Paula: I'm Deeply Hurt

5/31/2007 6:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Paula Abdul says:

"I am deeply hurt and extremely disappointed that someone has taken a private telephone conversation that I had with my representatives and released it to the media. This is not only illegal but also highly unethical. While I don't feel a need to justify or explain my conversation, even as a public figure I do feel my privacy has been violated and find this action to be unacceptable."

As first reported by Page Six and posted by Perez Hilton, a secretly taped phone conversation was released today -- which featured a sobbing Abdul discussing her former publicist and their strained relationship. Paula, we're told, is now back with her longtime publicist Jeff Ballard.

Unfortunately for her, the "Idol" judge was in London for the past few days and had no clue about the controversy that was swirling around her until she arrived in the States today.

Welcome back!

Mechelle

I feel so sorry for her. This is so wrong! I hope she takes legal action.

She has 4 titatinum rods in her body. My friend has the same thing. The pain is unbearable. you have to take several pain medications just to get thru the day. It is a horrible way to live. Their conversations can also be slurred because of it.
I am so sick of people calling her a drunk ect... when she is clearly in alot of pain. Knowing what this feels like I really applaud her for being able to show up for work and keep her job.
YOU GO PAULA! WE LOVE YOU!

Ra

I'd like to 'photoshop' this pic of Perez...
but I don't know how to make this pigface look any worse:

anon

I agree; Perez is a schmuck! However, how old is Paula Abdul? Maybe she's going through menopause(seriously). That would explain A LOT.

J Byrd

Keep doing pills and drinking gallons of booze Paula, keep doing lots of pills, please, do us a favor and keep doing these cool things. Haahaaa!! That way we get rid of you faster. Haaa!!

Jim Muskers

this is for Sandy, how would you like it if your phone calls were taped?? you might cry too.

sister_mary_rotten_crotch

If this was taped in california, its illegal as they have a two-party consent rule for taping:

costaMesaboy

*******THATS OVER THE LINE,,,,,,,,,,,HOME IS ALL THESE STARS HAVE NOWADAYS!!!......i like Paula,,,,,i go on drinking binges also,,,,,,,,,HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS*****

Liz

She uses medical conditions as her excuse for everything. She is a pathetic hypochondriac. Retire if your that sick but stop using it as a crutch. You're a washed up old hag and belong on VH1's "where are they now"

Buh bye...

Cherilyn

geez the insensitivity of people.....Paula is a good person not like that horrible Angelina who hurt Jennifer Aniston......she does not take drugs or drink she can't have had a career for 20 years if she did that.....those people who said she drinks and takes drugs and acts stupid are stupid themselves......how'd you like to live in pain like that when pain pills (legal) are the only way to get relief....shame on the ones here who said mean things about her...I've liked her since the beginning and can't understand why people have to pick on her

Cherilyn

gee why do people want to say bad things about Paula???!!!! you try living with four titanum rods in your leg.....she's not whiny....how would you like it if someone leaked your phone calls...she wasn't drunk or stoned....you can't have a career for 20 years and do that...I've liked Paula since Forever Your Girl came out she's sweet.. wish people would stop picking on her.......whoever leaked the tape is going to be in big trouble...she ought to file a complaint with the FCC

Diane

Even Paula doesn't deserve her private conversations to be tape, nobody does. Its just wrong and even worst to go and post it online.

Kim

Paula paid Perez to do this. Look at all the sympathy she is getting. Her chance to tell her story. Publicity people did it. He wouldn't risk the lawsuit. Against the law in CA. Now we all feel sorry for Paula. She's not a drunk anymore... she is a victm of pain and media.

blackberry_curve@yahoo.com

lol At strung-out, spent, druggie Paula (Abdul). Sandn****r. :-)

Mike Hunt

Paula, run head first into a chipper shredder, NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Terry

The conversation was either taped & released by this former publicist some how or someone taped a cell phone conversation, which is not hard to do to anyone