Oprah - I've Got "Good White Folks"

5/15/2007 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey wishes her beloved grandma was still around -- to see the "good white folks" that are under her domain.

The media queen told a group of graduates at the Howard University commencement Saturday that her grandmother's wish was that Oprah would someday work for some "good white folks." How the tables have turned, said Oprah, now that those "good white folks" are working for her. Oprah's grandma worked as a servant in Mississippi in the 1950s, and the younger Winfrey has often invoked her as an inspiration and a guiding force in her life.

Hoff – I Should've Used A Fork & Knife!

David Hasselhoff doesn't regret making that drunken video that was all over the Internet last week, but he is a bit disgusted by his own manners. "I wish I'd used a knife and fork to eat that [bleeping] burger," he tells Piers Morgan, Brit journo and the Hoff's "America's Got Talent" co-judge, via MSNBC. Morgan adds that the "Baywatch" star is "an insecure man who just wants to be loved." Hasselhoff, as we all know, was filmed by his daughter while he appeared to be in a drunken stupor in Las Vegas, and the tape was leaked to the media in the midst of Hoff's custody battle with wife Pamela Bach. Morgan adds that the Hoff has "a massive ego," and refers to his "Knight Rider" and huge-in-Germany days incessantly.

Paris to Serve in Pink Underwear?

Could this be the answer to Paris' prayers? The infamous "Sheriff Joe" Arpaio, who runs the controversial "Tent City" facility outside of Phoenix where inmates are forced to wear striped uniforms, pink underwear, and serve in chain gangs, says he's spoken to L.A. jail officials and offered to take Paris off their hands for her sentence. According to KTVK-TV in Phoenix, the Chief of Jails is actually considering the offer, because of severe overcrowding in his own facilities.

Party Favors: Jacko's Nephew the Next "Thriller"? ... Whitney's "Straight as an Arrow" Says Label ... NBC to Trump: You're Fired!

Michael Jackson's nephew Austin Brown is being groomed by the star choreographer of "Stomp the Yard" to be the next big thing, reports Chris Yandek of TheSportsInterview.com. David Scott tells Yandek that Brown is "incredible" and that they're working on "some stuff that's gonna hit the streets in a second." ... Whitney Houston is "straight as an arrow" according to her record label, refuting reports yesterday on FOX News that she seemed to be in an altered state at the big celeb party in the Bahamas last weekend. ... NBC left Donald Trump's "The Apprentice" off its fall schedule yesterday, though it reserved the right to bring back the show at some point later in the season.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

bret

Don't like the woman, most people i know don't like her, she's a joke. I think she's a phony. It seems she doesn't like other races, whites, asians, hispanics. Can't stand her patronizing people, like she knows what's best. Thank you oprah for telling us what's best for us, we really like it when you make it evident that we can't think for ourselves. You know what's best for us, we love it.

Deb

I have watched Oprah for many years. But, after her recent "White Folks" comments, I am Boycotting all Oprah Winfrey Productions. O Magazine, Oprah Winfrey Show, Dr. Phil Show to name a few. I also printed a Letter to the Editor in my local newspaper for other "White Folks" to Boycott Oprah!!!!!!!!! I have several black friends who also feel she is Racist and have not watched her show for a while now. Hit her where it hurts. (Her Pocketbook) Tell your friends.

knowall

Didn't Oprah once put down Janet Jackson in the 90's for dying her hair blonde? Oprah was so rightious..today she has plenty of blonde highlights and GAYle is Swedish blonde. Add two and two people....

meme

Oprah said last week to her stunned guest, I can understand why black people were happy when OJ Simpson was found not guilty, it's sort of like payback for being slaves to the white people. Yea that's nice OPRAH ! Thanks for keeping racism ALIVE in America!!

srhm

Ryche !...You are so hot ! ...I think I love you! ...Will you marry me?...How old are you?

Ryche

HAHHAHAHA.. Im 34, and im already married, im sorry... But thank you for the words..

monica

Ryche,

That was sarcasm in reference to your comments directed at Monica. Sometimes the best response is NO RESPONSE! You just lost that one!

Ryche

Aw, well thank you for setting me straight on internet ettiquite, but i didn't know this was a win/lose contest...

btw, im sure you meant what you said, you can't take it back now... LOL

srhm

#271 I'm in love (monica)...For the love of God, please...Shut Up....now....Talk about "Sometimes the best response is NO RESPONSE" ? If you can't see that this would be a good time for you to do JUST that, then.....The only one that lost anything was you. To begin with, enough regard from anyone( other than Ryche) to read (let alone, respond) even one word of all your.........Well, I think you get the point......Or wait........maybe you don't...

Ryche- Thank you for responding...Lucky women, that wife of yours....Please give my regards.

srhm

Ryche,

Please omit "women" (and maybe interchanging a few capitalizations in the wrong place) Starting to get down-right iratated with "monica" , now.

Beginning to think it's just some kid, ditching school. or something.....

srhm

Monica, please except my apology.

It's just that ...it isn't about Ryche's punctuation, or grammar. ...or even winning. It's that he/she...can't be too presumputious, here... is evidently, investing a lot of time, effort and concern for this matter in an attempt to get someone to see another perspective....But doing it....Oh. so well...in a smart yet loving way ..IMO...and could be another African American, as far as I know.

There are others, that have commented on this subject here that state they are also black ( take #269 "Everyone needs to grow up" for example) that are at least open and willing to consider another perspective..

Cookie

I think people do not always think before they speak... AND, she should have said (my grandmother would be proud to see what I acheived and what people of color have done so far to make a difference, that there is opportunity to move forward like I did) But she did not! And as you know, people need entertainment....

HAF

Wow. I used to have a lot of respect for Oprah. Turns out she's not the class act I thought she was, she's just another bigot.

With nearly infinite power and a billion dollars in the bank. So, can we fire The Almighty O now too?

tracy

I don't believe that any "Good White Folks" could have uttered a similar comment without risking a public outcry.

michael

We treated the blacks for sooo long horribly..they seem to think that turn around is fair play.
But 2 wrongs don't now and never will make a right. She loathes being black because of the history involved. Unfortunatly, she is mad at God for making her black and is taking it out on "Good White Folks"!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments