Candy to Paris -- Spoiled Brat, Grow Up!

5/13/2007 9:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Candy Spelling (Tori's mom) sent TMZ an open letter to Paris Hilton. Yes, it really is Candy!

Dear Paris,

As someone who has known you for most of your life, I pay special attention to your press coverage. (Apparently, I'm not alone, based on the responses every word about you creates on TMZ.com and elsewhere.)

Paris, I'm very worried about you. The last week has not only been an obvious roller-coaster for you emotionally, but your strategy went from blaming employees and stating silly excuses like, "I don't read," to your new lawyer's tactic to have you sound mature and take some responsibility. In between, the paparazzi continue to follow you shopping and taking self-defense classes (to protect yourself in jail?), and some over-zealous friends staged embarrassing protests (three people?), and wasted taxpayer funds with a petition to pardon you.

People who are rich and famous are not treated like "regular" people, even though you claim to now be just like everyone else. In most situations, your privileged life works to your benefit. You have opportunities, access and resources like few others; and frankly, you can get away with more bad behavior and excuses than most people could even imagine. However, as the real possibility of jail approaches -- whether it's 21 days or 45 or whatever the latest report is -- it's time to get real. It's time to find "a Paris" somewhere between "heiress" and a character on "The Simple Life." I know she's there, and I know she can be a good citizen and maturely face consequences other people would have to face under the same circumstances.

I am sorry you have been sentenced to jail. I can't think of too much that would be worse. But since you let this happen, use the next couple of weeks preparing not only by publicly learning to fight (not a good message to fellow inmates), but by looking around, realizing that you are not as truly entitled as your money implies. You are a young woman who can add more to her community than establishing new definitions for infamy.

Paris at her best: click to launch galleryBest,

Candy Spelling

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

Terry

Dear Candy Spelling
Every word you said in your letter to Paris was true. You did not enable nor denie.Your concern for her future was apparent to me. I hope not only Paris but all grown brats who have so much, and could do so much for themselves and others, hear your words.

be nice

I think it might actually be real... or at least a really good fake. She shows a lot less restraint in her letter to the Girls Gone Wild jerk, to whom she has less invested (money speaks and unfortunately in that fake classless Beverly Hills society, the Hiltons and Spellings are on par with oneanother for austentaciousness whereas Joe is in an even lower strata of gaudiness.) Plus, this woman does seem to have her own set of morals (warped though they may be.) I mean she didn't take her daughter leaving her first husband without putting up a fight. It's comforting to know that a pillar of society like Candy Spelling is willing to guide us all toward a life of grace and high moral standards.

nancyann

i just hope that some day the laws for the rich and the poor will be the same, if only the rich realized how much good they could do by actually improving the world and helping less fortunate people then them. paris do your time and quit crying about it.

Stacy

And who is Candy Spelling but a Bizillionaire that has nothing better to do with her life, than to point out the faults of fellow Bizillionaires. Like your own life is without badly needed repairs itself. And like you didn't have anything to do with having your only child disinherited practically from her fathers estate??? She got pocket change, compared to what you got. YOU should be ashamed!!! You're greedy and enjoy the power you have over others. You need to look in your back yard before throwing dirt in someone elces. I feel if someone breaks the law, then they need to do the time. And I don't think there should be a double standard in time because of wealth.

bb12-chris

Open Letter to Candy;

Get a job, hobbie, pay attention to your GrandChild, better yet, your SON who clearly needs emotional HELP..............Clean up your back yard before sending open letters to the press about Paris and Joe. I am shocked you would be so careless to submitt open letters. Yes, Paris can not really read, she dropped out of school, yes Paris is a bad human and is a narcistic loser, move on to your own kids, and as for Joe, you of all people should know you can not believe what is written, come on do you really think jail is so bad that Joe is crying all day like a baby? My guess is Joe has all the inmates at his becon call....money talks...........

Narcistic people like yourself and Paris can not relate to US real people, so, even though you think the world needs your opinion so much that you have to send your letters to the press for the whole world to read, all you accomplished was EMBARRASSING yourself. Write some advice letters to your son...........wow.........I am emabrrassed for YOU!

SummerSun

To bad for Paris. She deserves to go to jail. Finally, a Judge has seen the light and is sticking to the Law! I wish all the stars or people who had a ton of money were treated just like the rest of us.

Paris is worthless. She has NO idea what Real Life is about and now maybe, just maybe she will.... Have a nice few weeks in jail! Now maybe you will follow the rules like the rest of us???

Cece

Dear Candy: Please forget advising non-family members and focus on healing your own family estrangement from your daughter Tori.

Everyone knows you have disinherited her. Take time to get help and heal the wounds, your own family has.

Address your own issues with professional help, come out of denial, take in what some of your friends have been telling you.

Not only does your daughter not have a father or estranged mother, her child coming soon has no grandparents. Do you not want to be in his life too? How sad and closed off you must be.

Anyone who knows Candy, please get her some professional help. Your daughter needs you.

Praying for you. Take care.

concerned adult

What I don't understand about this whole thing is that Candy can write open letters all day long, if she likes, and let's not forget, in most 'real life' marriages, when a spouse dies, everything goes to the surviving spouse, not children until that other spouse passes. Amount of money should have nothing to do with it. Until you are faced with this situation in real life, it's idiocy to try to climb into these people's lives. Besides, no one cares what the other guy thinks of their life. Let's all try living our own, shall we? let's not feel badly for Tori, she's not exactly strapped for cash, credit etc.

Kati

who the hell is Candy Spelling...a spoiled woman made rich by a husband without her input. She denied her daughter the last moments of her father's life over some stupid squabble. No mother should ever do this to a child no matter what. As to Paris, Paris is getting exactly what she deserves, except her sentence has been cut in half which is unfair to the ones who usually have to serve more. Candy stick your nose somewhere else and especially cleaning up your relationships with your kids... it seems you have gone overboard. What''s with you

Laura22

Regarding Paris, everyone seems to let her mother Kathy fall through the cracks. Kathy has not given this young girl any tools to handle her wealth. She allows her daughter to get away with murder because she herself loves all the publicity even if it's negative. I blame Kathy for the arrogance, lack of training that Paris is showing. "Kathy, in my book you get an F for being a lousy mom."

ComeAgain

Hey I agree with Candy. I mean Paris is a spolied rich b**** who needs to apparently get her act together AND grow up. I mean true that Paris has done really stupid things in the past but to be honest, I think Paris is just a cry saying in a REALLY whiny voice thats soooo annoying its ridiclous: "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Thats what I think Paris is..A LITTLE CRYBABY WHO THINKS SHES ALL THAT AND ONLY FAMOUS BECAUSE OF THAT HOTEL CHAIN! THATS IT! THATS ALLL SHES FAMOUS FOR! I DEPSITE PARIS HILTON! I DEPSITE EVERYTHING ABOUT HER!

Naples, FL Deborah

I believe that If the government would rule for these youngsters to have to help serve their community by working in these homeless shelters and Soup kitchens, maybe they would learn something about the real world and the people who live in it. Instead of just putting her in jail, make her do mandatory 8 hour days in one of the many homeless shelters or soup kitchens and return to her jail sentence after the workday is done. I believe that if some of these kids would see how some of these genuine people got to be this way, (not all of their own making), then maybe it might warm their hearts a little too see that they can make a difference and not only with money but with their time and their hearts as well......

bloomsoft10

EARN GLOBAL MONEY shows you different earning programs from all over the globe and help people to earn money from different earning program owned by different organizations.
Are you want to earn money through online please Click Here

Aizhan

Greetings of Peris! How are you? than you are engaged? I live in Kazakhstan! Also I will forgive at тя to the help! Please buy to me dresses for me on the final! Give me the big gift in life I only I ask it from us in a family many children and me so it would be desirable to go on ball and money isn't present to buy normal dresses! Please))) I love you!) Ajzhan

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18