enought to know the difference between truth and nasty spin.

MS. M

what family does not have some degree of dysfunctionality? What ever happened to privacy in this country? who other than Jerry Springer types want their dirty laundry aired in public to be tried in a media court? the man has some real esteem issues & is a recovering alcoholic....he needs help & not from some 16 year old, as she needs help too...it's like the blind leading the blind....BOYCOTT MSNBC/CBS

Missy

If i was David Or Alec i would flip the script on my ex. When i went into court to answer about having my visitation temporarily revoked, i would tell the judge instead i revoking my visitation rights i want to give up my parental rights. I bet both ex's would be singing another tune then. David and Alec would be called dead beats by the ex's for doing that.

Wendy Johnson

When i was young my dad had visitation on the weekends, he would come by and pick my up drunk, my mom had the sense not to let me go, one time she said no he went under a garbage truck and him and my two step brothers were critically injured and another time my mom said no he ran into a parked train, i was told if I had been with him i would have been killed, so thanks to my mom i am alive today.
Wendy Johnson

dee

if i was the hoff anyone who took a video of me and didnt destroy it and it came out i would not have anymore to do with them. if my family didnt like me i would say well then you dont like my money either. alot of kids have parents that drink and they are not lavished with luxuries. so boo hoo to taylor at least you can get counseling many people cant afford it. if my dad was drunk when i came there i would leave if i didnt like it. Who sits at home with there parents at age 15? many kids are involved in school activities or have jobs or volunteer.

meredith

The judge did the right thing. Would you want your husband driving your kids around drunk or setting an example the way The Hoff did? This is not what you want to role model for the kids. The fact that he allowed her to videotape him or even asked her to do it is not the least bit appropriate. He should be ordered to parenting classes.Pronto!

Lisa

I'm watching Mrs. Hoff and Deb Opri on Larry King Live. Having Deb Opri by her side causes me to question the Mrs.' motives. Deb Opri doesn't seem to care about anyone or anything other than getting publicity.

Now that Deb Opri is on the case, suddenly she's giving "her first exclusive interview" now?

Doesn't pass the sniff test to me.

Lol

Just when you thought it was safe to watch the cable news networks, deb opri's back. I thought she would have been disbarred by now for that outrageous bill she gave larry birkhead. She is your stereotypical ambulance chaser! Let's hope the Hoff's wife fires her too. I am so sick of this media wh---.

Rose

The guy is an actor....do we have all the facts? I'm sure he was acting for a part in a movie! LEAVE BAYWATCH HUNK ALONE!

Troubled by all the mystery

OMG! OPRI on LARRY KING AGAIN! HOW MUCH IS THIS COSTING DEBRA?? I was hoping she would just slither away into a hole. Instead this pammie woman has decided to use her to put the screws to David. Well Pammie, I hope you can afford her bills. She will no doubt let you pay for her hubbys drawers to be cleaned now. I only hope that David DOES NOT have to pay pammies legal bills. But no doubt that will be in the divorce papers. WHY DOES N"T DAVID GO TO REHAB?? EVERYONE ELSE DOES THIS WHEN THEY GET IN TROUBLE! NOTICE TO DAVID- CHeCK YOURSELF IN IMMEDIATELY! Then all will be forgiven. GOD BLESS DAVID! :)

Somebody , shoot it! Quick!

#57, it is now being said tha tHasselhoff's daughter DID NOT try to kill herself, but HE put this out or Pamela put this out ...why??? Leverage against each other in their war. the other rumor now is that particular daughter did not trytokill herself ,but Hassellhof was so drunk, he said it and did not know. It was at the time that he cut himself so and Iadding here, that th edaughter in question maybe tried to stop him and she got harmed. There is more tothis story. Iagree with #65 I think who said Hasselhoff needs
1-rehab ,year long treatment,
psycho treatment with a therapist
2-vistiation, joint custody with his daughters.

no more celeb moms

I wonder if this so wise judge also suspended his obligation to pay child support. These aren't toddlers (hello Brittney), these are teenaged girls who are old enough to decide about their father. Maybe this will get the 5K per month Pammie wanted for her hair and makeup in the original divorce. Ms Opri, congratulations, you have once again proven yourself for the legal scum that you are, and by the way, Larry Birkhead didn't get his daughter until he got rid of you as an attorney. This will cause more damage to those girls than their father drinking.