Britney: "I Was Like a Bad Kid With ADD"

5/29/2007 1:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears took to her website again today to reach out to her fans -- and to take veiled shots at her former manager, Larry Rudolph.
Britney Spears
The post tried to explain some of what has been going on lately with Ms. Spears, including rehab, saying, "Recently, I was sent to a very humbling place called rehab. I truly hit rock bottom. Till this day I don't think that it was alcohol or depression. I was like a bad kid running around with ADD." No argument there.

Spears says in the letter that she doesn't want to "place blame on anyone," but then she does, saying at one point, "I had a manager from a long time ago come in and try to direct me and my life after I got my divorce." She also went on to say, "I feel like some of the people in my life made more of some issues than was necessary. I also feel like they knew I was beginning to use my brain for a change and cut some ties, so they wanted to be in more control of my life than me."

That's all well and good, but can she explain the 15-minute lip-sync mini-tour?

Chris

Hey, Brit, just heard on the news that the Pussycat Dolls are holding additions this weekend. Maybe they will hire you, since nobody cares about your music (and craziness) anymore.

~J~

Britney is such a fake !
And for her to compare her actions as a person with ADD Please!
I am a mother of 3 With ADD that was untreated until reacently and in all
my 36 years NEVER behaved like or remotely like Ms. Britney
My professional OPINION its called maturity! and it does not always come with age!
Its called Responsibility and it usually comes with Motherhood!

Get lost your OLD NEWS !
my own kids are embarrassed to even wear your perfume !

Ra

God Bless you Britney Spears!
Best Lip-Syncer... OF... ALL ... TIME !!!

Rock Bottom My Ass

If she's so concerned about her kids, why is she never with them? She should go back to her trailer park.

Dottie

Just a bunch of bull piled on top of more bull.

are you kidding me?

YOU PEOPLE ARE MORONS. One day, you're beating her to death, the next day she releases her side, you love her to death. This girl has never been articulate nor relenting. She is uneducated at best, and doesn't have the capacity to write this self-reflecting letter, unless of course, her PUBLICIST OR SOMEONE SHE PAID WROTE IT FOR HER. As usual, she is an attention seeking whore wanting the world to feel sorry for her. She is laying the blame on media and her divorce for her alcoholism and coked up partying ways. Britney, just go back to rehab so we wouldn't need to hear about you. Your career is done. Please ask Bahrain to take you like they did to Michael Jackson.

Jean

Britney needs to get a grip and GROW UP. She has NO ONE TO BLAME FOR HER BEHAVIOR, BUT HERSELF. She needs to stop pointing her finger at folks and point it at herself. If she can't see that she had a HUGE PROBLEM (s):

1. Partying all night
2. Showing off her privates
3. Having to be escorted out of clubs in the wee hours of the morning
4. Shaving her head
5. Stopping at gas stations every 10 minutes, and walking in them barefooted
6. Flying coach from Miami to LA
7. Cannot sit on a plane without leather seats
8. With all the money she has, cannot find a top notch stylist to do her hair

...then she needs to go BACK TO REHAB and stay there until she grows up and take some responisibility for her actions. Here she is, a very rich girl, with a beautiful family, 2 beautiful kids and she is complaining and can't get it together. There are people her age, poor as can be, and not even close to acting as foolish as she is.

Britney, listen to Simon Cowell, DUMP YOUR FOOLISH FRIENDS WHO ARE TAKING YOU TO CLUBS and go to your family and stay there until your brain is refreshed.

Watcher

Poor thing. She still doesn't get it. She'll get there, eventually. It just takes time. Every experience is a stepping stone to a future of maturity and clear thinking.

yes the girl IS dumb as a rock

Wow, do you think she wrote that Quote of the Month herself??

She has the mental capacity of a 12-year-old. It's stunning. Just stunning.

I'm still convulsing from the horrible sound and image

A "bad kid running around with ADD"? And this is coming from a "mother"? God forbid her kids have ADD. Way to be understanding, Brit. 12 mins and 23 seconds.....tick, tick...

karen1459

I have a child with AAD Britney and you should know its a learning disability not an excuse to dump your babies and run around getting trashed acting like a slut. Go back to rehab then try some parenting classes.

nataska

OH shut up britney and go take care of your kids. You nasty ass bitch. Im sick of hearing about her.

Michelle

Britney refuses to believe she has a problem with drugs/alcohol, so she can get back to the party circuit. She didn't hit rock bottom---not even close. Bottom humbles a person, makes them a better person. She has learned nothing. I feel sorry for her children.

my opinion

Britney you're pathetic. You don't even realize half of America is laughing AT YOU NOT with you. You are a JOKE.

Please go home to your two children. No one wants to see you on stage anymore. You're a HAS-BEEN. Your "glory" days are over.

Everyone feels SO SORRY for your two little boys. Please, for the love of those two little angels you have, go home and just worry about being a good mom to them.

Serioulsy, you would have more respect from everyone if you just concentrated on being a good mother to your two little boys.

mybell

you guys have no idea what it is like to be her, or in her shoes. Give the girl a chance, and some credit. I think she is wonderful, and she is doing the right thing....owning what she did wrong !!!!
You don`t know how it feels, until you have been there....so don`t cast the stone !

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments