Kelly Clarkson:

I Won't Change for Anyone!

5/19/2007 3:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelly Clarkson is definitely Miss Independent now -- giving the "screw you" treatment to her record label and doing what she wants for her new album.

At a photo shoot for Entertainment Weekly, featuring Kelly as its covergirl, Clarkson stands by her new music, saying, "This album's different, it's better as a record and it's better as in singles (sic)," and added that artists should "never be afraid to step outside of the bubble."

Kally ClarksonRumors flew last week that record label honcho Clive Davis wanted to scrap the original American Idol's new album, "My December," but TMZ learned Kelly refused to compromise with him over the material, most of which she co-wrote.

"My December" drops July 24, her EW interview is on stands now.

TikiGirl

As much as I dislike Clive Davis, I have to admit he may be right about My December if the song she sang at the finale is any indication of the content of the cd. Kelly has a fantastic voice, I just wish she would sing and not scream. Disagreeing with the PTB and having the good girl, Carrie out there and now Jordan, another girl with a big voice like Kelly's may make her dispensible.

Auntie Em

ooooooooooooh what a rebel..

how sad

I love Kelly. She is extremely talented and not one of the young hollywood idiots.
You go kelly...stick to your principles an stay true to who you are.

Tyler

tmz, update your post because kelly's album is being released june 26th! go to her RCA's website and you can find out there.

Tyler

tmz, you need to update this post because kelly's album is being released on june 26th!!

concerned citizen

Good for her. It's nice to see an artist not selling out.

brown

good for her, if bob marley wasn't a rebel he wouldn't have changed the way music is made and played from the heart! you go girl, you go!!! :) i'm starting to like her more now, def, way more than britney spears thats for sure!

nofanhere

Her head is getting as big as her body!

Summer

This is why I love this girl. She wants to make music and thats all. Music her fans like and music she is going to enjoy singing everynight.

Summer

WOW she is hot all of a sudden. On the cover of EW and during the photo shoot. I think its the long hair.

C Ya

Good for her!

kumquat

I would definately like to bone her.

Chris

You Go Girl !!

LMFAO

I've gotta say that even though manufactured pop has never been my thing, you' ve got to give major props to Kelly on this one!! She is the only performer to come out of a reality TV show, who I am more that happy to call a genuine artist!!

....hmmmm

#7...what an intelligent comment! I can see you're a brilliant individual....

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments