Candy to Paris -- Spoiled Brat, Grow Up!

5/13/2007 9:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Candy Spelling (Tori's mom) sent TMZ an open letter to Paris Hilton. Yes, it really is Candy!

Dear Paris,

As someone who has known you for most of your life, I pay special attention to your press coverage. (Apparently, I'm not alone, based on the responses every word about you creates on TMZ.com and elsewhere.)

Paris, I'm very worried about you. The last week has not only been an obvious roller-coaster for you emotionally, but your strategy went from blaming employees and stating silly excuses like, "I don't read," to your new lawyer's tactic to have you sound mature and take some responsibility. In between, the paparazzi continue to follow you shopping and taking self-defense classes (to protect yourself in jail?), and some over-zealous friends staged embarrassing protests (three people?), and wasted taxpayer funds with a petition to pardon you.

People who are rich and famous are not treated like "regular" people, even though you claim to now be just like everyone else. In most situations, your privileged life works to your benefit. You have opportunities, access and resources like few others; and frankly, you can get away with more bad behavior and excuses than most people could even imagine. However, as the real possibility of jail approaches -- whether it's 21 days or 45 or whatever the latest report is -- it's time to get real. It's time to find "a Paris" somewhere between "heiress" and a character on "The Simple Life." I know she's there, and I know she can be a good citizen and maturely face consequences other people would have to face under the same circumstances.

I am sorry you have been sentenced to jail. I can't think of too much that would be worse. But since you let this happen, use the next couple of weeks preparing not only by publicly learning to fight (not a good message to fellow inmates), but by looking around, realizing that you are not as truly entitled as your money implies. You are a young woman who can add more to her community than establishing new definitions for infamy.

Paris at her best: click to launch galleryBest,

Candy Spelling

TROLL SMASHERS

2. If this is real, who it made it public?

Posted at 8:51AM on May 13th 2007 by Lynn

OPEN LETTER - MEANS PUBLIC

recovery101Fan

My thoughts exactly! Ms. Spelling couldn't have put it any simpler for Paris. Young fast - crowd wealthy kids will never know the true joy of living with honesty and accountability. Paris could go back to school if she isn't going to do something real with her life.

hotrod

I think this is all PR spin, trying to get Paris more attention, big attention HO she is... she probably asked Spelling to write this.

morgan1

Regardless if it's true or not, that letter pretty much sums it up.

Startmakingsense

I liked this letter. I'm not sure that it's true but I liked it. I truly despise Paris Hilton - she still thinks were are all idiots with her new PR spin from her new lawyer. You know how you realy hurt Paris? Stop taking her picture or writing about her no matter what she does - she'll melt painfully away.
I can dream can't I?

yoda

ha ha - owned

kpm

Grow up and go to jail you moron!! Get out of accepting responsibility is not "hot". If this letter was from Candy Spelling, good for you for saying what her own mother should have. Paris Hilton has been seen doing everything from having sex to smoking a joint. Step up to the plate, girlfriend.

kpm

Behind the HardRock

I thought the sentiment was good, maybe not necessarily the fact that it was "open".

I'm not feeling sorry for Paris spending 21-45 or whatever days without her blackberry, servants, etc., etc. At least she's not there for manslaughter. At least she isn't spending 21-45 days in a hospital bed from being injured in a car wreck. At least she's not 6' under. No, I think Paris going to jail just may save her life.

Candi, please give more of your gadzillions to Tori--some of your behavior is just SOOOO mommy dearest.

marybeth

Yeah that is right, Janice. Her years of being spoiled crazy need more than a little prison sentence to set her straight. I notice since all of this has happened that we don't see Nicole Richie AT ALL EVER. Either she has starved and coked herself to the point of being invisible, or she is staying under the media radar for the first time in her life. Because she will have to answer soon for her second DUI in less than a decade and she should get a felony and spend even more time in prison. Not that she probably will. But that's what would happen to working taxpayers.

Taira

What prevented her from sending this to Paris privately?

Ah yes, the need to be an ATTENTION WHORE.

I am no Paris fan but personally I think it's stupid to waste jail space on nonviolent offenders. There are other ways to punish a spoiled celebrity, like what they did to Naomi Campbell.

Jamie Lynn

Kevin...kiss this...

xyz

Both Candy and Paris need a hair washing and a shower. For all the money these two have, they are the filthiest looking females ever. Candy Spelling is a bitch and Paris is a skank, tuna smelling, bimbo. At least in jail, she will have a mandatory shower and possibly a personal TUTOR so that she can learn to read and speak something other than " that's so hot".

minmn

Dear Candy Spelling,
Perhaps you don't have this e-mail thing down yet. You actually don't have to go through TMZ to contact your close friends. In fact, if you really want to get your point across and not sound like a self-righteous hypocrite, you should e-mail their personal e-mail account from your personal e-mail account. If it's the money, you can get a personal account for free from many sites.

Reynaldo

No matter what has gone on in the private life of Candy Spelling and her family, I think the letter that she wrote was very good advice. You know, it's easier when you're on "the outside looking in" than if you're right in the middle of something. So I don't think that people should condemn her and/or put her down for trying to give someone some good advice.
Candy has made mistakes like the rest of us; and just like the rest of us, would we want someone holding things over our heads for the rest of our lives and just dismissing any good that we were trying to do, just because of previous mistakes??? NO!!! So give the lady a break! Paris needs to be adult and responsible in her current situation instead of trying to make excuses and buy her way out of things just because of who she is, and the kind of money that she has/has access too. Her mother is a enabler who needs to bring her nose out of the air and back down to earth realizing what serious things could have happened when her daughter (or anyone) drives drunk, and then has disregard for the law!!