Hilton in Custody

and Doing Time

6/4/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was there when Paris Hilton turned herself in to Sheriff's authorities Sunday night.

0603_hiltonsurrender_tmz_48-1
It didn't go down at the jail. Paris' mega-lawyer, Richard Hutton, picked her up at her parents' house at 10:30 PM. Hilton, Hutton, mom Kathy and sister Nicky then drove to the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles -- commonly referred to as the Twin Towers -- where Paris officially surrendered to the L.A. County Sheriff to begin her 23-day sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watch
The Sheriff devised the plan of surrendering miles away from the actual site where Paris will be doing time, because the crush of paparazzi at the jail created a potential safety hazard.

Paris was then driven to the jail in Lynwood, where she is now serving her sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watchEarlier in the evening, Hilton left her house for the MTV Movie Awards. After appearing on the red carpet, Hilton went to her parents' house for a brief time, then left with her lawyer to face the music.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the plans for Paris have changed. Although they had pre-screened a woman who was designated her cell mate, for the time being, Hilton will be in solitary 23 out of 24 hours every day. The one hour that she's out, she's not really out. Hilton will be allowed to shower, use a phone and watch TV in a small pod adjacent to her cell.

Paris' lawyer just released a statement to TMZ from Hilton: "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes."

Hilton added, "This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions.
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

jiji

whatever man

;)

wow!

not really, but it will be nice to have 23 days without her

Khrystah

Ha! Enjoy your stay! :)

Brianne

MTV really humiliated her when they did their skit. she looked a little upset when the audience clapped and cheered. (p.s. dont break your teeth paris)

Brianne

Looked like the audience at MTV enjoyed seeing paris squirm. All the people watching on tv how embarissing for her.

Katee

She'll probably be out in a day or two.

Amber

I love how her mom left the window down so everyone could see inside.... publicity whores! I hope TMZ finds a "source" on the inside because I don't think I can wait 23 days to hear about her whole (hopefully miserable) experience on the inside.

EEWWWW YUCK!

sarah silverman was awesome...finally Paris sees what everyone thinks of her!! Hope you learn your lesson in jail, Paris you are a spoiled brat!

mike

i rly feel bad after she said she was scared, it just killed me, i hope the best for her

Brianne

She's sad because her life's on big sex joke. There's no way she could of done her perp walk after that mtv skit.

Cindy

and shes still getting special treatment.

mary

From red carpet directly to jail...
Hey Paris, How is the reality?

Brianne

Go MTV i think u made a good point tonight for all teenagers around the world to see.
Paris is a whore
Paris is on her way out of showbusiness
by living by her own rules it has messed up her life she gets no respect how sad.
She needs to disapeer for 2 yrs after she get out of jail. (They need to sterilize the jail cell for stds you know she's carrying a few.

Googie

Not a fan of Paris, but I really think this may be a changing point in her life. I think it takes a lot of guts to be in public and take the ridicule. She may just surprise us all in the future, in a good way. This may really be what she needed to turn her life around towards the right direction.

Kat

It's gonna be a great month! Have fun Paris!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments