Hilton in Custody

and Doing Time

6/4/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was there when Paris Hilton turned herself in to Sheriff's authorities Sunday night.

0603_hiltonsurrender_tmz_48-1
It didn't go down at the jail. Paris' mega-lawyer, Richard Hutton, picked her up at her parents' house at 10:30 PM. Hilton, Hutton, mom Kathy and sister Nicky then drove to the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles -- commonly referred to as the Twin Towers -- where Paris officially surrendered to the L.A. County Sheriff to begin her 23-day sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watch
The Sheriff devised the plan of surrendering miles away from the actual site where Paris will be doing time, because the crush of paparazzi at the jail created a potential safety hazard.

Paris was then driven to the jail in Lynwood, where she is now serving her sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watchEarlier in the evening, Hilton left her house for the MTV Movie Awards. After appearing on the red carpet, Hilton went to her parents' house for a brief time, then left with her lawyer to face the music.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the plans for Paris have changed. Although they had pre-screened a woman who was designated her cell mate, for the time being, Hilton will be in solitary 23 out of 24 hours every day. The one hour that she's out, she's not really out. Hilton will be allowed to shower, use a phone and watch TV in a small pod adjacent to her cell.

Paris' lawyer just released a statement to TMZ from Hilton: "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes."

Hilton added, "This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions.
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Tim S., you are the real parasite, sucking the life out of the future of children like mine. You are the true monster, not Paris. Hatred is not a virtue.

Clinton

I'm Paris's illegitimate inbred child.

missy

I need to take responsibility for my actions.

puhleaz, This was all scripted right down to the last tear in the eye! That bimbo is still doing the poor,poor pity me party. But at least we have 23 days without her and for that I am so thankful. Unfortunately that whole circus will start backup way to freaking soon.

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Missy, we need 23 years without YOU & YOUR tacky comments and even tackier weave girlfriend!

Clinton

DOTH is my twin sister.

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

you and youre mother are the only inbred whores on TMZ

Jen (the REAL one)

To "Tsk Tsk":

I couldn't agree with you more...I only made one post on this wall up until just now...someone used my name for the other two posts by "Jen" to start some Bible thumping...religion should not come into play with this situation, and I'm not sure why it is...TRUST me, I'm not religious, and I'm not one to judge anyone, which is why I don't think people should judge Paris, especially when they don't know her personally....

And to everyone else who hates Paris:

You at least need to give the girl some credit for dealing with everything that comes her way...I doubt any of you would be able to handle the humiliation and constant scrutiny like that girl does. I know I couldn't deal with people following me around with cameras 24/7 and criticizing my every step...I'm sure many of you are just as "bad" as her, but you don't have someone putting your every move under the microscope.

ALSO: one of you made a comment that the "defenders of Paris" are the "ones she makes fun of" who are apparently, poor, ugly, and "public school educated"...funny, because I defend her and am financially comfortable, decently attractive, and went to boarding school, so please don't make assumptions about people when you have no foundation to make such claims

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Unfortunate antics for those with an IQ of less than zero...have fun guys being disgusting haters..your mothers and grandmothers must be rolling in their graves. LATER YALL!

-JADA

Clinton

I think Paris is so cool because her first name is a country.

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

I LOVE YOU THE REAL JEN YOU ARE THE MOST INTELLIGENT WONDERFUL WOMAN ON TMZ BESIDES ME! MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR ALL YOUR LIFE!

Clinton

My daddy's my brother.

Lina

Well she deserves what she deserves! it's not because she is famous thanks to her father that she shouldn't deserve the same treatment as anyone else. Plus that, she's not going to be that lonely since she has access to private shower, TV, and also use the phone whenever she wants. She's not really considered as a real prisoner.

Anyway hope she'll learn her lesson well now !

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Look Paris is great Jen is wonderful and I love Paris so the JOKE IS ON THE HATERS IT TAKES A LOT OF ENERGY TO HATE YOU MUST LOVE PARIS AS MUCH AS I DO LOL SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

THANKS JEN YOU ARE GREAT

ezdog

Paris Hilton is so stupid she gives real blonds a bad rap. She should go into the space program when she gets out of the pokey because she has a lot of it between her ears !

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

HATERS WILL BURN IN HELL WITH SATAN THAT MEANS YOU TIM S LEE KERRIE MARIE RA