Did Rosie Leave Trail of Trash, 'Staches?

5/25/2007 12:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Wild Rosie Gallery: click to launch photosRosie O'Donnell may have burned whatever bridges she had at "The View," after her ballistic blowup with Elisabeth Hasselbeck, allegedly trashing her dressing room in anger.

And that's not all! Her chief writer, Janette Barber, reports Page Six, was escorted from ABC studios after she was caught drawing moustaches on photos of Elisabeth hanging around the building. Indeed, ABC confirmed to the Post that "photographs at 'The View's" offices were defaced," though it adds that Rosie wasn't around when it happened.

As for the dressing room meltdown, ABC denies it. Still, Rosie continues to be cryptic about whether she's coming back next week, with her latest blog posting saying, "There is a point u must step away from the canvas as the work is done."
Ro Vs. E : click to watch the video

Rosie to Leave "The View"

Rosie -- Breaking NewsABC has just announced that Rosie O'Donnell will not be back on "The View."

Brian Frons, President of ABC Daytime, issued the following statement:

"We had hoped that Rosie would be with us until the end of her contract three weeks from now, but Rosie has informed us that she would like an early leave. Therefore, we part ways, thank her for her tremendous contribution to 'The View' and wish her well."

Barbara Walters said: "I brought Rosie to the show. Rosie contributed to one of our most exciting and successful years at "The View." I am most appreciative. Our close and affectionate relationship will not change."

For her part, Rosie said: "I'm extremely grateful. It's been an amazing year and I love all three women."

Britney Really Does Have Another Son!

For a while there, it looked like Britney's younger son Jayden James might turn out to be the Suri Cruise of 2007 -- the Incredible Invisible Infant. But just yesterday -- praise the Lord, ya'll -- the baby was seen (at least, we presume he was under that blanket), and of all things, the "Toxic" mama decided to take them out to sea!
Brit rocks the boat gallery: click to launch photos
Britney Spears, the boys and their trainwreck entourage went for a little cruise around Marina del Rey. Wearing multiple hats and outfits, including one hat better suited to Ted Knight on "Mary Tyler Moore," -- the sailing lipsyncher has now docked for your viewing pleasure -- in our seaworthy gallery!

Enjoy, y'all mateys!

Jessica – I Ignore My Fears

Jessica Simpson gallery: Click to launch photos
It's unclear what she's talking about, but Jessica Simpson has taken to the Internet airwaves to dispense some wisdom she gained while traveling in Europe for the Cannes film festival and elsewhere. She tells us on her personal website that she spent plenty of time in museums, and read about Michelangelo, which inspired her to write something that she herself reads over and over to "find new strength."

And it goes a little something like this: "Can facing our fear be what walks us to somewhere better? ... In my life, I ignore my fears too often, but then I'm left with nothing to challenge the best of me ... There is no discovery." After reading it over and over, and, again, we're not quite sure what she's talking about.

Paula Pussyfooting Around Dog-Breaks-Nose Story?

wacky-ass paula: click to launch photos
Did Paula Abdul's nose look suspiciously un-broken after her supposed trip and fall over her Chihuahua last weekend? Page Six thinks so, reporting that Paula's toying with the truth, and that what really happened was, according to their source, "She pitched a fit, threw something into a mirror or glass object, and a shard of glass struck her in the face." Ouch. Hence, it wasn't broken, and didn't look as swollen and out of joint as noses generally do. Paula's rep says the story is "absolutely, categorically untrue."

D.A. Won't Pull the Trigger on Ryan O'Neal

Ryan O'Neal
TMZ has learned that Ryan O'Neal will not face criminal prosecution for allegedly firing a gun during a late-night brawl with his son Griffin in February.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney claims there was "insufficient evidence to prove the case" against the 65-year-old actor, even after cops interviewed and re-interviewed several witnesses.

Ryan was arrested and booked on charges of assault with a deadly weapon and negligent discharge of a firearm after Griffin's girlfriend called 911. In February, O'Neal's attorney Mark Werksman told TMZ that Ryan was badly injured in the incident, after Griffin allegedly struck him with a fire poker. Ryan's lawyer also stated that the actor "fired a shot in warning, not in anger."

Ryan's rep, Neil Hassman, tells TMZ, "We're extremely happy that the D.A., after a thorough investigation, has come to learn what we've known all along. Ryan was defending himself and we knew that's what would come out."

Calls to Griffin's attorney, Gloria Allred, were not immediately returned.

Party Favors: Brangelina Makes Sly Getaway in Cannes ... Doc Martens Apologizes for Kurt Ads ... Could "Pirates" Make $200 Mil This Weekend?

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie -- and Brad's castmates in "Ocean's 13" -- escaped the crush of post-premiere admirers by pulling, as FOX News reports, an elaborate bait-and-switch on partygoers in Cannes. ... Doc Martens is apologizing to Courtney Love for the ad it ran in a UK publication showing Kurt Cobain wearing its shoes in heaven, calling the ad "offensive" and "a mistake." ... The third "Pirates of the Caribbean" could be the first film to gross over $200 million over the Memorial Day weekend, say the people who watch -- and care about -- such things.

COMMENTS

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Imaklutz

I actually tripped over my dog and landed on my face, breaking my nose (dont ask why I didnt do something smart like catch myself!) after the first day my nose was just a bit swollen with a tiny cut so it is possible she fell.

Juanita Troutt

I think that Rosie needs to cool it and let people voice their own opinions in their own words and stop badgering them. Everyone has a right to their won sayings and if the person is not afraid to step up to the plate, then let it be.

The troops need to come home because we need them in America more than ever before. We need to billions of dollars here and not in Iraq. We are suffering more than most people think that Iraq is. We are the ones that are going poor and they are growing rich.

shadow

SICK AND TIRED OF ROSIE THE NUTS. WHY DO WE HAVE TO BE UNDERSTANDING THAT SHE'S NUTS AND SHE CAN SAY ANYTHING SHE WANTS, ATTACKS ANYBODY SHE WANTS JUST SIMPLY BECAUSE SHE'S A LUNATIC? ENOUGH ALREADY.

michael

How is that Don Imus gets fired and put through the ringer for saying some dumb stuff, and Rosie gets to trash our Troops and call them terrorist, then cut into Elisabth for not backing her play. Rosie should be fired, not because she is a pain, but because she seems to always be looking for someone to put down. That is not intertainment.

jess

I support rosie. Elizabeth is stupid puppet that gets debriefed about contravercial repub. topics everyday before the show. yes,I agree yelling isn't needed. but Elizabeth is deaf and dumb.

robert

Rosie is a BIG FAT PIG!

AC

If you watch the clip rosie didn't do anything wrong. Elisabeth was being a complete jerk, even when Joy was trying to read her list she kept piping up all defensively. She didn't even want to listen. I hate her so much.

Kymm

I watched what happened on the view during the fight the other day and you know what Elizabeth is the one that was to blame for all of it. I can't stand her. I love the view except for her. I like Rosie and think that even if I didn't like her I would agree with her. ELIZABETH SHOULD BE KICKED OFF!!!!!!!!!! I refuse to watch the view once Rosie leaves because of her. Maybe if she left it would be better. If you ask me she is the terroist by agreeing with such a horriable president. Carter and Gore had it right when they said he is the worst President ever.

robert

I'm sorry, lets not forget those other BIG FAT PIGS; Babs, Peanut and Ria.

Ray Fowler

Rosie O'Donnell makes up her own truths (lies) to serve her own agenda.
Anyone who follows the news can see she is uninformed. She is finished
in broadcasting and it is unlikely anyone will want hyer for film, given her tirades.
O'Donnell has also sullied the reputation of Barbara Walters, although Walters
could have rebuked Rosie months ago, but chose to defend Rosie. This is costing
Walters her favored position in society. She is being dropped off the list of invities,
as hosts don't want her to be the center of attention or to make other guests
uncomfortable. The Rosie debacle may mark a hasty exit for Walters as well. It's too
bad an otherwise brilliant career may see it's demise on such a sour note.

Elizabeth

Poor Rosie. Elizabeth is so rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder she was snubbed.

joellen

I think Rosie has finally hit rock bottom....I will never watch the view again till both she and Behar are gone for good. There's nothing informative or entertaining about what they do. Just shows how classless they are. Elizabeth keep up the good work.

MIRAGE

DIZZY DIZZY LITTLE LIZ GO HOME AND PLAY WITH THE KIDS. YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR ZONE. WE AS ADULTS FIND YOU A RICH BRAT. MIRAGE

NANCY C

IF THERE REALLY IS ANOTHER CHILD WHY DOESN'T BRINTEY EVER HOLD IT?? IS THERE AN ACTUAL PHOTO OF THIS CHILD? I DO BELIEVE THERE IS A 2ND SON AND HAVE A FEELING HE HAS SOME SORT OF DISABILITY THAT BRITNEY DOES NOT WANT US TO SEE!! DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL THIS WAY? NANCY

April

Rosie would be taken more seriously in her political views, I think, if she acted more like an adult. Right or wrong, being a bully and/or having a tantrum just isn't going to get one's point across.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments